Forum Member

Default Fort Worth Testers...your take on these exam questions?

First of all, let me say that the wait to hear about our test scores is agonizing. Now, let me get your take on some of the questions that I am second guessing myself about....

1. Kids were skating on ice. The ice melted and they fell in. What was the likely approximate temperature of the ice when it melted?
    A. 0 degrees Celsius
    B. 75 degrees Fahrenheit

I chose A. 0 degrees Celsius. According to wikipedia, the freezing AND melting point of water are both 0 degrees celsius.

2. There was a reading questions where you were required to read a small passage and then answer a question about it. It went something like this, I will paraphrase:

Collins began as a rookie in the firehouse and everyone liked him. He was an active part of the group. However, Williams started noticing a change in Collins. Collins became more withdrawn and he would have mood swings. Williams figured that Collins was having family problems at home. However, Williams began to wonder when the mood swings began happening in the middle of Collins' shift. When Williams confronted Collins about it, he became very angry and told Williams to mind his own business. Later, a much more relaxed Collins approached Williams to appologize and assured Williams that everything was ok at home. Williams was not convinced.

What does Williams likely assume is wrong with Collins?
    A. Drugs
    B. Family Problems

I chose A. Drugs since the mood swings began happening in the middle of the shift.

3. There was another question with a chart regarding oxygen levels. 21% oxygen levels meant that there were normal conditions in the room or atmosphere. 17% oxygen meant that you would get slight muscle discordination and increased respiratory activity. The chart went all the way down to 4% oxygen which meant you would die if left in that environment too long. The question read:

A girl was stuck in her apartment because of a fire. She made it to the window where she was able to climb down a ladder the firefighters had brought to the scene. She was able to climb down the ladder using her own strength. What was the likely oxygen percentage in the room?

A. 21%
    B. 17%

I chose B. 17% since there clearly were not normal conditions since there was a fire going on. However, she was able to climb down the ladder using her own strength which almost led me to choose A. Who knows which is correct...

Also... my lotto number was 1279...how bad is that? What was the highest lotto number you could get?

Forum Member

0'' is right, so is drugs. The drugs question was literally straight from the review. I put 21% because I don't really think you are supposed to think about it like that. It said she had no problem, which in turn would be the 21%. Obviously real life would have different variables, but according to the paragraph she was fine.

Forum Member

As per the lotto number, mine was around that. I think high is bad, but also could be random, I'm not sure. I took SA's test in August and it did go in order. Like I said in my other thread, I saw that guy take more than one lotto number, which really really makes me mad.

Forum Member

I drew 579, the guy at my table with me had 1791. I agree with TechGuy's answers. On the reading comprehension questions, I tried to apply the parameters of the scenarios directly to the questions instead of inferring too much from the reading passage.

Forum Member

my lotto was 800. my buddy pulled 1600's. hopefully we all scored high enough that it wont matter. yeah waiting for the test score is always

a) the worst
    b) the baddest
    c) the worstest
    d) im tired of taking civil service test give me a job already

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    As per the lotto number, mine was around that. I think high is bad, but also could be random, I'm not sure. I took SA's test in August and it did go in order. Like I said in my other thread, I saw that guy take more than one lotto number, which really really makes me mad.
    High is bad.
    Maybe that guy's ethics will come back on him later on in the process.

Forum Member

Does anybody remember what they put for the percentage question?
    The answers were
    25%
    23%
    20%

I don't remember the specific numbers regarding the question, just wondering if you guys remembered what you put.

Thread Information