Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Scott Scba

Got a quote today for 4 scbas plus spare bottles for our RIT and needless to say I was extremely disappointed. We have been dedicated ISI users for many years. We've done business with this equipment dealer for years. Apparently they no longer want our business since the quotes weren't even close to the $5000 we have to spend. Guess it's time for a change.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Scott in NJ

Recent NJ State Contract quote for Scott Air Pak 75 was $5,225 plus $801 for spare bottle. Total of $6,026 - YIKES!!! I know we will do better than state contract, but COME ON Scott, get real in NJ.
    NCVFC17

Just do what we did...we have always been traditionally Scott....their quote was way high....over $6000 per pack...we just couldn't afford the difference over the grant. We requested MSA to do a presentation as well and offer a quote. Well...their quote was good...only about $5400....so, we went back to Scott and actually had to go over the head of our regional rep to his company boss to get a better quote...they came down to something like $5100. In the meantime, MSA still wanted our business...and they came back with a bid under the $5000 and threw in 2 Rit connections for free. In the end, after the bidding war was over...our guys actually liked the MSA and their Rep much better than Scott...so we just ordered the MSA last week.
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

I can't stand that "oh well we'll keep going lower until we win" stuff.

If they could offer it to you under $5,000 in the end, why not in the beginning?!

Forum Member

Got word from Draeger today that all NIOSH, all CBRN and all NFPA testing of the new Draeger PSS7000 SCBA have been successfully completed and they are on schedule for delivery. They can't officially say that though, and they are waiting for the paperwork. Paperwork said to be in hand in 1-3 weeks.

Forum Member

I hope thats not an April Fools joke from Drager

Forum Member

we are currently in talks with both MSA & SCOTT. Our Scott vendor NJ Fire Equiptment did the right thing and gave us a solid offer. We have been a Scott department for many years. MSA came in with a solid presentation for the new M7 Firehawks. We are going to use both side by side in a live burn to help make our choice. I was impressed that Scott came in on the first attempt with a state contract price below the 5K mark.

Forum Member

I would give Draeger a shot. You will read a lot of negative opinions here about Draeger, but in our evaluations, they came out on top. Let me know if you want contact information. Surprised about NJ Fire Equipment. They were way over that price when they did our bid. Probably would have never looked at changing if their bid was where yours was at, and we were forced to look at other manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Poliseno View Post
    we are currently in talks with both MSA & SCOTT. Our Scott vendor NJ Fire Equiptment did the right thing and gave us a solid offer. We have been a Scott department for many years. MSA came in with a solid presentation for the new M7 Firehawks. We are going to use both side by side in a live burn to help make our choice. I was impressed that Scott came in on the first attempt with a state contract price below the 5K mark.

Thread Information