Thread: FF questions

Default FF questions

Hi guys, I'm sorry if these questions might seem basic but i wouldn't mind them answered....thanks in advanced

I'm a junior in college and have little work experience i was wondering what type of pay can you expect to receive entering the AF after basic and actually on the job. (all this after i graduate of course)

and what type of mental, physical demands can i expect in basic or the fire academy? i play Div II football and cant imagine anything more demanding than being a full-time student athlete? thanks guys

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by MrLarry View Post
    Hi guys, I'm sorry if these questions might seem basic but i wouldn't mind them answered....thanks in advanced

I'm a junior in college and have little work experience i was wondering what type of pay can you expect to receive entering the AF after basic and actually on the job. (all this after i graduate of course)

and what type of mental, physical demands can i expect in basic or the fire academy? i play Div II football and cant imagine anything more demanding than being a full-time student athlete? thanks guys

www.military.com has paycharts to find your base pay.. with your college credits you have, you will be advanced up to e-2 or e-3..

Fire academy is one of the more difficult schools to graduate from. but if you have the muscle, endurance and willpower, you should have no problem. keep in mind though that most everything is team-based so you're not going to be alone. help the weaker ones and keep your eyes on the prize.

-Damien

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrLarry View Post

Mentally, basic is tough. Many say Air Force basic is the second hardest behind the Marine Corp, because of the mental challenges. However, being a football player you should have no problems at all with the physical aspect, just lots of running, push-ups and sit-ups. The fire academy is great, the best in the nation. I actually had a lot of fun in San Angelo. Basic will carry over for the first week or so into the academy, but they gradually give you more freedom as you progress through schooling there

Thread Information