Thread: California

Forum Member

Default California

is there websites in california i can look at for available jobs, im a firefighter in florida and looking to move back to california where i am from but i dont know any sites that may focus on just california jobs

any help is appreciated

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I am right there with you!

Come on California guys, we needs some leads here. Experienced firemedic needs job in Cali and help through red tape.

Forum Member

Help through the red tape here in Cali? Good luck my friends, lol. A good website that isn't Cali specific but is based in Cali and has good info is www.firecareers.com, I think another is perfect firefighter candidate, or you can hit up people you know in Cali for info as well. I work in the Bay Area. If I can help at all, let me know. I hope this helps. Stay Safe.

Permanently Removed

Another very good website is www.firerecruit.com Pay the money and get the service, its worth it.

Also, Please understand that out of state certs. do not work ni CA. The NR Medic cert is a bonus.

Any more questions.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by davidxxx View Post
    is there websites in california i can look at for available jobs, im a firefighter in florida and looking to move back to california where i am from but i dont know any sites that may focus on just california jobs

any help is appreciated
    Try this link, its free.

http://www.calchiefs.org/classifieds...b&categoryid=6

Forum Member

San Francisco just opened up you can find all the info here.

http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/Bulprev...00H2&R3=053650

I also moved from out of state and just started working in California. Plan on making a lot of trips to test and good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

SFFD is looking to hire 350 firefighters over the next 3-4 years. This is a fantastic opportunity. LAFD also has a continual open recruitment.
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Forum Member

www.firehire.com

Been told by some buddies that this is a pretty good site. Anything worth while will cost $$.

Default from wis to cali?

Does anyone know if firefighter 1 and 2 certification, hazmat ops as well as EMT from other states transfers to california??....any info would be appreciated, I am from cali, but I am a firefighter in wisconsin currently and working on my emt as of now, and want to move back to cali in the next couple of years. All of my certifications are state of wisconsin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Thanks for the info so far but...

Ok guys here is an update. I got my California Paramedic license in, have my valid CPAT but finding a dept. to accept my Missouri Fire certs is the problem. I know that Cali does not offer reciprocity for any other states' fire certs. All of my FF1, 2, Hazmat awareness, ops, tech, officer 1,2, Instructor 1, Safety officer 1, NIMS, etc is IFSAC or NFA. Including FEMA and US Dept of Homeland Security. All I want is a job in Cal.!!!! 7 years career exp., 10 total.
    I can find a lot of postings but getting past the "must have california fire 1" is killing me.
    Can any of you guys that have posted replies give any additional help?
    I am ready to give my 2 weeks notice....

And to answer JasonDaum, only your EMT will if you are Nationally registered and your training was up to Cal. standards. I just went through this with my paramedic.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcracer View Post
    Ok guys here is an update. I got my California Paramedic license in, have my valid CPAT but finding a dept. to accept my Missouri Fire certs is the problem. I know that Cali does not offer reciprocity for any other states' fire certs. All of my FF1, 2, Hazmat awareness, ops, tech, officer 1,2, Instructor 1, Safety officer 1, NIMS, etc is IFSAC or NFA. Including FEMA and US Dept of Homeland Security. All I want is a job in Cal.!!!! 7 years career exp., 10 total.
    I can find a lot of postings but getting past the "must have california fire 1" is killing me.
    Can any of you guys that have posted replies give any additional help?
    I am ready to give my 2 weeks notice....

And to answer JasonDaum, only your EMT will if you are Nationally registered and your training was up to Cal. standards. I just went through this with my paramedic.
    Aside from the proverbial "tough luck" slogan... tough luck

Explained: You will not bend any department to accept a certification that may as well not cover or go over practices used in the state. Your best bet without a CSFM cert is a big department with its own academy. Your medic cert will help in that process. You could also go wildland. Plenty of places available there. CAL Fire likes Medics I hear.

And also, LAFD, LAcoFD offer continuous recruitment. LAFD would love medics so they don't have to send their own through the process.

Hope that helps a little

Thread Information