Page 100 of 618 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102103110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

got psych letter today. list # mid 1400's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, fellas. I had my medical this morning, and I'm glad to say that I passed the heart rate. My limit was 175 beats but I kept it at 162. I have to go back, though, because of my VERY poor vision. I have my lasik next Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to pass the vision test the following Monday. The only thing that worries me from the medical is the blood test. I haven't been to a doctor since I was a kid, so I don't know what will show up.

P.S. I've got my psych letter today as well. I'm near the end of 1300's, so guys around my # should either get it today or sometime soon.
    Yeah I'm worried about my blood test too.... I passed everything during my medical yesterday except for the EKG....that showed some sort of abnormality so I have to get cleared by a cardiologist before an FDNY doctor will pass me completely. I'm worried that my blood might be screwed up now too as a a result. Any idea when the blood test results become available?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Yeah I'm worried about my blood test too.... I passed everything during my medical yesterday except for the EKG....that showed some sort of abnormality so I have to get cleared by a cardiologist before an FDNY doctor will pass me completely. I'm worried that my blood might be screwed up now too as a a result. Any idea when the blood test results become available?
    Johnny, they said it should become available to the doctor in about 2 weeks and that they'll contact you only if there's a problem with the results. So for now, no news is good news. Let's just hope that they don't contact any of us.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, fellas. I had my medical this morning, and I'm glad to say that I passed the heart rate. My limit was 175 beats but I kept it at 162. I have to go back, though, because of my VERY poor vision. I have my lasik next Friday, so hopefully I'll be able to pass the vision test the following Monday. The only thing that worries me from the medical is the blood test. I haven't been to a doctor since I was a kid, so I don't know what will show up.

P.S. I've got my psych letter today as well. I'm near the end of 1300's, so guys around my # should either get it today or sometime soon.
    Hey congrats on passing the stair mill...quick question , when you go in for the medical what comes first through last and also, do they give you an EKG or a sonogram for you heart, thanks any info will help...im list 20xx and just went in august 27th for my interview

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    Hey congrats on passing the stair mill...quick question , when you go in for the medical what comes first through last and also, do they give you an EKG or a sonogram for you heart, thanks any info will help...im list 20xx and just went in august 27th for my interview
    You fill out a bunch of paperwork with everybody, then go for your urine specimens, and then basically you just go through the list station by station in no particular order-whatever opens up first you go to. It's an EKG for your heart.

Forum Member

You fill out a bunch of paperwork with everybody, then go for your urine specimens, and then basically you just go through the list station by station in no particular order-whatever opens up first you go to. It's an EKG for your heart.
    thanks dude...one more thing what did you do to train for the heart rate ...ive been going up and down the stairs at the train station for like 20 min a night w/ a vest ...dont know if its not enough or what...

Forum Member

Question

hey guys...what time frame are they requesting to prove residence and do they make you have more than one form of bill, statement,etc. didnt get my packet yet just trying to get a head start
    26xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mike13310 View Post
    hey guys...what time frame are they requesting to prove residence and do they make you have more than one form of bill, statement,etc. didnt get my packet yet just trying to get a head start
    26xx
    when you go to metro tech for your "interview" although its really not an interview , you have to dress in a suit and tie and look professional, (make sure you do otherwise you will not be allowed in) your actually just handing in your paperwork and being fingerprinted. On the cover letter that you get with your packet is a list of things you need to bring with you, one of those things is your residency proof for the extra 5 points, you need 12 statements from the months of march 2007 to march of 2008, they have to be utility bills of some sort , no cell phone bill, however you can use mortgage, telephone, water, heating, ext... you need 12 statements, not 11 not 10 not 5 , 12!! also make sure you bring you current proof of residency of where you live now, just incase you have moved since march of 2008... also if you have had any student loans in the past they want to see that they are paid off or being paid off ( if you are in default , that will probally jam you up) good luck dude

Forum Member

Exclamation

when you go to metro tech for your "interview" although its really not an interview , you have to dress in a suit and tie and look professional, (make sure you do otherwise you will not be allowed in) your actually just handing in your paperwork and being fingerprinted. On the cover letter that you get with your packet is a list of things you need to bring with you, one of those things is your residency proof for the extra 5 points, you need 12 statements from the months of march 2007 to march of 2008, they have to be utility bills of some sort , no cell phone bill, however you can use mortgage, telephone, water, heating, ext... you need 12 statements, not 11 not 10 not 5 , 12!! also make sure you bring you current proof of residency of where you live now, just incase you have moved since march of 2008... also if you have had any student loans in the past they want to see that they are paid off or being paid off ( if you are in default , that will probally jam you up) good luck dude
    So gettingready6019, am I going to get jammed up on residency when I give them cell phone , credit card, and bank statements ???? That's all I really have. Don't own a home, no lease, just rent with utilities included. Info on this matter from anyone would very much be appreciated

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    So gettingready6019, am I going to get jammed up on residency when I give them cell phone , credit card, and bank statements ???? That's all I really have. Don't own a home, no lease, just rent with utilities included. Info on this matter from anyone would very much be appreciated
    no your fine i used my credit card bill and had no problem as long as it is a bill in your name and at a good address then your good

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    credit card bills and bank statements are fine...just not the cell phone....you only need one of those two ..either the bank or creditcard....good luck...bye the way they really dont look into it as much as you think ..they figure the way they are going to get you off the list is bye you failing the medical because 1/3 of people that go in for it are doing so i'm hearing....good luck

Forum Member

Default Medical/ training

anyone have any good tips on training for the medical...i have been going to the train station everynight with a vest on going up and down the stairs for like 20min/night.............also i am running about 2 miles per day ....i really dont know if im doing enough or what

MembersZone Subscriber

anyone have any good tips on training for the medical...i have been going to the train station everynight with a vest on going up and down the stairs for like 20min/night.............also i am running about 2 miles per day ....i really dont know if im doing enough or what
    Try running more, getting on an actual stepmill in a gym if you can. Going downstairs with a vest can hurt the knees. You'll have plenty of time to bang up and damage your knees when you're on the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    Try running more, getting on an actual stepmill in a gym if you can. Going downstairs with a vest can hurt the knees. You'll have plenty of time to bang up and damage your knees when you're on the job.
    deffinately can feel it in the knees on the way down the stairs.....how many min per night and how many nights pew week do you think is good

Forum Member

thanks dude...one more thing what did you do to train for the heart rate ...ive been going up and down the stairs at the train station for like 20 min a night w/ a vest ...dont know if its not enough or what...
    Mon Wed and Fri i practiced on the stepmill with the 50lb vest for 30 minutes each time, doing 60 steps per minute. Tue Thurs and Sat I would run. normally tues and thurs i would run longer distances at a slower pace (9min mile about) and i would just concentrate on my breathing, making sure i wasn't out of breath at all while i was running. Then on saturday I would run a faster mile at about a 7 minute pace and then I would slow up and circumvent about 10-20 hundred meter sprints in between my running. biggest thing is you need to concentrate on your breathing always. when doing stairs take in long, deep breaths and exhale slowly as well. there were guys at my medical that looked to be in as good of shape as me or better and they were failing. only 4 of us passed the first time. i'm positive the only thing that saved my *** was my breathing technique.

Forum Member

Mon Wed and Fri i practiced on the stepmill with the 50lb vest for 30 minutes each time, doing 60 steps per minute. Tue Thurs and Sat I would run. normally tues and thurs i would run longer distances at a slower pace (9min mile about) and i would just concentrate on my breathing, making sure i wasn't out of breath at all while i was running. Then on saturday I would run a faster mile at about a 7 minute pace and then I would slow up and circumvent about 10-20 hundred meter sprints in between my running. biggest thing is you need to concentrate on your breathing always. when doing stairs take in long, deep breaths and exhale slowly as well. there were guys at my medical that looked to be in as good of shape as me or better and they were failing. only 4 of us passed the first time. i'm positive the only thing that saved my *** was my breathing technique.
    ive herd about this breathing tech ...alot of people tell me to breath in through the nose and out the mouth..is that what you are referring to? if not than how should i try this ..ive bought a heart rate monitor so i can follow my improvments and such...thanks for all the info

Forum Member

ive herd about this breathing tech ...alot of people tell me to breath in through the nose and out the mouth..is that what you are referring to? if not than how should i try this ..ive bought a heart rate monitor so i can follow my improvments and such...thanks for all the info
    that's it..... make sure you are eating plenty of food as well, shoot for 5-6 smaller meals a day rather than 3 big ones, and drink plenty of water. it's very easy to overtrain if you're not eating enough.

Forum Member

that's it..... make sure you are eating plenty of food as well, shoot for 5-6 smaller meals a day rather than 3 big ones, and drink plenty of water. it's very easy to overtrain if you're not eating enough.
    ive got to be honest...im a bit over weight and i need to lose like 25 lbs or so..... ive been dieting like crazy and only drinking water ,and lots of it...i know this may sound bad but im on the atkins diet for now...atleast util i get called for the med and pass it (hopefully) but i got to do what i got to do ...ive already dropped like 7 lbs in a week so its definatley helping me out bye doing that diet ontop of running and hitting those stairs....ive never sweat this much in my entire life ...thanks for all the info and good luck to you..where are you on the list ?

Forum Member

...diet for now...atleast util i get called for the med and pass...
    This is a RED FLAG!

Please refer to this post:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showpost...postcount=2004

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    This is a RED FLAG!

Please refer to this post:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showpost...postcount=2004
    well im hoping this is good start for me for a healthy and phisically fit way of life...trust me im not gonna turn this job down because some random person says so...lol..

Thread Information