Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: backdraft movie

I like the scene in the Towerning Inferno where two fire officers are watching two fire balls fall down an elevator shaft and one looks at the other with all the emotion one might have after making out a shopping list says, "those are two of ours."
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

I've heard that John Travolta has been to a couple of Lewisville's stations prior to making the film and even called a couple of Lewisville's firefighter's up to get advice on what to do in the film... but thats what I've heard...

Lewisville, Texas...

anyone seen 15 minutes with Robert De Niro? Its supposed to deal something with arsonists I think..
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

15 Minutes does deal with an arsonist. Not really a fire film though....police film...
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFYagour88 View Post
    whats this movie ablaze i have never heard of it are there any newer firefighting movie out?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_firefighting_films
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

There's a few firefighters that show ball$ and pride in their posts here. I wouldn't mind buying drinks for you guys. If ever in KC, look me up. Drinks are on me. I'm sure you know who you are, have some pride.

Last edited by jerrygarcia; 01-03-2008 at 02:53 AM.
    Thread Killer Extraordinaire!

You will not kill this thread.

It is alive.

Alive I say.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Not a firefighting movie but I recently saw"The Guardian"where Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher are playing like they're in the Coast Guard.
    It seemed to take a few scenes from "Top Gun" like where Kutcher was asking if the guy who had all them records was still alive and they'd best tell him they were about to be broken.
    I think the funniest scene had to have been paid for by Bruce Willis where Costner uses his foot on his face to push Kutcher back into the pool for more "training".
    The dumbest scene came when Kutcher was being lowered through masts and rigging to save a fishing boat crew.
    The most I know about Alaskan fishing and helo rescues comes from watching Discovery Channel but I doubt any helo pilot would find it necessary to lower his rescue swimmer through entanglement hazards like that.Find a clear spot of deck there,Ell-Tee!
    Then,when Kutcher and Costner were getting off the boat and they're climbing across netting with all their gear just ready to get caught up in it.
    I was thinking that I always hated getting tangled up in search training sessions,and I sure wouldn't want to get hung up on a sinking boat that way.
    It wasn't a bad movie.Besides,it was only the first instance I've seen where Ashton Kutcher wasn't being "Kelso" like he did in "Texas Rangers".

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Not a firefighting movie but I recently saw"The Guardian"where Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher are playing like they're in the Coast Guard.
    It seemed to take a few scenes from "Top Gun" like where Kutcher was asking if the guy who had all them records was still alive and they'd best tell him they were about to be broken.
    I think the funniest scene had to have been paid for by Bruce Willis where Costner uses his foot on his face to push Kutcher back into the pool for more "training".
    The dumbest scene came when Kutcher was being lowered through masts and rigging to save a fishing boat crew.
    The most I know about Alaskan fishing and helo rescues comes from watching Discovery Channel but I doubt any helo pilot would find it necessary to lower his rescue swimmer through entanglement hazards like that.Find a clear spot of deck there,Ell-Tee!
    Then,when Kutcher and Costner were getting off the boat and they're climbing across netting with all their gear just ready to get caught up in it.
    I was thinking that I always hated getting tangled up in search training sessions,and I sure wouldn't want to get hung up on a sinking boat that way.
    It wasn't a bad movie.Besides,it was only the first instance I've seen where Ashton Kutcher wasn't being "Kelso" like he did in "Texas Rangers".
    nice movie,in France ,the title was:coast guard,so i thought it was the same title in the USA.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Forum Member
    East of the Pecos...South of North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post

Actually, the movie stunk. Maybe two minutes of helicopter rotors spinning was good. Even the bar scene was lame. ( a good bar brawl can save any movie )

Secondly...How much of a stud can you be with a name like 'Ashton'?

\

Forum Member

I can't stand Kevin Costner. Possibly the biggest pant load in hollywood next to Tom Cruise and K????? Reeves (by the way, are those two dating yet? It's only a matter of time before they both come out of the closet). Does anybody buy Costner in any role he plays?!?
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF View Post
    I can't stand Kevin Costner. Possibly the biggest pant load in hollywood next to Tom Cruise and K????? Reeves (by the way, are those two dating yet? It's only a matter of time before they both come out of the closet). Does anybody buy Costner in any role he plays?!?
    Tom Cruise ruined my life. I was in love with Katie Holmes until Napolean over there with his scientology took her away from me.

I liked Kevin Costner in the baseball movie, For Love of the Game. Thats about it.

Nice deflection of the reality of the thread though Chicago. Backdraft was the apex in the city of Chicago's existence. I would be defensive too.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 01-04-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF View Post
    i like KCostner,great guy,good looking but firefighters are more sexy.....lol.
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfireball View Post
    i like KCostner,great guy,good looking but firefighters are more sexy.....lol.
    I'll second you on that one French!!! There's just something hot (sorry about the pun) about male firefighters....... Even some of the worst actors look good when portraying a ff.

Thread Information