Thread: What next?

Default What next?

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but Im brand new here and noticed a lot of posts similar to mine. Im having a hard time finding some good answers though. I am graduating from UMass in the spring 2008, and I am concerned with what to do next in order to pursue my dream of being a firefighter. The diploma has nothing to do with firefighting, however I have been on a student volunteer force for 2 years and an EMT/B , and know I definitely want this. I didnt learn as much as I wanted on the student Force because I was real busy.

Im from a suburb near Boston, and would kill to be a Boston Firefighter but I would be happy with anything. I am looking into either paramedic school or maybe enlisting, (I have been hearing things about Dpt. of Defense Fire Academy or CG Fire?)

I guess what Im asking is advice and stories on how you went about becoming a FireFighter after you decided on what you wanted to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys

Forum Member

Default Try AFD

KMo2008,

Have you considered applying for Austin Fire Department? Shoot me a reply if you have any questions.

www.AFDrecruiting.com

Thread Information