Forum Member

Default Ordering CDCs w/o a training officer

My departments training officer refuses to do his job. I know, I know... you've probally heard it a million times.

Our question is.... we have folks that are enrolled in CDCs but havn't been allowed to take CERTESTS. The system has either been down OR he won't unlock the test and make a proctor available. Now, Ill tell you first hand... some of these guys DONT need a practice test. They NEED to take a EOC. They're as sharp as it gets. the question is.... can WE contact Maxwell AFB and get a test ordered, thus backdooring the training captain.

Thanks
    JustME

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe1976 View Post
    My departments training officer refuses to do his job. I know, I know... you've probally heard it a million times.

Our question is.... we have folks that are enrolled in CDCs but havn't been allowed to take CERTESTS. The system has either been down OR he won't unlock the test and make a proctor available. Now, Ill tell you first hand... some of these guys DONT need a practice test. They NEED to take a EOC. They're as sharp as it gets. the question is.... can WE contact Maxwell AFB and get a test ordered, thus backdooring the training captain.

Thanks
    JustME
    well.. unfortunately I'm pretty sure most bases have at least a 2 test/over 80% minimum before you can test.. this CYA's the training officer in case you fail so you can't just take your EOC.. i don't know if you are deployed/air force/or what the particulars of you situation are.. but it sounds to me you need to take this up your chain (supe,a/c, deputy, chief) and that you have a valid compliant, also.. you should find out who your UNIT (CE) UTM (unit training manager) is he is usually the one that schedules the EOC's at the local level with Formal Training, he might be able to offer you some assistance (again.. use your chain for this action) .. as a training officer myself i know how hard it is to make everyone happy, all the time (although i think i do a pretty good job of it ) but you need to look out for yourself when it comes to your career and your certs.. so I would say something, but let me stress this.. you NEED to use your chain.. if you have any questions you don't want to post on the board feel free to e mail me at facross@mac.com
    -cheers
    pete

Thread Information