Forum Member

Default Chicago Squad Companys

Does anyone know the location (address, street with cross street) of the three squad companys in Chicago? I'm going on vacation in a couple of months and would like to visit one of these stations. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cfi268 View Post
    Does anyone know the location (address, street with cross street) of the three squad companys in Chicago? I'm going on vacation in a couple of months and would like to visit one of these stations. Thanks
    There are actually 4 squads here. Squad 1 is downtown at Engine 42's house, Illinois and Dearborn. That would be the easiest to visit without a car. Squad 2 is at Engine 91's house at Diversey and Pulaski (2800 north and 4000 west, 8 blocks to a mile) The south side is a mystery to me, but I think Squad 5 is at Engine 116's house, and Squad 7 is at O'Hare airport. If you need specific addresses on those let me know and I'll find them. If you are flying in to O'Hare I think you could almost walk to Squad 7's house.

P.S. When you visit make sure you tell them that you'd rather have your sister in a whorehouse than your brother on a squad. They like that.
    Last edited by ChicagoFF; 12-30-2007 at 11:23 AM.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

This site lists all the CFD equipment and locations.

http://www.5-11club.org/5-11_Club/info/roster.html

Forum Member

Talking

P.S. When you visit make sure you tell them that you'd rather have your sister in a whorehouse than your brother on a squad. They like that. [/QUOTE]

I bet they really love that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF View Post
    P.S. When you visit make sure you tell them that you'd rather have your sister in a whorehouse than your brother on a squad. They like that.
    That is hysterical. I busted my gut laughing at that one. Hope you don't mind if I use it.

Forum Member

Wink

ChicagoFF,

Does this mean you work on the North side? There goes all your credibility. First we find out you're an Engine Dick and now this! I feel dirty just answering you. Just kidding , stay safe and for god's sake put in for a transfer unless you're on the west side!

Forum Member

Now thatís funny. Thanks, I actually chuckled out load.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are actually 4 squads here. Squad 1 is downtown at Engine 42's house, Illinois and Dearborn. That would be the easiest to visit without a car. Squad 2 is at Engine 91's house at Diversey and Pulaski (2800 north and 4000 west, 8 blocks to a mile) The south side is a mystery to me, but I think Squad 5 is at Engine 116's house, and Squad 7 is at O'Hare airport. If you need specific addresses on those let me know and I'll find them. If you are flying in to O'Hare I think you could almost walk to Squad 7's house.

When I visited about 5 years ago, I believe that Squad 1 was in quarters with Engine 13 ? I visited that station along with Engine 42's house - nice guys all around who were more than happy to spend some time chatting.

Forum Member

Thanks for info guys!

Forum Member

I did just that this past Sept when I was at Squad 1. The guy laughed and then asked who I had spoken to that worked for CFD. It was a nice ice breaker, that and I bought an Iron Ring t-shirt from the ladder company there.

Forum Member

i went by and saw 42's house in 06 and sq 1 was there. Cool station!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSquirrel View Post
    When I visited about 5 years ago, I believe that Squad 1 was in quarters with Engine 13 ? I visited that station along with Engine 42's house - nice guys all around who were more than happy to spend some time chatting.
    Yes, they were at 13's house, but I think they moved out to make room for a new truck, truck 6, I think. But yes they were at 13.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

MembersZone Subscriber

whatever squad is downtown...when I went back... 06 I believe, one of the guy's traded a shirt with me.

When I found out he was on the squad, I quickly found a lighter and burned it in front of him...

the second part is un-true... I think...

I'm sure that ChicagoFF would help me burn it though
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

As of lasat year I belive squad 1 is running their reserve snorkle, because 1A was involved in an accident on the 290

Thread Information