Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Of course the second someone gets that early X-mas present, its going to be all over the forum.

Forum Member

Default Shin Splints

In addition to everyting that's been posted, running in the correct shoes is also extremely important. If your shoes are too old (typically 400 miles), your shins will hurt from the extra impact they have to absorb. If you are running in a neutral shoe and overpronate, medial shin splints are also very common (a stability shoe will give you the support you need). In my opinion, if you are experiencing pain in your lower legs, the first thing to check is your shoe situation.

Forum Member

Oh, and keep your calves nice and stretched out, icing if necessary.

Forum Member

The FDNY's cost-cutting moves also include scaling-back training for cadets by five weeks. But Scoppetta adds, the department currently has no plans to change its hiring schedule.

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beat...s/Default.aspx

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    The FDNY's cost-cutting moves also include scaling-back training for cadets by five weeks. But Scoppetta adds, the department currently has no plans to change its hiring schedule.

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beat...s/Default.aspx
    see dont panic yet guys...good news queens atleast for now

Forum Member

Just wanted to ask anybody; as far as your workout schedule what are you guys focusing on and how often do you do cardio. I couldn't afford a gym membership no more. So i started working out in the park doing massive amounts of pull-ups, push-ups, dips and jumping exercises for my legs.
    I usually do cardio once a week, but i will probably will step it up to two or three times since the actual run is so close.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

sorry about the punctuation.I had to go to work and was running late. Look at all the punctuation in my statement!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I talked to someone who cousin's list number is in the 900's and she told me that he was notified that he would be in the next class starting jan 5. My list number is less than 200 spots away from that and i wasn't notified of anything.

I just wanted to know if anyone else heard if candidates were being notified of a start date or anything similar.
    No offense but unless this guys grandpa is scopetta I highly doubt that he received any such letter. If anything he deferred from last class and received a letter about that.

Forum Member

I believe even if they do freeze the list it will extend the life of the list for the time it was frozen, in other words if they go a year without hiring anyone than this list will take an extra year to expire.

At least this is what everyone is telling me, I cannot confirm this, possibly someone else can. Looks like I'm out for Jan because I have no psych yet and I am being held up with the med for a surgery I had, hopefully I can get cleared by time for July.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiend455 View Post
    No offense but unless this guys grandpa is scopetta I highly doubt that he received any such letter. If anything he deferred from last class and received a letter about that.
    I am in the 900's and I haven't heard from ANYONE..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiend455 View Post
    he said notified , notified could be calling his investigator, or investigator calling him, or a letter saying "in order to be processed for jan 09 class we need oct 08 pay stubs, report to medical etc"

every1s got to relax

hey all i was just curious and reminded myself to ask this after reading the posts on shin splints/pain etc and how everyone should start and keep running and of course wear proper shoes aka running shoes basketballsneakers are not running shoes nor are soccer shoes

onto my question, what is the requirement in winter training for people in the academy to wear in reguards to outdoor training?

ex
    do we run in boots? if this is soo shouldnt we start running ourselves in boots to prepare...

do we train in any specific clothing that might be very diff then the norm so we can maybe try and get it early and test it out, simple little things like this i feel are important or just good to know.

lastly... everyone needs to chillout, no one got a letter yet unless maybe they are EMT EMS...

-letters go out mid nov
    -run first week dec
    -class first week jan

gluck

Forum Member

Anybody in the high 1700s or 1800s get a letter for the psych yet? I think someone posted a couple of weeks ago that the next psych date was the 15th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test6019 View Post
    Ok im not sure the last time the city freezed fire dept hirings but if anyone oes know the last time the FD put on a hiring freeze do u know the highest list number they reached. At first I was thinking i was a lock to get hired with a list number in the high 28xx but now who knows. Just startin to get a little nervous as to whether i will get hired off this list.

Thanks in advance to anyone that posts anything
    yeah the last hiring freeze was 1932 and they reached list #2799.

relax man the list has a few years left on it, if you haven't been called after 2 more years then start to worry.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

I am 186X and the next step is the psych but I have not received a letter in the mail yet for the exact date.

November 15th is on a Saturday. Have they given previous psychs on a Saturday before??

Forum Member

Your right Queens, i'ma just chill, guess i'll find out around thanksgiving when they start sending letters out. Either i'll get one or not!!

Forum Member

Hey- I'm low 1700's, took my psych about a month ago, on a Saturday.

Forum Member

Nobody has recieved any type of notification on when the class is going to start or when the run is. PLEASE. ENOUGH WITH...I HEARD THIS OR... I HEARD THAT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Nobody has recieved any type of notification on when the class is going to start or when the run is. PLEASE. ENOUGH WITH...I HEARD THIS OR... I HEARD THAT.
    Run is Dec. 7th, processing is the 15 or 16th (if someone call their investigatior and can find out which date exactly it would help me alot) and the class startes Jan 5th...this is from CID

everyone expecting to go in should give them a call there might be a little thing you need. You do not want to get passed up for some BS

Forum Member

Is anybody gonna want to run the course at the Rock tomorrow morning? I'm gonna try to be there around 11am. If anybody's serious about meeting up PM me please.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info on the shin splints. I got running shoes prob about 150miles on them and i got them at jack rabbits where they make you try on pairs to see how you run with them and what not so I dont think its the shoes. Gonna take a few days off and try that exercise that was mentioned hopefully my body will fix itself. Thank you guys again.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I am 186X and the next step is the psych but I have not received a letter in the mail yet for the exact date.

November 15th is on a Saturday. Have they given previous psychs on a Saturday before??
    nothing for me either at 189x

Forum Member

Default FDNY psych

I am list # 186X. Completed everything so far except the psych. Just got off the phone with my investigator and she confirmed that I have been scheduled for the psych on Saturday, November 15th and that I would be recieving written confirmation shortly in the mail.

Forum Member

Default FDNY psych

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Hey guys, called my investigator to make sure I am 100% for the January class and I am good. To reiterate what everyone else is saying the class is on, expect a letter for the run toward the end of November, and it will take place on December 7th. She didn't mention the dates for processing but if anyone found out, like matty I need to do some rearranging with my schedule. Keep training guys cause January 5th is less than two months away.
    Around what list # are you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I am list # 186X. Completed everything so far except the psych. Just got off the phone with my investigator and she confirmed that I have been scheduled for the psych on Saturday, November 15th and that I would be recieving written confirmation shortly in the mail.
    Just opened my letter for the 15th, guys should be getting theirs today or tomorrow I guess.

Thread Information