Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ALF - Delivery

Default ALF - Delivery

Has ALF gotten any better with delivering apparatus on time in 2007?

MembersZone Subscriber

No, no, and no.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

Closing the plant for a month isn't going to help them catch up either.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    You wouldn't normally think so. Do they use some version of a moving assembly line? If they do and they're having congestion or logjams moving stuff through, and shutting down to reorganize the work flow will smooth things out, maybe in the long run it would. It doesn't affect us, but it will be interesting to watch anyway.

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    You wouldn't normally think so. Do they use some version of a moving assembly line? If they do and they're having congestion or logjams moving stuff through, and shutting down to reorganize the work flow will smooth things out, maybe in the long run it would. It doesn't affect us, but it will be interesting to watch anyway.

Stay safe out there, everyone goes home!
    When our rig was run thru the old plant they had cabs in one area, bodies in another and chassis coming into the plant. they did have several paint stations and a seperate paint booth if QC caught something. It looked smooth to me but its a whole new ball of wax I suppose at the new plant.
    Forrest Gregg
    Chief
    Holtville/Slapout
    Fire & Rescue Inc.
    District 10 Director
    AAVFD
    IAFC
    www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org

Default The real question is....

Can anyone give an example of a new truck that went way past the scheduled delivery date, how ALF responded and what's the current status....our's is pending....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    Isn't it only the Chassis plant on the extended furlough? I know Ephrata shuts down for 2 weeks around the holidays, or they did when they built our truck. But, if Ephrata, the FL plant and hamburg keep working they might catch up?

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bailee View Post
    Can anyone give an example of a new truck that went way past the scheduled delivery date, how ALF responded and what's the current status....our's is pending....
    Call Augusta County, Virginia (Station 10) and ask about the ALF heavy rescue they have on order.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Our truck was very late... We ended up getting almost 40k off of it and they supplied the labor and supplies to mount all of our tools on our truck. All in all to make a long story short we have a expensive show truck because it spends alot of its time in a shop.

Our truck was very late... We ended up getting almost 40k off of it and they supplied the labor and supplies to mount all of our tools on our truck. All in all to make a long story short we have a expensive show truck because it spends alot of its time in a shop. Right now we have a serious electrical issue with the truck.

Forum Member

Question Alf Delivery

dday05, I noticed you profile dosen't list you Department affiliation, I was looking so I may find out what problems you are having.

Cannot reveal name, location, etc., because of current litigation with ALF

You can PM me if you would like to.

Forum Member

Wink Looking At Pumper And Quint Alf Included

We are still looikng at several new truck options, pumper/quint pumper or pumper rescue, we are speaking with Alf, Pierce,Rosenbauer and Crimson. We checked around at locations given to us as references, no problems with construction of Alf, 435-450 day deliveries, everyone else 270-300.Also heard from two of the other manufactures yesterday that Crimson/Spartan may be taking over the LTI facility, Alf is not doing well and Jim Salmi could use that facility for his expansion. ALf may be our second or third choice.

Forum Member

Default ALF selling LTI?????

Thats absurd!

There is NO way they are going to do that. We (Arizona) have deliveries of new ALF aerials almost every month. Los Angeles is buying them on contract. Its one of the bright spots of the company.

Later

Forum Member

Default Gilamonster

I have to agree with you -do not think that ALF will do that. I also beleive that their delivery problems will go away pretty rapidly in the first quarter of '08 as the new president gets things turned around. The new year is going to be VERY interesting in the apparatus industry!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRAFTMASTER30 View Post
    Also heard from two of the other manufactures yesterday that Crimson/Spartan may be taking over the LTI facility, Alf is not doing well and Jim Salmi could use that facility for his expansion. ALf may be our second or third choice.

Don't believe everything you hear. Bill Hinz is doing some amazing things down in SC. Sandinmyboots has it right, '08 is going to be very interesting.

Thread Information