MembersZone Subscriber

Default New website... see what ya think

Hi all, I just launched a new website after having it built the last 8 months or so, www.911owned.com. Still having a few bugs worked out but it is up and running. Hopefully it will be a good one to bookmark. As the listings fill up, it'll be a good resource when you need work done or are looking for other items, as an easy way to look for public safety (mostly firefighter) owned businesses to consider first.

I also put free banner ads on it for national charities, so if you don't see one there that you think should be, contact me through 911owned and I'll take a look at it. Keep in mind they rotate, so not all are visible at the same time, have to refresh the page some to see them all. If anyone wants to list, contact me through the site and I'll discount it.

Stay safe and happy holidays all.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Here's what you get....

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
    The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
    Click here to close this webpage.
    Continue to this website (not recommended).
    More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
    When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
    If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the reply. Still working out the security certificate popup. It was provided by the webserver so the name didn't match 911owned.com, which was generating the error. It was still secure (https in the domain), but am now working on getting a dedicated certificate to remedy that. I'm doing the whole site as secure since there is so much info in there and people can access their own listings, even though just visiting it you don't enter any personal information.

Finally down to just a few bugs. I'll tell you, after being months past when this was supposed to be completed, I'm just glad to finally have it up. Thanks again for the feedback. Kevin
    Last edited by fyrmnk; 11-30-2007 at 12:59 PM.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Best of luck Kevin. I'll look forward to visiting your site when it gets set up 100%. Only a bit of time to go to hangin up my helmet so will need something to do.
    Bryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks Bryan, good luck in retirement... though you never really retire
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Now have information about the site in a couple places online including a link on closecalls.com and feedback has been very positive. Any other new comments/input about the site or categories to list a business under that you'd like to see? Thanks, Kevin
    Last edited by fyrmnk; 12-19-2007 at 12:08 PM.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Thread Information