MembersZone Subscriber

Default Greetings from the Big House

Wanted to take this opportunity to post a meet and greet. I have been a member of Fire House.com for 2 years and I have enjoyed it immensely. I am the Fire Chief for one of the three state prisons in Mississippi with a department made up of convicts, YES Convicts! These guys have dedicated themselves to protecting lives and property, whether it is on prison grounds or out in the local community. We provide mutual aid to 9 local volunteer fire departments as well as the state forestry service. I look forward to participating in the forum and meeting new brothers in the brotherhood of fire fighters.

Forum Member

Smile

greetings from France.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Greetings....and very interesting. Not many prison fire brigades left in this country. Got to ask...are you prison staff or inmate???

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Greetings From the Big House

I am a staff member. I have 6 inmate fire fighers and 3 additional staff fire fighters that volunteer their time in the event of a dispatch.

Thumbs up Hi There.

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonChief View Post
    Wanted to take this opportunity to post a meet and greet. I have been a member of Fire House.com for 2 years and I have enjoyed it immensely. I am the Fire Chief for one of the three state prisons in Mississippi with a department made up of convicts, YES Convicts! These guys have dedicated themselves to protecting lives and property, whether it is on prison grounds or out in the local community. We provide mutual aid to 9 local volunteer fire departments as well as the state forestry service. I look forward to participating in the forum and meeting new brothers in the brotherhood of fire fighters.
    Good day to you as well friend.
    All around the globe we all do the same thnig. Some in more difficult circumstances. Hang in there my friend and keep up the good work. It doesn't matter where you come from, as long as you are in this calling in heart and soul. That is the only way to survive.
    I am from South Africa and in the Fire & Rescue Services since August 1981and still eat my heart out & keep the adrenalin pumping when the bells goes.
    There are not many people understanding the life of a fire fighter. Even my wife can't understand how a man of my age can get excited when you hear the sirens wherever you are.
    Greetings and God bless u all.

Thread Information