Exclamation What should be done?

A local town Fire departments EMS Chief was arrested last month for impersonating a police officer,the police department was out on a undercover op.by the home of ems chief.Ems chief saw a car with 2 people sitting in it drove by a couple times then pulled into his driveway,with his front end pointed towards the unmarked police car,he flashed his high beams at them with no response,so he turned on his red lights got out of his car like he was a police officer portables and all.And got the surprise of his life Oops they were police..This wasn't the first time this has happened either!! Ems Chief and fire chief are Buddies so it's trying to be swept under the carpet at the fire house until his court date! what should be done about this???

Forum Member

Default What's to Be Done

Well, that EMS who was impersonating a police officer should not only be let go by his department, but prosecuted to to the fullest extent of the law. This is the last thing that the fire service or any other emergency needs, some sick clown pulling such shenanigans as this. Sexual predators have even found impersonating an emergency worker a favorite ploy to go trolling for victims. Remember reading and hearing about that phony fireman who went around sexually assaulting women before he finally got caught. The ONLY exception to be made is when the EMS IS actually a police officer or a fireman. My department has a member who is both a police officer as well as a fireman and we are glad to have him. If your chief won't get rid of this guy, perhaps the chief himself needs to be replaced with someone who will. The fire service or emergency services do not have room for such impersonators, especially if the man impersonates a police officer, that is a matter not to be taken lightly. Any Emergency services department, be it fire, police, or ambulance, would do well to do thorough background checks on prospective workers be they volunteers or paid professionals and ANY sex related offense, no matter how trivial is enough of a red flag to bar from service. At the very least, this guy should be suspended from duty pending further investigation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

At the very least, the member should be suspended pending investigation or outcome of the trial.

(If this looks like someone else posted it...talk about deja' vu...we were replying at the same time. Not trying to take your thunder away rangerjim...just on the same wavelength...spooky, huh??? )
    Last edited by davjohnson; 12-16-2007 at 05:13 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Why is this being asked here, are we the authorities on what should be done? Why can't the local law enforcement handle it as they see fit?

Or perhaps you would prefer this answer: File charges against the impersonator, and let the legal system take its course. If, during or following the prosecution process, the impersonator's supervisor wishes to take further action, they should proceed as they see fit within the capabilities afforded to them in the employee's contract, or organization's bylaws, or whatever.

What answer are you looking for?
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Cool

I am looking forward to the legal system to do there job....But in the mean time nothing is being done by the fire department, alot of people in the department are dumb founded by the fact that nothing has been done,myself along with other members feel he should be suspended until he is found guilty by the court of law,then terminated from the department if he is found to be guilty..This kind of stuff going on can and will hurt any department if nothing is done! But those CLICKS will still go on and the bad in those clicks will always be protected! Pretty hard to retain people when crap like this is allowed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is it in the news already?

Assuming the story is complete from what you are writing.....

Make sure people (public) know what is going on. A letter to the editor or phone call to the local news agency might be in order. Make sure it is impossible for anyone to ever say you were complicit in hiding or helping inappropriately. Once the info is out there, you've done all you can do.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Forum Member

myself along with other members feel he should be suspended until he is found guilty
    Isn't this the country of "Innocent until proven guilty"?

You are out to hang this guy. Plain and simple.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess my question is. Did he ever claim to be a police officer? Sounds to me he sees a car parked in his neighborhood with two people sitting in it. He just wanted to find out what they were doing. If they were up to no good, perhaps the flash of the lights and the carrying of a radio would tell them they were being watched and maybe they should take their business elsewhere?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Cool

Wow!!!! OK then?? I'm not out to get this guy #1!! I myself have no problems with him,He has made some very bad decisions and this is not the first time that he has tried to act like the police,another time he was scanning the Sheriffs band and they were looking for a car in the county,he came across this car followed it and called into the county of it's location,as he was following it the car in question crashed,"no injuries" RED LIGHTS turned on again after the car crashed EMS Chief gets out of his car to access the situation and asked the driver for his ID.....EMS chief is not a police officer he's more like a wanna be. These are two situations that i know about i'm sure there are others that nobody knows about.EMS chiefs action will some day catch up to the department and land us in a Huge law suite!!SO? am i out to hang this guy? NO! He is hanging himself by putting his nose were it doesn't belong.I only want to see some action taken on him by the department,"suspension" until his court date.Then if found guilty remove him from the department!I don't think you or anybody else would want this going on in your department.IMAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricHoser View Post
    Is it in the news already?

Assuming the story is complete from what you are writing.....

Make sure people (public) know what is going on. A letter to the editor or phone call to the local news agency might be in order. Make sure it is impossible for anyone to ever say you were complicit in hiding or helping inappropriately. Once the info is out there, you've done all you can do.
    Yes it has been in the local police beat.His court date was last night and he was given another court date,don't know the full story behind that.

Thread Information