MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Winter Storm Warning - Dc And Region

As many may be aware, we are under a winter storm warning for this weekend (going to make incident sims JUST LOVELY ) and this is the current news about that....

WASHINGTON -- There are 11 shopping days left before Christmas, but shoppers may end up losing two of them because of the winter storm predicted for the weekend.

With less than two weeks until Christmas, shoppers are out in full force. Despite worries about the economy, business reportedly has been brisk at Tysons Corner Center.

"I'll postpone shopping until next week until the roads clear up," Katie Nelson. "I'm from the south and I don't drive in snow like that. I'd rather stay at home."

Shoppers are not looking forward to losing one of the only two weekends left for gift buying. Some say the possible combination of snow and ice will keep them at home.

"We will not go out if the weather is lousy," said Hal Hindman. "We will just stay at home and shop online if we have to."

Getting to the mall this weekend could be slick and treacherous for drivers, but mall officials said the doors will be open if shoppers brave the journey.

For some shoppers, the weather won't matter. They plan to get in their holiday shopping this weekend regardless.

"I'm not afraid of the snow," B.J. Shorak said. "And I'm smart, a good driver. And it won't stop me." {Errrr.. ya ok.....??? just watch out for the other 45million idiots out there! HEHEEHHEE}

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Ah...Another benefit to being DONE (and wrapped, shipped, everything else). However, I do have to make the trip to Columbia (MD) tomorrow to have my car serviced before I make the (hopefully) 5 hour drive to Long Island next Sunday...So, while there, a stop at the mall is needed for some retail therapy of the birthday kind.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianeC View Post
    Ah...Another benefit to being DONE (and wrapped, shipped, everything else). However, I do have to make the trip to Columbia (MD) tomorrow to have my car serviced before I make the (hopefully) 5 hour drive to Long Island next Sunday...So, while there, a stop at the mall is needed for some retail therapy of the birthday kind.
    Happy almost-birthday!

Forum Member

Christmas? Are we still allowed to call it that? Cool!!
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Christmas? Are we still allowed to call it that? Cool!!
    In here, at least, we can, and we DO!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    In here, at least, we can, and we DO!
    Yeah, but there's at least 9 in congress who would like to see something different!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Dec...ocrats,00.html

Forum Member

We're going to get thumped by one here in Ontario Saturday and Sunday as well. I think this storm you guys are getting is going to be the one hitting Maritimes as well. I leave one stormy province and head to another one tuesday.

Enjoy Rick.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Post Rick!!........................ .......

Calm Down man........... Downtown Vienna will only get Rain........ NO SNOW FOR YOU!!.........

Current indications (12:01 Saturday 12-15) are that the warmer air off the Atlantic will come inland for about a 125 mile swath along the Coast. Snow will remain back over the mountains in VA, W.VA, MD, PA, and NY.

Diane, your trip will be all in the rain. OH, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and watch out for the Yuppies in Columbia. They don't call it Howeird County for nothing.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Diane, your trip will be all in the rain. OH, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and watch out for the Yuppies in Columbia. They don't call it Howeird County for nothing.....
    Yeah, and they like their poinsettia tree, dang it (heck, even Marc Fisher at the Post wrote about it this week)! LOL...Anyway, the mall beats Arundel Mills...Esp. the clientele...

Birthday's actually Thursday (yes, five days before Christmas!), but thanks for the early wishes!

I hope by next weekend, the forecast is not rain (well, I suppose snow would be 100 times worse)...Bummer nonetheless. That drive is annoying on a "normal" day.

(Wow, who knew one was limited to 6 "images"! I had to delete two!)
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Arundel Mills................

We do Arundel Mills pretty regularly. But, that's because my oldest daughter is a Bass Pro Shops Junkie...........
    (But then, we're self described Rednecks anyway.... )
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Well you were 1/2 right Harve. We got the proscribed rain this morning, but noth'n else. Thankfully. Would have made for a very nasty day of incident sims. Although I notice the wind has come up since we got done. Hmmmm.....

Thread Information