The city of Collinsville, Illinois is now accepting applications to establish Eligibility Hiring registers for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Excellent annual starting salary. Complete medical, life insurance and retirement programs are furnished.

Selection Requirements:
  • Be a US citizen
  • Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Be at least 21 years and less than 35 years of age. Applicants 20 years of age may apply provided they have successfully completed two years of fire-service related studies at an accredited college or university
  • Paramedic certification is mandatory at time of testing.
  • Submit to rigid agility and physical testing, extensive written examination and an in-depth character background check, medical screening and psychological investigation.

To Apply:

Application packets may be obtained at either the Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, or at the Collinsville Fire Department, 130 South Clinton Street, Collinsville.

In order to be considered for Eligibility Testing, applications must be received by mail or in person before 5:00 pm, Friday, January 18, 2008 at either location. Mandatory orientation and written testing will be conducted Friday, February 1, 2008 at the Collinsville Gateway Convention Center, 1 Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL,, beginning at 6:30 pm. EOE
-If you call (618) 346-5022, ext 2, you may be able to have an application mailed to you if you live too far away to pick up an app in person. They have done this in the past.
-If anyone has any questions, post them and I will answer ASAP. Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you'd like.
-I've looked at the application, and it's 12 pages long. Don't hesitate if you plan to apply, since the application deadline is on the 18th.
-A minimum of five hires will be made off this list in the next few months.