Talking International Fire-Fighter Exchange

G'day I'm an Australian Fire-Fighter trying to find an exchange for British Columbia, Anyone interested or know someone who might be. You can contact me on Simon.Pilkington@fire.tas.gov.au, 0061439321726 or post on the forum.

Cheers

hi there,

have you found an exchange city yet? i live 200 miles from the BC border. is there any australian firehouse.com type website to post something like this???

thanks and good luck

pat

Smile Hunting for an exchange

G'day Pat

To answer your first question no im still hunting it's the most difficult part of the exchange process.
    To answer your second question i don't know of any forum like this for Oz firey's, though every state in Australia has participated in an exchange as far as i am aware and most of them should be fairly recieving of any inquiries. I don't know how you are for info or if your department has done them before but i can email you some gear if you want about the fellowship.

Feel free to email me Simon.Pilkington@fire.tas.gov.au or call me anytime on 0061439321726.

Cheers and Good Luck

Pilk

Smile Exchange Fire Fighers

G'day Pat

Sorry i don't know of any Australian website like this. Where abouts are you from i still haven't found an exchange yet so i am still looking. It's the hardest part, if you need any information on the exchange i can send you the fellowship package that we get here, that should explain a fair bit if your department hasn't done them before.
    Drop me an email at Simon.Pilkington@fire.tas.gov.au if you like.

Cheers Simon

Default Looking for Exchange?

I'm looking for a firefighting exchange in Scotland or Sweden ? Would prefer to try a 6 month exchange . I am a Canadian firefighter located within a little over a hour from Toronto ,Ontario ,Canada.

Default Exchange

I'm looking for a firefighting exchange in USA or canada? I am a swedish firefighter and fire inspector. Have you any ide if it is possble?
    Last edited by Maarkus; 07-14-2008 at 07:51 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Alaskan looking for Austraila/New Zealand Exchange

Hello, I'm a Paramedic/Engineer from Alaska. I would love to gain this kind of experience. I am a 32 y/o career firefighter with 3 years of career experience and 7 years as a vol. I work at a growing urban/rural dept. with about 35 career folks. we cover 2,200 sq miles(3600 sq kilometers) bordered on one side by mountains and the ocean on three others, serving about 25,000 people. How much does it cost and is it easy to do with a family? I have a wife and three kids. Are there grants for this kind of thing? Thanks for any info. brianita_3@yahoo.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe the District of North Vancouver Fire department in British Columbia still does FF exchanges.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default jhsads

Does anyone have any info on a fire fighter exchange program any where?

Smile Firefighter exchange from queensland,Australia to BC

Hi i am an Auatralian Firefighter in Queenslands Gold Coast looking to do a 12 month exchange to BC Canada. If there is anyone interested please contact me. I have a wife and two children who would love the opportunity to experience life on the other side of the world.

Forum Member

Default Firefighter Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    I'm looking for a firefighting exchange in USA or canada? I am a swedish firefighter and fire inspector. Have you any ide if it is possble?
    Hi Maarkus,

I would love to get over there for a year. Are you still looking? Do you know anyone else who may be thinking about coming over to Canada for a spell? Get back to me at: dmarksd@hotmail.com. Thanx.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any of you looking at FF exchange in BC may want to contact Malahat2 or MCcaldwell on here. They are both well versed in the BC fire scene.

Forum Member

exchange process.
    To answer your second 220-601 question i don't know of any forum like this for Oz firey's, though every state in Australia has participated in an exchange as far as i am aware and most of them should be fairly recieving of any inquiries. I don't know how you are for info or if your department has done them before but i can email you 220-602 some gear if you want about the fellowship.

Forum Member

Hello from Canada, did you find a suitable exchange candidate yet? Our Dept in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada fully support the idea and have allowed many to Australia, NZ, and one (that I know of) to Sweeden.

Forum Member

^^^ reported ^^^

FM1
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
    ^^^ reported ^^^

FM1
    Did you post this to the wrong thread?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Maarcus, are you still looking? I live in Edmonton, Canada, and would love to get over there. Email me at dmarksd@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Forum Member

would like to have updates on it......give me some links and websites!!

Thread Information