Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default CDC courses for DOD certs

Hi:

In regards to the CDC computer based test, are the CDC Challenge Review questions at the end of the module and the Jeapordy game at the very end helpful study guides? Basically, will I see the same questions?

Thanks from someone who has not done the CDC in a long time,

Kev

Forum Member

I can't tell you for all of them, but, while the questions were similar in the Inspector 1, they were not quite the same. But it does help you with studying, at least it did for me.

Forum Member

In regards to your question, If you do the Jeopardy (pumper stumper, inspector corrector or whatevever its called-lol) till you basically max out the scores, have the questions memorized and its no fun anymore and your blue in the face....you'll breeze through the test...our TC requires us to get an 80 on a pretest in order to go take the actual test at the ED. building.....I have never scored less than a 93 on any test ive taken. Now with that said....the courses I took on the CD's were the following, all of my ones, (officer, inspector, instructor) and my drivers, (ARFF, Pumper). The new system is/will soon be online....so I dont know about that yet.....the rest of my test, all my hazmat through IC, my other drivers, and my Two's-officer, inspector, instructor...were done the good old fashion book way...Also this doesnt substitute for your practicals....that takes time and work also...SO, for an easyily passed test....it helps some....but its a small part of the course...GOOD LUCK !!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    Hi:

In regards to the CDC computer based test, are the CDC Challenge Review questions at the end of the module and the Jeapordy game at the very end helpful study guides? Basically, will I see the same questions?

Kev

cant be doing any test compromise on the net~~ not too smart.. it would be a better Idea to ask one of the guys at work..

basically, if you pass the Mutimedia, and then pass the practice cert test you will do fine... remember all you need to pass a EOC is a 65..

which CDC are you doing right now?

MembersZone Subscriber

Shift-You are so right. Test compromise is a big deal.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AFFDSUCKS View Post
    Shift-You are so right. Test compromise is a big deal.
    I KNOW!!! remember little jimmie, straight to Prison for telling people about a test... damn AF-OSI, they are soo sneaky...

SKULLETS ROCK!

MembersZone Subscriber

xxxshiftxxx and arff42,

Even if you ask someone at work what's on the CDC and they tell you, it's considered test compromise. Oh, don't share your CDC multiedia disk as well. CDC's are to be a controlled item, just like your PFE study material. Remember ďBig BrotherĒ is watching and listening to you everywhere you go. All it takes is one time where someone hears you asking and the red flags are thrown. Itís not something you want to be known for; compromising a CDC, resulting in everyone thatís enrolled to have to wait for the new test to be generated and you sitting before the Chief or Commander explaining why you wanted to buck the system. Basically, if you study and retain the information, youíll have no problem passing the EOC.

Forum Member

Thanks for the replies.

I just wanted to know if studying the review questions would help with passing the test. I was not in any way trying to get the actual test questions.

Thanks again for the help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

In my experience...old school Chanute...it would be a very good idea to study the review questions at the end of the CDC volumes. When I did the CDCs, I would highlight the answers to the end of chapter questions in yellow, and the volume review exercises in blue. About 60% or so of the answers that ended up green were on the end of course exam.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default reply to cdc question

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    Hi:

Kev
    For your info they are helpful study material...

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Test's in the AF?

OK, I'm confused. Granted us Navy types are sometimes a bit slower that you fly boys, but from what I gathered, AF test study material is restricted to each user and you guys can't get together and hold group training for an exam? Can someone clear that up?

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Study Material

straytrons....

That's correct. When an individual is enrolled in a particular CDC, they are obligated to protect that material at all times. Further they are expected to know the material on their own without any outside assistance other than obtaining a reference here or there. Think of it as being proctored during a test; you can't ask for the answer of a question, only clarification to a word or phrase. How can one be properly evaluated on their abilities if they cheat on an exam? Do you want a driver of an apparatus or a firefighter inside a burning building with you knowing they cheated just to get a cert?

The reason for controlling test material is that should "Joe Firefighter" who is not enrolled in a particular CDC, somehow obtain the information, study his little heart out say over a two week period pass the CERT Test and End of Course exams with a high score, it might raise a red flag. Most CDC's are expected to be completed within three months to a year depending on your training division and the CDC. AFCESA for the Air Force clearly states that all CDC's are controlled items to include the multimedia courses either online or on CD. Further they state that test compromise in any fashion is punishable under the UCMJ.

Now take that same information you have enrolled in and study it for promotion testing; that's all find and well as long as you are the only one studying it. It is illegal (in violation of the UCMJ) to "Group Study" using CDC or other material identified as reference materials for promotion. Again, this is where test compromise comes into play. Individuals are not even permitted to say what they saw on the promotion test once they completed it and left the testing center. Should a test compromise occur; which has in the past, the entire test bank has to be removed, an investigation launched, new questions generated, and most likely the individual cheating or compromising the test will be punished. It's not worth losing your career over a test that if you simply put your nose to the books you could easily have passed.
    Last edited by kferrara2002; 02-06-2008 at 06:31 PM.

Forum Member

Does any buddy have a link to all the online CDC's? Im from the Army side of the house. They keep telling us they are online and we need to go do them but nobody seems to know the website they are on. Any ideas?

Forum Member

The CDC's are located here: https://au.csd.disa.mil/kc/login/login.asp

MembersZone Subscriber

Everyone,

The link E2L1R6 provided takes you to the Air Univeristy web site. You have to have a login to access the site; however if you do not have a login, you can create one there. Unfortunately after you go through the steps to create a login, you have to validate the course you want to take by clicking the CDSAR link. If you have not been enrolled in a DoD CDC through CDSAR, the site will not allow you to take the online course nor will it allow you to download the material.

Basically, non-DoD personnel are not authorized to take a DoD CDC. Although I like the idea of being able to take a CDC online at work and at home, there are some "bugs" that need worked out with this new updated process.
    Last edited by kferrara2002; 04-07-2008 at 06:28 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I too am on the Army side of the house and I just recently registered with the Air University site in the hopes of taking some of these CDC's. However, some of the classes list practical exercises in their descriptions. Are these live practicals? And where would they be hosted if they indeed do have practicals to take along side the exams?

Forum Member

Time out.
    The CDC's aren't going to do you any good if you are not enrolled in them through AFCESA/CDSAR or you field training manager. That is the only way you will be able to EOC and be certified on them when you are finished.
    Yes, there are live practicals after you EOC and pass the CDC (and after you complete the online courseware) you have to announce the practical dates to AFCESA 10 days out from when you will take them, your training manager usually takes care of this at www.dodffcert.com
    you will need to print out the practical guidesheet located in the CDC in the options menu.
    There have been a lot of problems with the air university CDC's not letting people finish some modules, your training guy can get a CD-rom copy of the online cdc's shipped to them from AFCESA if they ask.. but after glancing over your guy's post i don't think you are getting the process right.. you need to be enrolled in the Course and have that annotated before you can test and receive the certification, you need to go through you A/C of Training to make that happen.. if you have any more questions about the process just ask.
    -pete

MembersZone Subscriber

I thought I mentioned that if you are not enrolled in CDSAR you cannot take the CDC's through the Air University web site.

Anyway, regarding the Air University site, as a training manager myself, I have been bombarded with several firefighters coming into my office stating that the site is either down or the CDC's are unavailable. In the fine print on the web site it states that the web based CDC's are on a first come first serve basis. That means that if the on line course is full, which currently the Mobile Water Supply course is, that particular student is unable to open their CDC and begin the course. Unfortunately, that means they are running against the clock in terms of time limits on the CDC.

Each CDC has a one (1) year time limit to complete. You have to EOC before that one year expires. You can take up to 5 years to complete your practical from the EOC completion date.

Also as previously mentioned in this thread, the on line CDC's are experiencing IT issues; i.e. modules unable to be completed, data not saved, courses not running smoothly, courses not opening correctly, etc . AFCESA is aware of most of the issues and is currently working them.

Peterbound...Unfortunately you are incorrect in stating that if the on line (web based) course is acting up, you can order the CD-Rom version. According to MILPds and CDSAR, if there is a version of the CDC out there that is web based, the multimedia has been dissolved meaning it is no longer used. Watch your CDC enrollments; the course number will end with either a M or multimedia or W for web base.

With that being said, if the student was enrolled in a multimedia course and it has since switched to the web based version and that student has not EOC'd, he or she is still able to take the multimedia EOC.

Forum Member

This a classic example of how the left hand and right hand are not in coordination. The Goddamn Air Force is the supposed "proponent" agency and yet, doesn't put ANY information out to the other branches. They make these screwed up rules and hoops that you have to jump through, but never give a second thought to actually disseminating this information through any normal channels. They are true belivers in hoarding knowledge as power. You boys are awesome.
    "Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

Does your Army unit not have a training chief? That person should be in the know of this process. Best of luck!

-Damien

Thread Information