PipemanE1

Default Clark County, NV

Has any body else out there been offered a job from Clark County, NV? I'm from Michigan and was told I would be attending their second academy, and that more info would be available the first week of Dec. and I've heard nothing yet. I've called the head lady that is supposedly in charge and can never get through to get any information. If any body has any info for me please let know. Thanks

Forum Member

although I was not able to test for County, most of my EMT-I class did. They talk about it all the time... basically from what I have heard, they are in the middle of the 1st recruit school, i think 6 people have dropped out of it allready. The eligibility list is good for 3 years... none of them have gotten any letters yet, besides the "your on the list" leter. hope this helps..

jl
    Forum Member

I got the standard "rejection" a few months ago, after my board interview. Said I wasn't chosen at that time, for whatever thats worth. Haven't heard anything since.

PipemanE1

Default thanks for info

I received a "conditional offer of employment" and was told I would be attending there second academy in the spring time. I also heard that 9 people had dropped out in about the first 3 weeks already. I was looking more for if they had set a date for the second academy in the Spring. Thanks for the responses though.

Permanently Removed

Anyone who got a job offer- Good job. Get in there and shine. CCFD is one of the best!

jl
    Forum Member

Golffer--when did you get your notice that you were going to be attending the second academy? Recently?

PipemanE1

I called and talked to a lady about 3 weeks ago in the Fire Administation building and she told me she was still trying to get an exact date from the Fire Chief for when the second academy would start in early Spring. She told me to call back the first week of December and she would know more. She told me she would let me know any info as soon as possible, because I would have the longest move out of anyone else hired, since I am coming from Michigan. As for the last letter I received it was after all the first round drug tests and background checks were done. I havent received anything lately, its all been info I received over the phone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by golffer View Post
    I called and talked to a lady about 3 weeks ago in the Fire Administation building and she told me she was still trying to get an exact date from the Fire Chief for when the second academy would start in early Spring. She told me to call back the first week of December and she would know more. She told me she would let me know any info as soon as possible, because I would have the longest move out of anyone else hired, since I am coming from Michigan. As for the last letter I received it was after all the first round drug tests and background checks were done. I havent received anything lately, its all been info I received over the phone.
    Do u know how many per academy? Did they hire medics only 1st? Are u a medic or do u have any experience? Looks like a great place to work.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ccfd

The current recruit class started off with 40 recruits some medics, some emt-i. They take 40 recruits, I donít know the exact # but they will put 45 guys through the hiring process. If anyone quits or gets fired with in the first 3 weeks of the academy they will use the other recruits as reserves. I know that they have lost a decent amount of recruits due to grades, DRís, DNPís and injuries.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by golffer View Post
    I am waiting to hear from CCFD also spoke on and off with carol truhillo from human resources a few times but havent heard anything good in a while

jl
    Forum Member

just bumping this back up...

MembersZone Subscriber

This doesnt really relate to what your talking about but looking for some info on CCFD and when they might be testing again if there is anyone who knows.
    I may be moving there from MI, am a medic here want to know the outlook on ff/medic jobs there is it a huge pain?, are they hiring alot of medics? If anyone knows I could use some info

PipemanE1

Default Ccfd

From what I heard last of CCFD was that it was a three year list from this last test, so they probably won't test for a couple years. As for being a medic, CCFD doesn't have transporting rigs. Although they do run ALS Rescues and I think ALS Engines as well. The first recruits going through the acadmey right now are just about all medics. The Fire Chief wants to hire as many medics as he can get, I heard. As for if your looking for private EMS to start, AMR is there biggest and I think their main EMS company, I believe it bought out their competition. They get a lot of calls and AMR may not beable to get on scene for a couple minutes so that is why CCFD runs ALS Rescues, but I don't know why they don't just transport themselves. If you have any other questions, I can try to answer them for you.

Forum Member

ltparadise

As for being a medic here, licensing is pretty easy. If your National Registry you just have to take the state written exam. CCFD is looking for FF/Medics just like every fire department in the valley. But their academy is no joke. Chief Smith runs a pretty tight ship over there.So bring your A game.

jl
    Forum Member

Who is the best person in fire admin to call regarding info on the list/upcoming academies, etc??

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by jl View Post
    Who is the best person in fire admin to call regarding info on the list/upcoming academies, etc??
    My advice- If youre in the testing process, let them call you. Dont bother them too much. I can see maybe ONE phone call tothe department.

If anything, call personnel.

jl
    Forum Member

OK. Does anyone have any info regarding how far along the 1st academy is and when it is expected to be completed? Start of the 2nd??

Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, when was the testing for Clark County? I'm interested in this department, but I know I will not be able to test for a while now.

Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, when was the testing for Clark County? I'm interested in this department, but I know I will not be able to test for a while now.

PipemanE1

Default Fire academy

The testing was way back in I believe it was November of 06. The last time I talked to Human Resources they were looking at a March graduation from the first acedamy, and the second would start around early April. Thats what I heard last, but that all depends on what certifications they need to get all their guys, maybe longer or shorter, thats just what I was told.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default psych test and physical

anyone else get the call this week?

PipemanE1

Default fire academy

I was called and told that the next 3 to 4 weeks they were finishing up getting guys in for their physical exams, background checks, and psych tests. I tested back in Sept. for my psych, background check and physical, cause I was an alternate for the first academy. She told me to just wait the 4 weeks and they will decide who goes to the next academy in mid June after all testing is done.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question C C F D

Does anyone know when the next academy date is after the june academy?

Is CC going through the same budget crunch as LV?

How is the rest of the economy in that area, I heard that the entire vegas area is starting to slow down.

Thanks for the info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Anyone else taking the suitability test on april 7 & 8?

What to expect?

Anyone from CC, so this is the real deal correct pass this and I'm in.

I am from out of state where do I look for apts? What are the good and bad parts of town?

Does anyone offer FF discounts.

Thanks and any other info is greatly appreciated.

PipemanE1

I took the suitability test last year, as an alternate, and I am waiting for the June academy. My buddy might go he's trying to make a decision weather to go or not he heard its the last hiring off of the last test list. Its alot of dumb stupid questions and they ask you the same questions in 10 different ways to see how you answer the same question. Then they sit down and kind of interview view you and record it and ask you questions about certain answers if the computer picked up anything fishy to some anwers. If you pass this they can still not take you depending on the background check and, physical exam. Im from Michigan and have to friends out there and they say the northwest is the expensive area and the east side is ghetto. She said to look in the west, southwest, and some south, southeast thats the cheaper areas if you can call living out there cheap. I hope they offer discounts to fire personnel, my sister lives in Phoenix, AZ they gave her a discount for being a teacher. So hopefully. Hope this helped some and good luck.

Thread Information