Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I'm still dissatisfied with the Easter answers. While Christmas can be said to have been placed on the same day as a prominant pagan holiday, for easter all I get is some vague "Well lots of pagans had spring rituals." Now I'll have to go look up why it is such a specific date. You have all failed me and forced me to do my own work. I'm very disappointed in you all. Espcially you noz.....
    Since Easter is a movable holiday, it wont have a specific date like Christmas. The prinicpal of Easter is very sound. You are honoring Christ's death like he said to via the scriptures. But, the easter eggs and bunny rabbits? What has that to do with Christ's death?

Also, the name itself is a problem. As I posted earlier, Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe. Similarly, the "Teutonic dawn goddess of fertility [was] known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostre, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos." 1 Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime.

Now, I dont want you to work too hard ChicagoFF. I did your homework for ya

Now, ship me a pizza!
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    The prinicpal of Easter is very sound. You are honoring Christ's death like he said to via the scriptures.
    It's actually honoring his resurrection.

Since Easter is a movable holiday, it wont have a specific date like Christmas. The prinicpal of Easter is very sound. You are honoring Christ's death like he said to via the scriptures. But, the easter eggs and bunny rabbits? What has that to do with Christ's death?

Also, the name itself is a problem. As I posted earlier, Easter was named after Eostre (a.k.a. Eastre). She was the Great Mother Goddess of the Saxon people in Northern Europe.
    You mean Easter wasn't Peter Cottontail's mother? I'd kick my mom's butt if she were still alive.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

It's actually honoring his resurrection.
    oopppss.. yeah i'm retarded

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Forum Member

Now, I dont want you to work too hard ChicagoFF. I did your homework for ya

Now, ship me a pizza!
    For that???? Maybe a slice....
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

why you no good cheap son of a......

i'll trade u a reed for a pizza?

hahahhaha

I'm very disappointed in you all. Espcially you noz.....
    Heh..sorry. Busy day. I'm tempering my responses anyhow...wouldn't want the "Webteam" to ban me for "incessant arguing" again, as if anything else ever goes on here! Besides, it already looks as if a couple of sacred cows are attacking each other already.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Just to get back to basics, Can anyone tell me just what Kwanzaa is or is supposed to celebrate?

Just to get back to basics, Can anyone tell me just what Kwanzaa is or is supposed to celebrate?
    Go here. Simply type k-w-a-n-z-a-a in the little box, and click "Google Search." It's amazing...like magic.

Thread Information