Forum Member

Default Hostages At Clinton's Office in NH ???

Possible hostage situation Clinton at '08 office in New Hampshire
    2:01
    November 30, 2007

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP) _ State police are investigating a report of a man holding hostages at Hillary Rodham Clinton's downtown campaign office.

-------------

Just came up on an AP news ticker...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Police: Man holding hostages in Clinton campaign office in N.H.
    2:06 p.m.
    November 30, 2007

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP) _ A man claiming to have a bomb was holding one or more hostages at Hillary Clinton's campaign office Friday, police said.

Authorities were sending a tactical bomb unit to assist local police, and the area was evacuated, said Maj. Michael Hambrook of New Hampshire State Police.

Bill Shaheen, chairman of Clinton's campaign, said someone walked into the satellite office with what appears to be a bomb strapped to his chest. Two staffers, whom he described as volunteers, were held hostage and others were released.

"Hopefully, they're going to negotiate this so no one gets hurt," Shaheen told WMUR-TV.

Workers for Sen. Barack Obama's campaign office in Rochester also were evacuated, a campaign spokesman said. The office is four doors away from Clinton's. John Edwards' staffers also were evacuated.
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

You beat me by six minutes you damn lumberjack.

Shouldn't you be tapping trees for syrup or something!?!?!?

Definatly an interesting story.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Jake,

Gimme a 28 on my cell...

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

(CNN) -- Two people are being held hostage by an armed man at Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire, police said Friday.
    art.nh.hostage.whdh.jpg

Emergency crews arrive at the office building in Rochester, New Hampshire, Friday.

The man walked into the office at about 1 p.m., Maj. Michael Hambrook of the New Hampshire State Police told CNN affiliate WMUR-TV.

Hambrook and Clinton campaign officials said two people were believed to be inside.

Shortly before 2 p.m., police officers had taken positions across the street from the office, some kneeling behind police cruisers with guns drawn.

A woman and her baby were released by the hostage-taker, the woman workers at a nearby business according to the WMUR Web site.

A witness, Lettie Tzizik, told WMUR she spoke to a woman shortly after she was released from the office by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape,'" the Web site reported.

Clinton, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, is in the Washington area.

She was scheduled to speak at 3 p.m. at a Democratic National Committee event, but canceled the talk because of the situation, DNC Chairman Howard Dean said.

"Unfortunately as some of you know, there is a hostage situation in New Hampshire involving a Clinton campaign staff person," Dean told those who had gathered for the event.

"The details are sketchy at this time, but understandably Senator Clinton is now dealing with this very difficult problem and she is not going to be able to join us today. And we will keep them in our prayers and hope for a resolution to this situation in New Hampshire."

The nearby campaign office for Sen. Barack Obama, also a Democratic candidate for president, was shut down as a precaution, WMUR said. The offices of former senator and Democratic candidate John Edwards remained open

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

tsk tsk...people are already getting violent...now everyones just going to feel sorry for hillary

Forum Member

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP)A man claiming to have a bomb walked into a Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign office Friday and took at least two hostages, police and witnesses said. He released a woman with an infant immediately and two other women later emerged from the office, according to witnesses.

Clinton was out of state when the man walked into the office shortly before 1 p.m. and displayed what he said was a bomb strapped to his chest.

The second and third women came out shortly after 3 p.m. as heavily armed police officers maintained positions outside. Shawn Hooper, who owns a shop across the street, saw one woman emerge as SWAT team members took a telephone to the door.

The main remained inside.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't think the police can get him out. It takes a village.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post

Clinton was out of state when the man walked into the office shortly before 1 p.m. and displayed what he said was a bomb strapped to his chest.
    DAMMIT! Missed her!

Should have done his homework!

Seriously...hope it all works ok where no one gets hurt and the crazy guy goes to jail.
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

The hostages have been released. He is still inside. The guys is apparently "disturbed" which I'd say is the understatement of the month.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I don't think the police can get him out. It takes a village.

And on that note (since I have to add some letters)...
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Can't wait to see how she "spins" this one!!!!

Forum Member

Situation over, unfortunately she was not there. Kind of like here in NY.

Forum Member

Road flares and probably a garage door opener.Woulda made a pretty red light.And poor Hillary had to cancel all her engagements,Too bad she wouldn't cancel her run for office. T.C.

Forum Member

What interesting comments to read from compassionate conservatives. I'm they're all meant in good fun. I'll keep that in mind the next time I read that "Snarls" Cheney has another heart attack.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    What interesting comments to read from compassionate conservatives. I'm they're all meant in good fun. I'll keep that in mind the next time I read that "Snarls" Cheney has another heart attack.
    I know...I bet you thought this was some ultra-radical right-wing conservative plot. I want to hear your RANT!!!

By the way, I've never claimed any political affiliation on these forums, but Hillary will never have my confidence.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I saw this as it was happening (more or less) on the news yesterday while still at work. I had to laugh when the commentary went something like this:

"We are showing this to you live. However we will not post it to our website, as we do not want to alert the bomber on the location of where the police have staged themselves around the building and streets."

Ya ok... you wont post it to the web, "just in case" but you'll blast it over regular television with the "hope" that he wont turn on the tv that is very likely in the office somewhere...... Sure. That made a lot of sense.

Just glad that things ended more or less peacefully.

Funny thing though. At the same time this event too place (and it was the story PRECEEDING this one) a loaded AMTRAC ran into (or was run into) by a freight train in Chicago. Any one catch the news about that? I head something in the range of 180 passengers onboard. That may a bit high - it was the only report I saw/heard during that part of the broadcast, as Hillary seemed to be "more important" than an active MCI event in Chicago.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Yeah, I heard about the train too but didn't keep up with either story. It amazes me how some people can "steal" the news. Haven't even turned on the news today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    I know...I bet you thought this was some ultra-radical right-wing conservative plot. I want to hear your RANT!!!

By the way, I've never claimed any political affiliation on these forums, but Hillary will never have my confidence.
    And you'd be wrong about my thinking this was some ultra-radical right-wing conservative plot. Sorry no rant. Just a commentary about the lack of compassion from those who claim to have it.

I really don't care about your affiliation, and Hillary doesn't need your vote to win.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Happy belated birthday too!!!

Forum Member

Yea. My favorite part of the train story was how they keep saying the train came to a "hard stop". A hard stop? It was all up in the back of freight train, they call that a 'hard stop'? I believe the proper term is "crash".

Forum Member

The First Reports Were It Was A Fat Chick With Kankles Wearing A Stained Red Dress Yelling I Love You Bill.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neversaydie69 View Post
    The First Reports Were It Was A Fat Chick...
    Are you talking about the cause of the train wreck or the hostage taker in New Hampshire

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    Are you talking about the cause of the train wreck or the hostage taker in New Hampshire
    you posted to the wrong thread. this is the billiary thread.

it takes a village bill did all the women there and told her so.

Thread Information