Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 618 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    Who went in last week, #'s wise.
    I went in last tues the 26th of august.....My list number is 2015.....

I just got the letter in the mail about the cpat orientation at randells island on sept 19.

Does this mean that the actual CPAT is coming real close after that????

Aren't we entitled to some 12 week prep session or sumthin????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post

Aren't we entitled to...

??????!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    I went in last tues the 26th of august.....My list number is 2015.....

I just got the letter in the mail about the cpat orientation at randells island on sept 19.

Does this mean that the actual CPAT is coming real close after that????

Aren't we entitled to some 12 week prep session or sumthin????
    The CPAT prep classes at the Rock are not an entitlement. The city and the FDNY are offering them to better prepare its candidates. Once the budget runs out, guess what? No more prep classes.. No one should depend on the prep sessions at the Rock. Everyone should be training on their own and when the CPAT exam date comes up, you'll be able to pass it.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default oops

sorry guys.....i didnt mean to cause a stir by saying "entitled"....

Very poor wording...

But what i did mean is that I had gotten the perception that it was standard to have the 12 weeks of prep before the cpat.....

Not that one should rely on just those 12 preps....but was just curious as to what the normal pre-cpat procedure was....

I guess as long as one has been running hard and hitting the step mill, they will most likely be ok for the cpat...

Forum Member

provided that they do run out of budget and don't offer the prep classes anymore. can anyone go to the CPAT prep classes when they offer them now or is it for designated list numbers? That would seem unfair to provide an aid to some people but not have it available to others based on list number.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    provided that they do run out of budget and don't offer the prep classes anymore. can anyone go to the CPAT prep classes when they offer them now or is it for designated list numbers? That would seem unfair to provide an aid to some people but not have it available to others based on list number.
    No you can only go down after you get a waiver signed and you need a card to get in...just because they say its a 12 week program doesnt mean you have 3 months to get ready..it was about 6 weeks from the time i went to the orientation to the time of my fist date for my physical.

IMO Although the prep classes are good they are not going to get you in shape so all you really need is a few run throughs to get a feel for the test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    No you can only go down after you get a waiver signed and you need a card to get in...just because they say its a 12 week program doesnt mean you have 3 months to get ready..it was about 6 weeks from the time i went to the orientation to the time of my fist date for my physical.

IMO Although the prep classes are good they are not going to get you in shape so all you really need is a few run throughs to get a feel for the test
    i read a post that the prep classes were only available for the first 4000. i dont know how true that is it seems a bit off but what do i know

Hi,
    This would be my first time posting on this site. I have not looked into the FDNY since I got my score, since someone told me it might take a few years to get a call, so I was wondering if someone could give me an update.

Does the FDNY put a class in every Jan and July like NYPD? How big are the classes? My list number was 3,3xx, anyone have an idea how long before I get a package for the background? How long has the process been between getting the background packet up until the physical?

Forum Member

anyone else going to the info session? and/or the prep courses?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skeezix View Post
    Hi,
    This would be my first time posting on this site. I have not looked into the FDNY since I got my score, since someone told me it might take a few years to get a call, so I was wondering if someone could give me an update.

Does the FDNY put a class in every Jan and July like NYPD? How big are the classes? My list number was 3,3xx, anyone have an idea how long before I get a package for the background? How long has the process been between getting the background packet up until the physical?

Would anyone mind repeating everything that's been posted in the other 2179 posts in this thread for him?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Would anyone mind repeating everything that's been posted in the other 2179 posts in this thread for him?
    Nah, let him be an adult and find it himself.

Oh i apologize, I wasn't aware I was being out of line by simply asking someone to repeat some common knowledge because I didn't have the time myself to weed through the hundreds of previous post. In the future ill be sure not to be such an *******.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    Nah, let him be an adult and find it himself.
    I know right?? I set this website as my homepage so that everytime I turn on my computer, I get updated with this forum's threads automatically. If anyone just coming on to this forum needs any info, it's strongly advised to do a search first, then skim through the posts before you ask a question that's already been answered several times.

To set this forum as your homepage using Internet Explorer:
    First write down the questions you have on a piece of paper,
    then search the forum for any possible answers, dates, requirements, etc. Finally, when you're on the last page of this thread, go to Tools, Internet Options, Underneath "Home Page", choose "Use Current". Hit OK.
    Now whenever you start Internet Explorer, the last page of this thread will load. To update the page number, just go back to tools, Internet options, and under "Home Page" change the last number to the current page number, or just press "Use Current".

Oh, and don't forget, "Don't walk on the sidewalk".

Default ???

So my investigator called me two days ago and asked me for two current proofs of residency and a recent paystub. Is there a reason why they keep asking for this? This will be the thrird time I turn in that information.

The first time was back in February, the seconod time was in July (which she confirmed to having received it), now two moinths later, she is asking for it again.. I just thought it was a little odd. Oh well, it is what it is.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    That would be one helluva copy and paste project using the "quote" button.

Here you go skeezix: Click here

Forum Member

Default FDNY hiring process

List # 18XX from Queens

July 31, 2008--Went to metrotech to hand in paperwork and get fingerprinted
    (Was told that in about a month that we would be taking medicals)

August 16, 2008--Passed CPAT on first pactice session

September 7, 2008--Still nothing in the mail regarding the medical, Psychological or any future interviews.

Forum Member

Card?? and when you say waiver you mean the paperwork the doctor needs to sign...correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    Card?? and when you say waiver you mean the paperwork the doctor needs to sign...correct?
    You have to get a waiver signed by a doctor before you can do anything and then when you sign up for a certain day they give you a card that says the day you come with your name

Forum Member

You have to get a waiver signed by a doctor before you can do anything and then when you sign up for a certain day they give you a card that says the day you come with your name
    i got the waiver signed by the doc....i am supposed to be at the rock on sept 19th at 6:00 pm says the paperwork (i had to call and reserve for it) are they going to send me somrthing else now in the mail with my name on it for the 19th ?

Forum Member

Default hope this helps.

List# 20XX

Aug 27th Interview
    Sept19 CPAT Info Session
    Sept 22 DCAS CPAT Orientation
    Sept 29 FDNY CPAT Prep

I haven't gotten anything else.

Good luck to everyone.

Thread Information