MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need help with center console ideas

we are about to recieve our new rescuetruck. The only thing left isthe center console to be built. This is to bedone by our local dealer. The truck in an International crew cab. I am looking for ideas on the center console. It willneedto have space to mount two radios, the siren boxand arrowstick controller. I also would like to mount boxlight chargers and possibly a bank of radios.

I am asking if anybody has any type of center console pic, please post it so i can get some moreideasto work from.

thanks

Forum Member

Default Jotto Desk

Try to see if a Jotto Desk brand will work. They are very sturdy and flexible. I don't have pictures handy, but they have mounting configurations for most everything.

You in-house people should be able to do the installation.

I recommend you avoid a wooden product. I have not seen one yet that looked good after extended use.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Here's the console from our rescue truck, built about two years ago. Body of console is built with diamond plate, the top is fabricated from sheet aluminum, painted to match the truck interior. Top is also hinged to access the wiring for radios, sirens, etc.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Default use havis shields

Quote Originally Posted by cctrtlt2 View Post
    we are about to recieve our new rescuetruck. The only thing left isthe center console to be built. This is to bedone by our local dealer. The truck in an International crew cab. I am looking for ideas on the center console. It willneedto have space to mount two radios, the siren boxand arrowstick controller. I also would like to mount boxlight chargers and possibly a bank of radios.

I am asking if anybody has any type of center console pic, please post it so i can get some moreideasto work from.

thanks
    i would recomend havis shields. they may have a vehicle specific unit for navistar. the nice thing about them is they have radio specific brackets and faceplates for what you might use.

i have a question though? where are the emergency switches now?

Forum Member

We had a nice dealer made and installed console in our 06 international.
    Works great, The only thing is we had it made out of brite tread plate.
    It looks really good, just a bit blinging with sun reflection.

Forum Member

Do you have any type of personnel cab on this or just a 2 door IH? I would try to put the radio bank and box lights elswhere to avoid "junking up" the cab. Also, don't forget a place in the console to store mapbooks, pre-plans, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

First off, I apologize for the quality of these photos. If this is something you think you like the look of, let me know and I'll take better photos while at the station and e-mail them.

This configuration won't work if you don't have a 4-door IH, with two seperate seats for the driver and officer (i.e. not a bench).

We have in our console the lighting controls, switch for the PTO pump, generator switch as well as lighting. There is a control for the electronic siren, a single radio head, arrowstick control, water tank level gauge, compartment or door open light, master discharge gauge for the pump and roll, and an intercom system control. The photos don't show the intercom which was installed much later, and the radio head was installed by the radio hacks. Also buried in the console is a bunch of relays and the Kussmaul. There's also a handheld spotlight on the thing and a map pocket hanging off the front of the console tight to the dash, but not quite as wide as the entire console to allow room for the tranny selector pad.

Just past the two seat backs, the console rises up substantially, giving us a place to stow an EMS bag, a mounting shelf for three Steamlight Vulcan lights, and a shelf on top for mounting of the battery charger for our radios. Normally, the radios are located near the seats and we stow spares in the charger. I know, the batteries aren't tied down, so lecture me later on cab safety. Its an issue we're working on. Mounted on the front wall of this "rise" is another Vulcan charger mount for the officer's light and a Bullard charging base for our TI.

The photos attached are just after delivery, so I'll take updated photos if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Default Havis Console

See if this meets your needs - http://www.havis.com/News_Updates/C-D-SERIES-NPR.html.

FYI - I work for Havis-Shields.

Cameron

Thread Information