Thread: online sites

Forum Member

Default online sites

what are some good sites that tell you whose hiring. im really thinking of moving out west but want to know whose hiring and when. i just heard of one and cant find it and cant remember what it was.

Permanently Removed

www.firerecruit.com
    www.firecareers.com

Spend the beer money, get a career of a lifetime.

MembersZone Subscriber

I like firecareers.com a lot. It even has POC and volly jobs if that's what you are looking for. It's also pretty cheap. Ithink something like $7/month.

I used to use firejobs.net, but they had far less jobs available and were about $15/month.

Forum Member

Default Don't Move Yet!

Shall I move my family to the area I want to test for?

Do yourself and your family a big favor. Donít even think about moving until you get the invitation in writing that you have the job. Never move away from family, friends, support and established connections thinking that will improve your chances of getting a badge.

This is not the first time I've seen this question. A candidate is invited to the chiefís oral. He just knows they want him. He gives notice at his job, his apartment and finds a new apartment for the city he is being considered for. He starts packing. After the chiefís interview he is notified to complete the medical, given the date for the academy, uniform fitting and then the psych. He flies down to complete these items in two days. He goes by with his wife to check on the new apartment, flies home and waits for the mover to show up the next day.

Donít touch that dial. There is something wrong with the psych interview. It comes back inconclusive. They want him to retake the psych. But the movers are on their way. I can taste that badge. I know they want me.

A medic candidate moved his family from southern California to Seattle, so he could be in position for the next test. Although he made the list, he was going to have to wait until they got down to him. In the mean time the pressures built up at home, he lost his house in California to foreclosure, and got in a heated argument with his wife. The police arrived and arrested him for domestic violence. This at a time when he was in background for the next academy. Everything came to a full halt.

Fortunately, in the state of Washington, if you complete the counseling and probation program and itís your first offense, you can appeal the court to remove the charge. Now a year later, this has been done. The Seattle list he was on expired. Now itís back to square one.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

firerecruit.com is great, it really helped me get a job and I tested for a bunch of places all of which I found on their site. It's like $5 a month and is updated daily. Very cheap for the information it provides.

Thread Information