Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default Run on saturday

I will be going to the Rock on saturday morning. If anyone is interested in going, I will probably be there between 10 and 11 am.

Forum Member

FDNYUSMC, shoot me a PM later this week about running this Saturday. I'm gonna try and make it out as well.

Forum Member

so call me optimistic but i still feel that this list should reach between 4000 and 5000. again i have no scientific evidence to back this theory its just a hunch. how does everyone else feel?

MembersZone Subscriber

It's going to take a few days for this to show up, sorry for the delay, I never use this board.

My list number is 16xx. I've taken the CPAT, medical and psych. I've passed all three of those steps. I call my investigator maybe once a week to check up on things. I last spoke to him on 10/30 and he requested a current bill and pay stub and I faxed it to him. The next step for me: (FROM THE MOUTH of my investigator), I will receive a letter inviting me to the 1.5 mile run in the next few weeks. The run will be the 1st week of December. If I pass, I go to do paperwork on the 16th at the Rock and will begin the academy on January 5th, 2009. I Can't think of a better Christmas present.

Just thought this would give people an idea of how far they've gotten.

If anybody lives in the Woodlawn area and wants to train, PM me. I have a special two month training program that I'm using to prepare. It involves a lot of running, especially circuit work and hills.

Forum Member

Default Fdny Process

Thanks for that helpful info flatbush.

I am waiting to get scheduled for the psych next. List # 186X
    Did you have a written and an oral psych or was it just a written psych exam?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by flatbush157 View Post
    It's going to take a few days for this to show up, sorry for the delay, I never use this board.

My list number is 16xx. I've taken the CPAT, medical and psych. I've passed all three of those steps. I call my investigator maybe once a week to check up on things. I last spoke to him on 10/30 and he requested a current bill and pay stub and I faxed it to him. The next step for me: (FROM THE MOUTH of my investigator), I will receive a letter inviting me to the 1.5 mile run in the next few weeks. The run will be the 1st week of December. If I pass, I go to do paperwork on the 16th at the Rock and will begin the academy on January 5th, 2009. I Can't think of a better Christmas present.

Just thought this would give people an idea of how far they've gotten.

If anybody lives in the Woodlawn area and wants to train, PM me. I have a special two month training program that I'm using to prepare. It involves a lot of running, especially circuit work and hills.
    Hey Flatbush,
    Turn your PM's on. I'm in the Pelham Bay Area but I'm def interested in training with someone else. Let me know what your schedule is like and what program your using. If we can work something out that could be beneficial to us both.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the PM's should be on now.

As for the psych, I just took a written exam. It was something like 560 multiple choice questions, 40 yes/no questions and three pictures you had to draw.

My understanding of the psych process is that if that if they have no questions about the written part, that's it, you're done with it. If they have questions, that's when you have to talk to someone about it.

Forum Member

Flatbush, when did you take the psych test?

Forum Member

Default Anyone Wanna go Running?

Hey, I'm gonna head out and vote here in a sec, then head into manhattan for a run around central park (about 6.5 miles)

If anyone wants go go lemme know on here or shoot my a pm, I'm thinking about 3ish, i'll swing by here before I leave.

I'll also probably do the same thing tomorrow morning if anyone wants to go then too.

Forum Member

Default Psychological

has anyone in the 1700's or 1800's been scheduled for a psychological?

Forum Member

hey qcfrankc- i took the psych and passed about a month ago, list #1720's
    Last edited by glycerin16; 11-04-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by glycerin16 View Post
    Wow, I am around 50 #'s above that and still haven't taken psych, hopefully soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    Wow, I am around 50 #'s above that and still haven't taken psych, hopefully soon.
    Same range and no psych yet either. This is the first I've heard of anyone in the 1700s having taken it

Forum Member

i just heard on the news that 5 engine companies are closing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT17 View Post
    i just heard on the news that 5 engine companies are closing
    Sounds like a rumor to me. Are you with Truck 17?
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Not hearing anything yet on closings.
    But this info coming straight from NY1:
    http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...s/Default.aspx
    Can't copy and paste but story states:

"The mayor will also cancel next January's incoming police class and reduce the length of the fire department's training program."

AND...here it is from WNBC.com

EXCLUSIVE – NYC To Lay Off 500, Cut Workforce by 3,000
    Five fire engine companies will be closed overnight.
    By Melissa Russo

Updated 5:32 PM EST, Tue, Nov 4, 2008

New Yorkers might be obsessed with the election but there’s a big local budget story developing that could impact some of the most important city services – from police to fire to child safety.

The plan, which NBCNewYork.com has learned will be outlined by Mayor Michael Bloomberg Wednesday, involves $1.5 billion in cuts. We knew they were coming, but now we know what they are.

The size of the NYC workforce will be reduced by 3,000 employees – including 500 workers who will be laid off.

The newest class of police recruits scheduled to start training in January is being cancelled.

Five fire engine companies will be closed overnight. While those companies are located in firehouses that will still have ladders on site, the issue is likely to be controversial. (Yeah. You think??!!)

At the Department of Education, 613 jobs will be eliminated. Officials said they made an effort to keep those cuts out of the classroom, and mostly involve administrative workers.

The jobs of 127 supervisors at the Administration for Children’s Services will also be eliminated.

Bloomberg will present his updated budget plan Wednesday. It will show the projected budget deficit has ballooned from $2.3 billion to $4 billion over the next two years.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 11-04-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Not hearing anything yet on closings.
    But this info coming straight from NY1:
    http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...s/Default.aspx
    Can't copy and paste but story states:

"The mayor will also cancel next January's incoming police class and reduce the length of the fire department's training program."
    FFBam: Thanks for that info. I guess that is what Smokehouse was refering in his earlier post.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    So it seems the fire class is still on, just a shortened class?
    What ever the case may be.. I am glad that the class is still on and not being cancelled like the police class. Hopefully, it'll be more clear to us tomorrow, after Mayor Bloomberg speaks at City Hall.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Class

I would do allot of praying about the next class. If they close 5 fire houses that puts 30 FF per house into the mix around 150. Plus the 300 graduating in December that floods the ranks with 450 more FF into a system already heavy around 50 ff per day.
    I hope nothing happens to the next class but I would be praying. I just hope they don't lay anyone off like they did in the 70's.
    Good luck.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Default not good

just saw on Fox5NY, that the mayor is cutting budgets... this we all know, they said that the cuts include teachers, parksdept. etc, and 5 ENGINES!... not good news.

good luck to all you 6019 guys, ill be taking it in 2011

Forum Member

Default FDNY process

Quote Originally Posted by glycerin16 View Post

Did you pass all of your medical on the first attempt or did you have to go back for something?

Forum Member

does anybody have any insight into why they would cancel nypd classes when they need people but only shorten fdny classes when theyre supposedly over staffed?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    What ever the case may be.. I am glad that the class is still on and not being cancelled like the police class. Hopefully, it'll be more clear to us tomorrow, after Mayor Bloomberg speaks at City Hall.
    I was going to go into the police academy for the time being if I missed the the Jan. FD class but now it looks like I'll continue scrubbing ***** stains off toilets for the next 6 months to a year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajabiggs View Post
    I was going to go into the police academy for the time being if I missed the the Jan. FD class but now it looks like I'll continue scrubbing ***** stains off toilets for the next 6 months to a year.
    You're not alone buddy I'm in the same boat, I might just move out of NYC to be honest, I want this job but I hate this city.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    does anybody have any insight into why they would cancel nypd classes when they need people but only shorten fdny classes when theyre supposedly over staffed?
    The last class to graduate had 1,094 recruits in it.
    Unfortunately for them, that reduces $$ by a lot.

Thread Information