Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2008 Dallas Texas Exam

The City of Dallas, Texas will be giving an exam March 13th, 2008

The Application period will be from Jan. 13th to Feb 1st.

Additional information can be found at the link below. Good luck !!

http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/recruit.htm

Go to www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter that currently has over 29,000 subscribers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Out of staters that want to apply.

Is there any substitute for not having a Texas Drivers license seeing as I'm from detroit?

Forum Member

Question Dallas Fire/Rescue

TIME OUT HERE!!!

I need a little clarification, It says on the website that you need 60 college credits with a "C" or better for FIRE INSPECTOR?...on top of the 45 college credits for the job?...

Is that a different position(FIRE INSPECTOR) that they are hiring for at the same time as entry level firefighter?

Also, does anyone know if an out of state drivers license will satisfy the Texas drivers license requirement until hired?

Thanks.

(I would call recruitment but I would rather see what I can get on here first, since the HR people usually dont have a clue anyway... )

youngone08
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I am from Ohio.

Forum Member

Was just pondering that same thing, from Wisconsin???

Forum Member

The best bet is call the recruiter's phone number that is listed and ask. They will probably be more than glad to answer that question.

alan

Forum Member

Has anybody filled out the online application yet? They were supposed to be available onine today, but I can't seem to find it. I could only fill out a job interest card.

Forum Member

Go to dallascityhall.com. hit jobs on left side and scroll down. Good luck. Best department in the metroplex!

Forum Member

Thanks! Do you work for Dallas? I know a little about this department, but any extra info would be very helpful. Do you know how many they expect to hire, and when the start date would be? Is this a difficult department to get on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter0011 View Post
    Best department in the metroplex!
    Just saw this error, no big deal. Here is the redirect to the correct thread.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ad.php?t=90429

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    Thanks! Do you work for Dallas? I know a little about this department, but any extra info would be very helpful. Do you know how many they expect to hire, and when the start date would be? Is this a difficult department to get on?
    I am from MI and my buddy just got hired there. Call the recruiters they r really nice. They are expected to hire 100 + this year. They said the retirement phase is coming around and they have alot of slots to fill.
    I have FF I / II and EMT-P but, only college creidits for FF so I dont have enough credits. I took my EMTB/P @ EMS company and didnt get credit through a college so cant apply. BullS***. Good luck My bud that was hired had no exp. His education was MI FFI/II and EMT-O

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

I am from MI and my buddy just got hired there. Call the recruiters they r really nice. They are expected to hire 100 + this year. They said the retirement phase is coming around and they have alot of slots to fill.
    I have FF I / II and EMT-P but, only college creidits for FF so I dont have enough credits. I took my EMTB/P @ EMS company and didnt get credit through a college so cant apply. BullS***. Good luck My bud that was hired had no exp. His education was MI FFI/II and EMT-P just out of school.

Forum Member

Hey FFER55. Do you know much about the process (physical agility, interveiws, psych/polygraph...)? Do you know how long it took your buddy to get hired after he applied, and if he is liking it? How many he tested against? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Hey FFER55. Do you know much about the process (physical agility, interveiws, psych/polygraph...)? Do you know how long it took your buddy to get hired after he applied, and if he is liking it? How many he tested against? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
    Civil service. He scored 83%. Cpat. Interview big % (like anywhere). I dont know if they are just in a rush but, he was hired as a sub-rookie. He is already pd to do administrative work until a academy starts. The process was about 5 months. I you can catch a academy it might be quicker. Call the recruit # they were very nice/helpful to me. Not sure how many he tested against. He likes it (where from MI anywhere is better). Like I said if I had the credits I would be down there. I will have my Fire/Medic associates by fall so then I will ck how it is and maybe go then. Hope that helps. Any other Q just ask and I can call him. Like I said they are growing fast and going to hire 100+. That was from the recruiter.

Forum Member

forbin whats your email address?

MembersZone Subscriber

As stated above if anyone has any idea how the process is set to go in dallas id love to hear!

Forum Member

hey firefighter0011 i sent you my email through whatever email you have listed with firehouse...you get it?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CoreySilas View Post
    As stated above if anyone has any idea how the process is set to go in dallas id love to hear!
    Why dont you just call the recruiters? They are very nice and they will tell you everything you have to know. That way you get the correct info you are looking for.

MembersZone Subscriber

good idea thanks man!

Forum Member

Did anybody go to the job fair on the 26th? How was it?

Thread Information