Thread: Fepp

Forum Member

Post Fepp

Last edited by kuntrykid; 09-11-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Don't want to be a member of these forums, so I deleted my posts.
    My comments do NOT necessarily reflect the opinions of my department, my fellow volunteers, or anyone else with whom I am associated.

Forum Member

neiowa is the man for this...

Forum Member

I would back Sly up on this a 1000% neiowa owns FEPP. He has built an empire by knowing how to look in the right spots and get it done.

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't know where you are, but Florida has a waiting list for some vehicles. You have to request items you see on GSA through your local FEPP state rep. A quicker "cheat" is to find a buddy in law enforcement that will allow you to tag along when they visit the DRMO. You'll get a heads up on what will soon be available on the cycle that can be screened by Forestry. Usually, when its gone to GSA auction, it's too late to be screened by FEPP reps.

MembersZone Subscriber

Search here on FEPP or surplus and you'll find several threads. I have several of our projects at www.stanleyiowa.com

Forum Member

Last edited by kuntrykid; 09-11-2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Don't want to be a member of these forums, so I deleted my posts.
    My comments do NOT necessarily reflect the opinions of my department, my fellow volunteers, or anyone else with whom I am associated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kuntrykid View Post
    neiowa, could you tell me how those International 4x4's are geared. I showed them to our apparatus maintenance officer and he said they probably would be geared for offroad speeds. That wouldn't work for our area, but I would think they should still be able to hit 55 even if they are geared lower.

Air Force surplus. Off road is the parking lot of a Hilton.

Engine is a DT360 so a bit short on HP but happy at 60mph on the highway. I drove one from NE Iowa to Ft Campbell, KY soon after we got it. Short wheelbase so a bit of a rough ride (though better than my 66 Ford 3/4t.

Forum Member

Thread Information