god

Cool Do I have options?

I don't mean to divvy far from from the specific FF & Military topics, but this is more of a general military-related question...So any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm interested in joining some branch of the Military, but here are my "fears" (for lack of a better word) preventing me from enlisting:

-I'm not in the best physical condition (especially listed on their websites health requirements). By no means am I "fat" or completely out of shape, but overall I can't cumulatively do (just random example) 50 push up consecutively or run 2 miles in 14.7 min and 60 sit-ups. HOWEVER, I am working out & mild-diet (trying to get in better shape).

-I'm not crazy, however I take something like Prozac daily and from what I understand that would be a conflict with their medical history section.

-Probably not important, as I don't plan to fly jets, but I'm mildly red-green colorblind.

So are there any options that would 'suit' me (especially something pertaining to FF & EMS in the military)?

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Go check with a recruiter. They can set up a physical and then you'll have the answers. Next best suggestion would be to get the intake requirements for whichever branch you decide and get a private physician to do the evaluation. You should be able to get those requirements from a recruiter or find them online.

Good luck.

Forum Member

How dependent are you on the prozac? You will not be able to take any prescriptions in basic training, so that is likely a no go right off the bat. Good Luck.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

god

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    How dependent are you on the prozac? You will not be able to take any prescriptions in basic training, so that is likely a no go right off the bat. Good Luck.
    That was my concern. I don't know how "dependent" I am on it, however, I'm sure I could talk to the Dr. and perhaps 'come off of it' if need-be.

thanks guys for the prompt responses!

Thread Information