Forum Member

Default Spartan Furion Pictures?

Does anyone have any pic's of any new appartatus using the Spartan Furion chassis? I know it's not been out long but I would really like to see some pic's. My department is in the process of bidding out a new pumper/tanker on a 4-door International 7400 and I heard that the price of the Furion should compete with commerical trucks. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mtrfd2518 View Post
    Does anyone have any pic's of any new appartatus using the Spartan Furion chassis? I know it's not been out long but I would really like to see some pic's. My department is in the process of bidding out a new pumper/tanker on a 4-door International 7400 and I heard that the price of the Furion should compete with commerical trucks. Thanks

From what I understand, we (Miami-Dade) will be getting the first Spartan Furion Chassis. It will have a Braun body mounted on the rear and set up in a Rescue (EMS) configuration. It will most likely be on display at FDIC in Indy next year.

Iluv4201

Forum Member

There should be 16 Furions from different mfg's at FDIC.

The price tag starts at $90,000.00.

Well I tried to post PICS but it told me that was an invalid thread! E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail the PICS to you.

Forum Member

My e-mail is: 2518@mariontwpfire.com thanks for the pics.

Forum Member

Default May not be worth the trouble

I don't know if anyone else has had any experiences with trying to bid a truck with this new chassis. But the price difference really didn't end up competitive with the commercial chassis...or at least not enough to warrant downgrading from the next chassis up that Spartan has to offer.

BFD
    Engine Co. 611

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bchap611 View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has had any experiences with trying to bid a truck with this new chassis. But the price difference really didn't end up competitive with the commercial chassis...or at least not enough to warrant downgrading from the next chassis up that Spartan has to offer.

BFD
    Engine Co. 611
    It seems that the Furion is smaller in size competitive to the HME SFO WIDE chassis... I like Spartan chassis. Well built for what they are. We don't have any Spartan chassis, but our neighboring dept. does they've used them for 10 yrs. on the last 4 rigs they've bought.
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bchap611 View Post

BFD
    Engine Co. 611
    While this is true, sometimes budget can play a huge part of the deal. And getting that extra 15K+ to go to the next chassis is not so easy. I would hope that as Spartan works out the kinks in this new line the price comes down some to make it at least a little closer to the commercial cabs price wise.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtrfd2518 View Post
    My e-mail is: 2518@mariontwpfire.com thanks for the pics.
    I tired sending the PICS twice this week and they bounced back both times saying the user box was full. I'll try and resize my PICS in the next few days and post them here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Furion Pics

Does anyone have any new pics now that the April show is fast approaching? Curious if anyone is building a 4x4 Furion or an aerial.

Forum Member

Talking Furion Boomer

Send me a e-mail at draftmaster30@gmail.com I have pictures of a Furion/Crimson with a Boomer on it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by viperfire1 View Post
    Does anyone have any new pics now that the April show is fast approaching? Curious if anyone is building a 4x4 Furion or an aerial.

No 4x4 for now

No Aerial

There is not enough front axel, the largest front axel is 18k

Forum Member

Red face Furion/crimson

Attached pictures I was sent this past week, the Furion has alot of room, here it has a Crimson Boomer on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Forum Member

I have been in a Furion, it's nice......no frills. More room that a commercial shorter length and a better turn radius and bigger power.

Rescue 1 built a Rescue on a Furion and it will be at FDIC.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just my opinion, but that thing is hideous. Just like the Sutphen Imperial chassis and the E-one Quest. I guess it doesn't look like a traditional cab, and mabie it will grow on me like when the new pickup chassis have come out in the last couple of years. I can see it doing well being able to get a custom cab for the price of a commercial, but it's just not for my tastes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face Furion Pics

Thanks for the pics. I wish Mfg would post pics on their web sites sooner than after the show. They are different looking but for cost savings might fit the bill. Looks better than building a truck on a Chevy cab over for sure.

Forum Member

I think it looks a bit like the old E-One Daytona, though this one looks better. Let's hope it sells better than the Daytona though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoaddoggAK View Post
    Just my opinion, but that thing is hideous. Just like the Sutphen Imperial chassis and the E-one Quest. I guess it doesn't look like a traditional cab, and mabie it will grow on me like when the new pickup chassis have come out in the last couple of years. I can see it doing well being able to get a custom cab for the price of a commercial, but it's just not for my tastes.
    Your right other than the E-One quest in red actually looks pretty well and is a nice chassis. I am not a spartan fan anyway, but given the price range and American Lafrance unable to get their finances straightened out to where their Patriot cab would compete it will probably sell well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRAFTMASTER30 View Post
    Attached pictures I was sent this past week, the Furion has alot of room, here it has a Crimson Boomer on it.

Looks alright, no worse than most modern vehicles, might improve fuel economy, better than driving a brick, and for the price, tis better than a commercial cab truck.

Forum Member

What target audience are they hoping for with the Spartan Furion? What's so special about the truck over any other truck besides the fact that it's smaller?

Forum Member

Cool The dead horse.

I had a customer on the fence custom or commercial. I went looking for the Furion and it seems to have disappeared.
    Fyrtrks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrtrks View Post
    I had a customer on the fence custom or commercial. I went looking for the Furion and it seems to have disappeared.
    Is it maybe being replaced by the Force? Call Pat.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Yes, the Furion has been discontinued.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Good. My department bought 10 of them, much like Miami-Dade's, but with no pass-through from cab to box. Giant ambulances. They had problems from the get-go. They seem to have settled down now, but they're ridiculously expensive for an ambulance.

Thread Information