Smile Student with some questions

Hi, I'm a freshmen in high school and I have some questions about how your job as a fireman effects your family. I am the daughter of a fireman and have some experience with the topic, but I am looking for more variety. Anything you can tell me about how your job effects your children, spouses, parents, ect. would be very helpful. Just so you know I will be trying to include any responses into my paper. Thanks a ton!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayko22 View Post
    Hi, I'm a freshmen in high school and I have some questions about how your job as a fireman effects your family. I am the daughter of a fireman and have some experience with the topic, but I am looking for more variety. Anything you can tell me about how your job effects your children, spouses, parents, ect. would be very helpful. Just so you know I will be trying to include any responses into my paper. Thanks a ton!
    Twice divorced because of the job. Living with a woman now, no plans to re-marry, just reaping all the benifits......

Kids from both marriages.

Piney Power
    Berkeley Township, New Jersey, United States

I'm an 18-year-old male out of high school this past June and graduating our county's Fire Academy officially sometime in January, but we actually our NJ State Exam this Thursday so today through Thursday I will be studying for that a lot.

With someone like me, having a father that had a father that was a volunteer firefighter almost all of his life I really don't know what my parents feel or anything. They haven't said anything to me except for when my dad tells me the road conditions on the days when we get calls and he's home. My dad never became a firefighter so I don't expect him to understand a lot of what we do like my mom. I guess they're pretty proud of me for doing what I do, but I don't see much emotion coming from them since I've been heavily involved with firefighting. My parents do support me and my fire company so that's a good thing, though. It affects me in different ways because I know what I'm getting into as well as I know that I will have to make certain sacrifices during my lifetime that I may regret or commend for doing, but I will do it all in the end.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayko22 View Post
    Well my father has been a firefighter for 14 years and it has been great. He and my mom have been married for 20+ years now and are still going strong. Being a firefighter, my dad was able to catch all of my high school basketball games, college bball games, and even watched me play professionally. He never brought his work home with him. He has always been very proud of what he does and I have always admired him for that.

Thread Information