Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default National Fire Academy

I was checking out the application procedure for the Fire Academy to attend their two week resident course for Fire/Arson Investigation. I noticied they give preference too full-time arson investigators. Now I am part of a task force, which isn't full-time, therefore I am not a full-time investigator.

So how much stock does the NFA put into this full-time preference or should I not worry about it all.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by savoy6; 11-26-2007 at 07:59 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by savoy6 View Post
    I was checking out the application procedure for the Fire Academy to attend their two week resident course for Fire/Arson Investigation. I noticied they give preference too full-time arson investigators. Now I am part of a task force, which isn't full-time, therefore I am not a full-time investigator.

So how much stock does the NFA put into this full-time preference or should I not worry about it all.

Thank you in advance.
    They put alot of stock in it. But that should not stop you from applying.

Here's a tip. When you are filling out the app, make sure you stress how part of your responsibility with the task force is training and the information you receive in the course will be taken back and shared with the other members of the task force.

You know what I mean?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Here's a tip. When you are filling out the app, make sure you stress how part of your responsibility with the task force is training and the information you receive in the course will be taken back and shared with the other members of the task force.
    George is right.

When you fill out the application, make sure you explain as fully as you can (section 16 of the 75-5 form) what your job is and how this training will help you and your organization.

From the NFA 11/21/07:

"NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY open application period is open.

The application period for National Fire Academy Courses began on November 1st through December 31st. This application period is for courses which will be delivered during April 2008 through September 2008.

When you apply, be sure and complete ALL the boxes on the standard 75.5 long form application.

PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE BLOCK 16. THIS IS A MANDATORY BOX.

If you fail to complete it or do not complete it adequately, you will not be accepted into the course.

THIS CANNOT BE ANSWERED WITH THREE OR FOUR WORDS. You MUST provide an adequate explanation for review."

Also be prepared to prove you've had ICS to level 200, as it is now a pre-requisite to residential NFA programs.

Good luck.

Thread Information