Forum Member

Default The PC cops have struck again

I normally don't post news articles here but I thought this was hilarious. Political correctness has taken over.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...c-9e3d83bcbbad

Warning Labels Placed On "Sesame Street" DVDs
    Contributor: Travis Bard
    Email: tbard@myeyewitnessnews.com
    Last Update: 7:37 am

Parents who grew up watching the first episodes of "Sesame Street" will be shocked to hear that they're now for adults only.

The first two DVDs of the earliest episodes have warning labels on them that say they're "intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today's preschool child."

Executive producer Carol-Lynn Parente tells the New York Times that some things that were OK then, are not now.

Like the Cookie Monster eating all those unhealthy cookies or smoking a pipe while playing Alistair Cookie. And what about Oscar the Grouch being so mean to everyone?

She says they might not create a character like him now.

Remember when Big Bird was the only one who could see Snuffleupagus? that suggests hallucinations, which is a no-no.

Even in the first episode ever aired, Gordon befriends a lonely girl named Sally, holds her hand and takes her home to meet his wife and eat cookies with milk.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scrapper View Post
    I normally don't post news articles here but I thought this was hilarious. Political correctness has taken over.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...c-9e3d83bcbbad

Warning Labels Placed On "Sesame Street" DVDs
    Contributor: Travis Bard
    Email: tbard@myeyewitnessnews.com
    Last Update: 7:37 am

Parents who grew up watching the first episodes of "Sesame Street" will be shocked to hear that they're now for adults only.

The first two DVDs of the earliest episodes have warning labels on them that say they're "intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today's preschool child."

Executive producer Carol-Lynn Parente tells the New York Times that some things that were OK then, are not now.

Like the Cookie Monster eating all those unhealthy cookies or smoking a pipe while playing Alistair Cookie. And what about Oscar the Grouch being so mean to everyone?

She says they might not create a character like him now.

Remember when Big Bird was the only one who could see Snuffleupagus? that suggests hallucinations, which is a no-no.

Even in the first episode ever aired, Gordon befriends a lonely girl named Sally, holds her hand and takes her home to meet his wife and eat cookies with milk.
    So first, Austrailia says no more, "Ho! Ho! Ho!" from Santa.
    Now kids can't watch Bert and Ernie sleep in the same bed???

I was a fan of Cookie Monster back in the day.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Hallucinations are a no-no? Don't tell Chich and Chong that

RFxplr- Santa's too obese and that sends bad messages to kids, so now Richard Simmons hands out gifts.
    Last edited by Motorhead90; 11-28-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up"-Steven Wright

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead90 View Post
    RFxplr- Santa's too obese and that sends bad messages to kids, so now Richard Simmons hands out gifts.
    I didn't hear about Simmons... I though I heard Billy Bob was...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

How did we get roped into political correctness? I've decided to rebel by simply not being politically correct. Those bleeding heart p***ys that don't like it can go to hll.

MembersZone Subscriber

This PC crap is getting out of hand. I'm taking a FEMA\NFA class this week and in the scenarios, the main character is referred to as "he\she". For example, "the driver of the truck noticed a leak of the product. He\she pulled to the side of the road and called the fire department."

PC is for people who get knots in their panties over the slightest hint of an insult, either real or imagined. Political correctness, as well as most of the extreme liberal agenda, is nothing more than intellectual laziness by people who have an overwhelming drive to show they are superior to the rest of society. In reality, they demonstrate their inability to apply common sense and basic analytical skills to the situation.
    Last edited by KenNFD1219; 11-28-2007 at 11:37 PM.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Thread Information