Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    i like the logic to the previous post but sounds like the rumers floating around this site is that they are only going to 1500 for the next class. maybe more people that deferred are accepting entrance into this class. The deferral rate is kinda that unknown that really throws things off. Maybe half deferred from the first class or maybe only 10%. I have no idea.
    but you also have to figure about the same amount of people would defer the Jan class as they did last summer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    Especially since FST has been neutered!!
    was it really?

Forum Member

Lightbulb

Just out of curiosity, how come you guys think so many are going to defer?? The economic crisis which has put us on the verge of a recession, cities billion dallor deficit, and that there are over hundred FF extra each day , I honestly don't see to many deferring, in fact I see anyone who gets an opportunity is going to take it. If you recall , most thought this list was going to reach 8,9 maybe over 10,000. Now looks like that number has been cut in half. I'm really on the fence if there even going to reach myself in the 39xx.

Forum Member

na man. was kinda thinking the same thing. Im 4400 hundred which sucks cause if i had preference points (no fault but my own) i would probably be in academy or close with a 102.5) But i don't know maybe people won't want to quit their jobs for probably a lesser of a paying job or won't want to quit a job that they have that is secure for something that is not garanteed. Just cause you make it to proby school doesn't necessarily mean that your going to make it or make it past your proby year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajabiggs View Post
    was it really?
    Yes, absolute B.S.

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    na man. was kinda thinking the same thing. Im 4400 hundred which sucks cause if i had preference points (no fault but my own) i would probably be in academy or close with a 102.5) But i don't know maybe people won't want to quit their jobs for probably a lesser of a paying job or won't want to quit a job that they have that is secure for something that is not garanteed. Just cause you make it to proby school doesn't necessarily mean that your going to make it or make it past your proby year.

I think I'm giving myself an ulcer with all of the back and forth speculation and anxiety over the economy. My shins sure are praying that they are getting pounded on for an achievable goal as well........

Forum Member

Lightbulb Promotional Exam

[QUOTE=aal2016;1001771]Exam6019, is it historically accurate to say that they only take EMS promos every couple of classes or couple of years?
    Yes, its accurate to say the promotional exam is giving every couple of years. Looking at the past, lists were established in 01, 03, 05, and this previous promotion class was 07. Actually FD EMS wants to do away with the promotion exam. Their having a hard enough time keeping people as it is.
    Last edited by exam6019; 11-01-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tcfdDan View Post
    Yes, absolute B.S.
    rediculous, what's the city's excuse now?

Forum Member

unfortunatley i failed most of my high school math classes so cant really do the ratios of applicants/list numbers/promos/deferals. all i can do is what everyone else can do which is hope they reach me at 26##. and go from there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to say I heard from another person off these forums that the class would be less than 300 but that the class was definitely still on. Keep training hard and take the rumors with a grain of salt, hopefully we are still getting letters 3rd week of November.

Also matty I forget where are you sitting on the list, 1100s right?
    yea hopefull... seems like weve been posting forever back to the grapevine days

Forum Member

Question

sorry but what does that mean?

Forum Member

Thumbs up not long

8 more weeks boys train hard and stay focused

Forum Member

Default rumor mill

wats up fellas...im in the current class and before i got in got a lot of good info off thsi board so im gonna try and help a lil bit...from what i heard at the rock there is a class goin in jan as of now...it is goin back down to 13 weeks is gonna save the city 13 million dollars so that is good news for u guys cause 6 months is brutal.i heard it will be a class of 200...and its most likely gonna slow down after that with the budget cuts...there is talk of freeze but i doubt it dependng on retirement.when they sent us out in the field almost everyday they were overstaffed throughout the city 90-130 ffs so that is a bad signs ...i think they will still hire just not as big classes.thats all i heard from now i just want 2 try and help people like i was helped preparing for this..on other notes they did make fst a lil easier its still the toughest thing u will do but after doing it the harder way for the last 4 1/2 months its easier now...it will be easier in the colder weather as i found out cause the hot days were tough.the running gets longer and longer we ran 2 the 59st bridge and back ill leave it up 2 u 2 figure how far that is ...
    and that was no picnic....if u have shin splints and most likely goin in thext class do not over train and runn everyday i have had shins splints since day 1 i l ive off ib profin and it sux...make sure u got the mile and half down they will train u the right way...i have never ran that far in 1 week let alone 1 day...if it was easy everyone would be able 2 do it...as i finally see some light at the tunnell we are nowhere near the end...during the hazmat break we pretty much did punishment everyday for stupid stuff...dont get comfortable and make sure ur squad doesnt i have been physically broken down im hoping2 start getting built back up...well c wat happens..make sure u do not get hurt doin dumb stuff outside the job and be very careful while running i see alot of guys get hurt and u dont want 2 go throught this lhurt its tough enough as it is and u dont want 2 be recycled..this may be stuff u gusyalready heard but its important dont be an allstar eithier cause u will always have 2 be an allstar and defently dont be the ******* cause u will get slaughtered...keep ur mouth shut and try and listen....ur time during the academy u will have no life... dont try and have 1 while u are in there...tell ur wife,gf or watever and prepare them for it aswell..i know it will all be worth it and thsi is why deal with it...it is the greatest job in the world ..i hope all u guys wating and want it that bad have the shot at it like i do....wearing the patch on my shoulder makes everyday better at the end of the day...if there is any ?s i can help u guys out just ask...i will try and reply wenever i can...u should get a letter for the run about 2 or 3 weeks before teh 1 st day of the next academy my advice 2 u is focus on the mile and half run ...its done on a up hill course on the way there and the way back is mostly kinda of down hill u run with about 50 at a time and its chaos for the first few minutes depending on how u run...stay infront of the pace runners and u will be fine once u hit the wooden bridge on the way back run as fast as u can....also u have 2 jog about 1/2 OF A MILE TO THE MILE AND HALF TRACK THEY WILL GIVE U 5 MIN TO DO UR OWN STRETCHING AND THEN THE Y START....GOODLUCK HOPE 2 SEE U GUYS ON UR FIRST DAY IN SUITS

Forum Member

Default Fdny Psych

For those of you who took the psychological is there a seperate oral part of the psychological or is it just the written psychological?
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 11-02-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Forum Member

That's true?! I thought that was a rumor.

Forum Member

Default run

so whos running the course soon

Forum Member

Default Fst

Listen fellas, they will find a way to torture us and make the academy hard, whether they call it FST or not. Eyes on the prize.

Forum Member

Default Fdny Psych

For those of you who took the psychological is there a seperate oral part of the psychological or is it just the written psychological?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    just written

Forum Member

Default FDNY timeline

LIST # 186X

1. May, 15th 2008 got my packet to begin background processing
    2. July 31st, 2008 handed in all my paperwork at Metrotech
    3. August 16, 2008 passed CPAT on first attempt
    4. October 2nd, 2008 went down for my medical (did not pass heart rate)
    5. November 3rd, 2008 Went down to retake heart rate test & passed

Have not been scheduled for a psychological at this point in time.
    Has anyone in the 1700's or 1800's taken their Psychological as of Nov 3rd. 2008?
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 11-03-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Forum Member

smoke house thanx for the insight we desperately appreciate it with all the rumors flying around so the 13 wks is a definite

Forum Member

it is not defenite i just want 2 let u know the word around the rock...in all reality just focus on getting in teh yhave been saying it for a long time ...wat makes it more realistic is the budget cuts etc....if u have a record of summons or arrest u will have to see there pysch dr, for an interview ...as long as ur life has improved u will be fine...job,work,family problems etc hope this helps

Forum Member

smokehouse thanks for the info. Although I almost went crosseyed reading that post it is appreciated.

Has anyone talked to their investigators about the next class? Because when I talked to mine a while ago I was told not to worry about all the rumors I hear because even people on the job don't have the facts straight, and as of then they were planning on a class of 300.

If someone talks to their investigator soon ask them for some insight on the next class size and length and maybe you can clear up some things for us on this board. I'm gonna wait a few more weeks before I call my investigator again because I don't want to be the annoying guy who calls too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's ALL rumor until something happens

13 weeks a definite? AYKM?
    A probie in the current class is going to be privvy to info on what MT9 is going to do? I doubt it.
    We in the field don't even know what they're thinking.

You guys are going to give yourselves ulcers reacting to every little rumor that gets posted here. The last 3 pages have been rumor. Try to relax. Stay out of trouble. Keep running.

Speaking of; It was good to see the 2 guys that came on their own time to practice the 1.5 mi run on Saturday. They had no problem making the time. Again, good job guys. I was hoping to see a few more of you out there.

smokehouse, again to you; thanks for the insights and words to these guys waiting out here. But again, line breaks, spelling. It was hard on the eyes.

Forum Member

Default Psych

has anyone in the 1700's or 1800's been scheduled for a psychological?

Thread Information