Default Check out this stretcher!

All career guys take note, Vollies are leading the way in extrication techniques.

Follow this link, and see how a real department works. Why waste valuable time with a critical patient doing a messy extrication when you can just load and go and do the extrication en route to the hospital. Kudos to you, smoke eaters! That's as real as it gets!!

Is the ambulance following behind on another flatbed?

http://www.botsfordfirerescue.com/fullstory.php?49172

Forum Member

Good thing I wont be driving thru there anytime soon. They are all one foot from being run over during a parade.

Forum Member

I'm confused. Are departments really starting to do this? Why doesn't the academy teach this? How fast do you go during the extrication?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePants8 View Post
    Good thing I wont be driving thru there anytime soon. They are all one foot from being run over during a parade.
    Purplepanies - You are so keen on your "probie" abilities. Why dont you just tell us how to do the job with your months of wisdom. How they teach you in the academy that you have been "clear" of?

talk about a stemmie....

Forum Member

Awesome idea on the parade! Great pics!

Forum Member

While not exactly the safest idea. You gotta give them props for trying a novel idea for generating excitement for the FD. It was at parade speeds. I would have liked to see side rails of some sort but hey for the detroit thanksgiving parade they had a halfpipe on a float and guys were riding it while moving
    Never Forget 9-11-01!!!!!!
    There wasn't just 343, the other 73 rescue workers deserve to be remembered too!!!!

Forum Member

What are all of you people nuts? This is unsafe not only to them but also the public. Maybe if the extinguisher is knocked off on it's guages the FF. in the full PPE and airpack displaying his chainsaw will deaden the blow before it shoots into the crowd. God forbid they get slashed or trip on hoses due to the limited trailer walkway as they are bravely waving to the crowd. What ever happened to the friendly community open house.
    Last edited by pinjob; 12-08-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinjob View Post
    What are all of you people nuts? This is unsafe not only to them but also the public. Maybe if the extinguisher is knocked off on it's guages the idiot in the full PPE and airpack displaying his chainsaw will deaden the blow before it shoots into the crowd. God forbid they get slashed or trip on hoses due to the limited trailer walkway as they are bravely waving to the crowd. What ever happened to the friendly community open house.
    Yes your right! They should also be wearing 4 pt harnesses being up that high. What if one were to fall and break a nail? This is just plain crazy, next you will see the chief in his bunker coat and 501's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by beachffgirl View Post
    Awesome idea on the parade! Great pics!
    It's different, I'll give it that. Beachffgirl what part of NY are you from?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ConcerndCitizen View Post
    All career guys take note, Vollies are leading the way in extrication techniques.

Follow this link, and see how a real department works. Why waste valuable time with a critical patient doing a messy extrication when you can just load and go and do the extrication en route to the hospital. Kudos to you, smoke eaters! That's as real as it gets!!

Is the ambulance following behind on another flatbed?

http://www.botsfordfirerescue.com/fullstory.php?49172

If you are so "Concernd" and are so sure you're right that this wasn't the smartest move, and are brilliant enough to try to incite a volunteer/career debate over it, then why make up a new user account to use as a sockpuppet? I put the odds at 30-1 that this is not your first FH.com account. I might be inclined to take you seriously if you used your real name or regular FH.com account. But then again, not with the juvenile volunteer/career molotov cocktail you threw.

Ownership of duplicate accounts is a violation of the FH.com terms of service, and finding your IP address to determine what your other account is could be done by the webteam in about 15 seconds. Not like getting kicked off is the end of the world, though. Whatever.

-----------------

On topic, I think the parade float extrication is a novel approach to gain exposure, but there are safer ways. There are safer ways to do lots of things. Watch and learn, as always.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricHoser View Post

If you are so "Concernd" and are so sure you're right that this wasn't the smartest move, and are brilliant enough to try to incite a volunteer/career debate over it, then why make up a new user account to use as a sockpuppet? I put the odds at 30-1 that this is not your first FH.com account. I might be inclined to take you seriously if you used your real name or regular FH.com account. But then again, not with the juvenile volunteer/career molotov cocktail you threw.

Ownership of duplicate accounts is a violation of the FH.com terms of service, and finding your IP address to determine what your other account is could be done by the webteam in about 15 seconds. Not like getting kicked off is the end of the world, though. Whatever.

-----------------

On topic, I think the parade float extrication is a novel approach to gain exposure, but there are safer ways. There are safer ways to do lots of things. Watch and learn, as always.
    I think another novel approach would be for the townsfolk to "watch and learn" as one of their beloved volunteers falls off the float with a 70 lb hurst tool and comically grabs his groin in mock agony before being crushed under the wheels of the flatbed. I somehow don't think it's unreasonable to believe that a car shouldn't be traveling at a slow rate of speed during an extrication.
    My academy taught zany avant-garde concepts like cribbing, stabilization, eye protection and common sense.

I'll admit I don't have the stunning command of the firehouse terms of service that you have. Something to emulate for sure....

Forum Member

I'll admit I don't have the stunning command of the firehouse terms of service that you have. Something to emulate for sure....

I dont think I have the patience.

Forum Member

Default Carrer/volunteer

Guys, either way, same team. We all want to do the same thing out there. volunteers need to do different tactics to try to gain members by generating excitement. I have been on both sides of this career/volunteer coin. There are stupid career guys and girls, just like there are some dumb volunteers. But we are all a team and we work together to get the job done and bring everyone home. Why not tackle a real issue. on these forums, lets talk firefighter fitness. After all heart attacks kill more firefighters than anything else.

Let's talk fire trucks!

I think another novel approach would be for the townsfolk to "watch and learn" as one of their beloved volunteers falls off the float with a 70 lb hurst tool and comically grabs his groin in mock agony before being crushed under the wheels of the flatbed. I somehow don't think it's unreasonable to believe that a car shouldn't be traveling at a slow rate of speed during an extrication.
    My academy taught zany avant-garde concepts like cribbing, stabilization, eye protection and common sense.

Your PHd in sarcasm has impressed us all...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't disagree with your assessment of the situation, and never did, you don't need to convince me that a rolling ext demo was not smart, so stop wasting your time preaching to the choir.

It's your approach and delivery that need work.

I couldn't care less if you violate the "rules" here, I am only letting you know how easy it is to have your cover blown. Why hide? Few people listen to sockpuppets that seem to have something of their own to hide.

Take the fight where it belongs. It doesn't belong here in this forum under your weak attempt to start a volunteer/career debate which has no relevance to the situation.

Give me a moment to ready my defenses against your next sarcastic remark lest I be driven to tears.

You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Forum Member

One time I was in Disney World at a parade and Pluto fell off the trailer an died.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramrod360 View Post
    One time I was in Disney World at a parade and Pluto fell off the trailer an died.
    Ramrod was he performing an extrication too?

Forum Member

I think it was probably a GREAT show. The public was probably really impressed and it was probably spectacular PR.

But it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do when viewed from a safety standpoint..
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information