Thread: Paterson, NJ

Forum Member

Default Paterson, NJ

I hear that Paterson is starting applications in Feb and is keeping it open for 6 months. Can anyone comfirm this

Forum Member

The City of Paterson is a civil service department and tests are issues by the state New Jersey Department of Personel. The next application should be coming out some time in the spring of 08'. The results were just released for the last testing process about a month ago. So the app is coming out in the spring of 08' unless it gets pushed back or opened and kept open for longer then intended like last time.

Forum Member

Mike,

Paterson will most likely start hiring candidates from the previous test (which will be active until November 2009) some time around February/March.. NVetro is right, Paterson is a Civil Service town, the next application being released by the NJDOP is sometime in Spring'08.

Forum Member

Default New Jersey Mayor Plans to Phase Out EMTs

Forum Member

thanks.

does anyone know how many Paterson usually hires of each test, because i'm willing to move to take it, and how many months is the application open for

Forum Member

Mike,

Paterson is a civil service town, which means the application and testing is handled by the NJ Department of Personel. The next application release date is some time in Spring of 2008 (most likely in May). I believe that you have to be a Paterson resident to get hired there, start looking soon..

Paterson FD was advertising the application big time when it was released. Everywhere you went, flyers were posted. The only way to really know how many people they are looking to hire from the current list is to go to a fire dept in Paterson and ask any of the firemen if they know how many. If you didn't apply for Paterson in 2006 and did the testing, you will have to wait for the new app to come out. Be aware that its a long process on getting hired. 2 - 4 years, assuming you do great on all the tests.

Personally, I did great for Newark, I have a very good rank which means the possibilities of me getting hired are great, however, if I'm not hired by Spring '08, I will be reapplying when the application comes out.

Thread Information