Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default Fdny 6019

I highest list # appointed for the last class was 886

Just got my letter for the Psychological on November 15th.
    Has anyone had any luck in resheduling their psychologicals? I have another exam to take that same day
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 11-07-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Forum Member

just got my letter too. Nov 15th at 8:15

MembersZone Subscriber

Received the DCAS CPAT Letter today.

Mon 17th 3PM
    Weds 19th 3PM
    Fri 21st 11AM

# 20xx

Forum Member

Default Notice of result

I received a notice of result from DCAS in the mail this afternoon. It just said "Congratulations. You have passed the qualifying physical test.'"

I just thought it was weird for them to send this out. I took and passed my CPAT back in April. I was just curious to see if anyone else had also received one of these. NO big deal.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    I received a notice of result from DCAS in the mail this afternoon. It just said "Congratulations. You have passed the qualifying physical test.'"

I just thought it was weird for them to send this out. I took and passed my CPAT back in April. I was just curious to see if anyone else had also received one of these. NO big deal.
    Same deal with me i did all my stuff back in April with the people who went in the July class and i'm just getting the same notice. Guess this means we're on deck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post

never got one of those, what a waste of city money they pay to print those out and mail them and they cant even do it in a somewhat timely manner. instead of cutting money from pd and fd budgets they should get rid of dcas and replace the whole agency with trained chimps, it would probably run just as smooth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    never got one of those, what a waste of city money they pay to print those out and mail them and they cant even do it in a somewhat timely manner. instead of cutting money from pd and fd budgets they should get rid of dcas and replace the whole agency with trained chimps, it would probably run just as smooth.
    I thought they already had a bunch of chimps working there? Sorry I had to, lol.

Got a psych letter too.

Forum Member

Damn waste... I like your chimp comment. That's so funny.. I totally agree.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Over the past 24 hours the next class has been postponed and then decided to go ahead with it at a reduced head count of 100.

By Friday of next week, who knows what will be decided.

This much is sure, you won't hear it from me!

Forum Member

Only 100 candidates for the next academy? I thought they only reduced the class duration from 23 weeks to 18 weeks. All this news is not good for my heart! @.@
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Only 100 candidates for the next academy? I thought they only reduced the class duration from 23 weeks to 18 weeks. All this news is not good for my heart! @.@
    Your heart will be fine, as long as you keep running... =)

It's a joke, don't take offense to my comment. We're all nervous about the current situation. We'll know for sure when those run letters come in. At that point, when we go for the run in December, we'll hear from the staff at the Rock and maybe they can shed some light on this whole ordeal. Stay strong and keep the faith.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Post WhO KnOwS

lol Scoppetta just got finished saying no changes in department hiring now we hear this...just got to wait it out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Over the past 24 hours the next class has been postponed and then decided to go ahead with it at a reduced head count of 100.

can you tell us where you heard this from?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

thats not good

Forum Member

okay, where did you find this information? i can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet or the news.
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Haha, no offense taken Cuzzz. I was just surprised because I spoke to my investigator yesterday afternoon, and he said I was good to go. Now after hearing Calm's post above, I'm getting a little nervous as is everyone else on this forum. And yea, we should all have a clearer picture once we get our letters. I'm just counting down the days until then. lol.

Forum Member

I believe CalmB4 is referring to all of the rumors and speculation that has been going on here lately. If you follow this forum daily,as I do, it is enough to make your head spin. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and relax.

Please realize that no matter what anyone says, including your investigator, nothing is guaranteed until we get that letter to report for the run, pass the run,show up and live through day 1 of the academy, and continue to do so for however long they run the academy be it 18 or 23 weeks.

We are all in the same boat here. I understand people are nervous but let's just try to remain positive, stay focused, and when the time comes be ready. That's all anybody can do. Worrying about all of this will just eat you up.

I have been following this forum for a while (never posted) and a lot of good info has been posted on here. Let's not have it turn into a rumor mill with all the B.S. I don't mean to preach, just my two cents worth.

Forum Member

100???? Where is this rumor coming from??

Forum Member

Default FDNY class

is that suppose to be a joke?

Forum Member

i think or at least i hope what calm meant is that those are all rumors floating around the thread and not to be taken seriously but when he says something its the truth.......at least thats what i hope

Forum Member

I just read a farewell message from Calm in the 2008 thread. What's going on?? Why the sudden goodbye (at least to us)???? Where are you going?????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I just read a farewell message from Calm in the 2008 thread. What's going on?? Why the sudden goodbye (at least to us)???? Where are you going?????
    maybe he will no longer be instructing at the academy, if its a 100 per class now they would need less instructors. Suddenly the academy doesn't seem so close for me.

Forum Member

maybe he will no longer be instructing at the academy, if its a 100 per class now they would need less instructors. Suddenly the academy doesn't seem so close for me.

Or it could simply mean that his time instructing is done for this class being that they are in the last couple months. Hopefully he'll let us know.....

Forum Member

Damn, I'm sad to hear that. He's been so helpful to us throughout the past couple of years...

Forum Member

Default fdny

so the next class is only going to have 100 recruits?

Thread Information