Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Charlotte Fire Department 2008

I know its early to be starting a new thread for this...but I figure why not?

Registration for the Charlotte Fire Department Written Exam starts at 0800 January 7, 2008. Registration ends at 1700 on February 4. Test date is February 16 2008 at the Charlotte Convention Center.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any word on how many they might be hiring off the next test? I know last year they were looking to fill two recruit classes (40-60 candidates). Is there any word out there for the 2008 exam?

MembersZone Subscriber

They did hire enough recruits for 2 recruit classes off of the 2007 hiring process, which would be in the 50-60 area. I have also heard, unofficially, that for next year they MAY be hiring recruits to fill 3 recruit classes.

Forum Member

Default Charlotte

How many times per year are they typically testing now a days? I can't make the Feb. date so should I plan on there being another testing date in 2008?

MembersZone Subscriber

Even, I know in previous years the website has always stated "this is the only test for 200X", I didn't see that this year. Check the registration card you got in the mail, if you got one, that may say. Don't hold me too it, but I think they only test once a year.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm pretty sure I saw something that said that this is the only exam slated for 2008. I dont know why they would test multiple times per year...when you have 1200 individuals starting out with the written test, I'm sure they could hire all they needed.

MembersZone Subscriber

It says on the comfirmation email that this will be the only test for 2008 Im gettin kinda nervous !

MembersZone Subscriber

It's not that bad. The listening part is the hardest part...its gets confusing towards the end. After that, the rest of the test is pretty easy.

Last year, I counted 1200 at the written test

Approximately 500 at the CPAT

150 at the first interviews, 50 candidates for each of the 3 classes.

Classes are around 20-25 recruits.

Forum Member

i heard that the first class in jan had 17

Forum Member

on the website for charlotte fire it says in the FAQ section that to better your chances you should have some previous fire knowledge and education beyond high school. I thought they would hire people with very limited fire knowledge; does charlotte really consider people more for meeting this suggestion?

MembersZone Subscriber

Education is a huge factor. I'd highly suggest you start a degree program; its required for promotion to Captain anyways.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile One down...

How did you all do on the test?

This was my third time taking it, and I can tell you, they have used the EXACT SAME TEST all three years. I'm getting tired of listening to that monotone lady in the listening section and staring at the bus crash picture.

I counted about 1300 people there. In reality, there was probably 1100-1200 because every seat was not filled.

Gentlemen (and ladies, if you're out there), one step down, seven to go! Start gearing up for the CPAT!
    Last edited by TED1435; 02-16-2008 at 10:39 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default exactly!

Ted I am with ya! It was the EXACT same. i think i did ok. had two buddies that came in and took it for their first time. Both have mixed feelings about it. well good luck in yet another year to everyone.

Forum Member

I took it today, listening part was annoying but overall I thought it was a really easy test, my friend on Charlotte said the count today was 1556 out of the 2,000 and some that signed up online.

Forum Member

no one else on here took the test? thought more people would have replied by now

Good thing's happening

I took it also..my friend who took the drive with me said he counted 1148 give or take he did some rough math on a napkin =[ . I also feel like I did Good. Less people the better everyone else's shot is to moving on in the process. The one thing I know I will do if I have to take the test again is work on the Mechanical part since I don't know too much about drive shafts and the more teeth less teeth. So I know I think I have no shot this year =[

Rob

MembersZone Subscriber

I think I did ok on the test except for the memory part I have terrible memory and that section killed me ! Not that bad of a test though I thought it was gonna be harder.

Forum Member

Can we expect to get a letter saying better luck next year or do they just contact the ones that passed?

Forum Member

I went up there and stopped by Ladder 13 when they got called to a possible house fire, and I got to ride, it was so much fun. Can we expect a sorry try again letter or do they just leave us hanging?

Forum Member

In the past few hiring processes, how long did it take for CFD to notify you as to whether or not you passed the written test?

MembersZone Subscriber

It takes about a month or two for them to send out the letters. Start gearing up for the CPAT anyways, if you already haven't

MembersZone Subscriber

I felt like I did really good on it. I hope I get call back......Im ready to rock that cpat....

Good Luck to everyone

Forum Member

yea im already getting ready for the cpat. I got on a step mill for the first time yesterday and wow was that an experience. It took me a few mins to get used to it and get in a rhythm. If you haven't been on one before you should definitively find one near you and use it because if you go into the cpat without getting on a step mill before hand you won't like the results. I have big feet and my heels hang off the back of the steps lol

Forum Member

Default rejection letters

Yes, they do send out letters.

MembersZone Subscriber

the last 2 time i took it i passed so i got a congrat's letter. as far as a letter for not passing, i believe they do send you one. usually takes about a month or so. from what i have heard they are looking at doing the CPAT in june or july. took it last year and am still "in the process." not expecting to hear anything good from that one but hopefully this year will be good. As far as ride along's go, they ARE a blast. I have had the oportunity to ride @ 10, 17, and 2. all have been great experiences. all the guys have been really cool and treat you like you are one of them. i recomend doing one for any one who's interested.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information