Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 618 FirstFirst ... 65696103104105106107108109116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post

Thats how I understand it, could be wrong? maybe Bam or Calm can add

I'd worry about getting through the processing, passing the run, surviving the 23 week training and then getting through 6 more months of probation in your company. By that time all these questions will be answered.

Forum Member

anyone here recieve something from FDNY for sept 19th at the rock , and nothing from DCAS about the two dates at Long island city for the cpat Orientation?
    Also does anyone know how were supposed to dress for both events ?

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    anyone here recieve something from FDNY for sept 19th at the rock , and nothing from DCAS about the two dates at Long island city for the cpat Orientation?
    Go in sweatpants and t-shirt.. As the weather gets cooler, you can go in Long sleeve shirts.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

I am in the same boat...

I received the FDNY letter for the orientation on the 19th.....haven't heard anything from DCAS yet though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    I am in the same boat...

I received the FDNY letter for the orientation on the 19th.....haven't heard anything from DCAS yet though
    do yourself a favor and call the DCAS and explain to them your situation ....i called and spoke to a guy who looked me up in his system and he said i should have recieved something, so he gave me my dates and said to just go and they will have my name down on thier roster sheet .....the same crap happend to me when we were taking the written , i never recievd my card so i had to go all the way down DCAS to pick it up 2 days before the written, long story short , it was in my mailbox the next day (The day before the test) It goes to show you how They work down there! you goota watch your *****

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Go in sweatpants and t-shirt.. As the weather gets cooler, you can go in Long sleeve shirts.
    go in sweatpants to the ROCK and to Long Island City?

Forum Member

go in sweatpants to the ROCK and to Long Island City?
    Hey GR6019. You have to wear long pants if you want to try out the tunnel at the CPAT orientation. They won't let you crawl in unless you have long pants. As for the training sessions at Randalls, you can wear shorts if you'd like.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    I dont know what a kelly system is but, you get assigned a group # and from that you work off the "chart", You have a calender that basically tells you what days and tours your working for the entire year ,there is 2 tours 9am -6pm day and 6pm to 9am night, you get to leave when you get relieved , guys usually come into work 2 hours early, you can work 24's or straigh tours, you also get a 24 partner that you can swap tours with, you can do Mutual Exchanges and have another guy in your house(preferably) work for you and you can also pick up other guys tours, you keep a notebook of when you worked for a guy with the date and everything so that you know what tours you owe and who owes you tours. Works out younger guys might want off for the weekend, Older guys with side jobs/kids might want off during middle of the week etc,
    work 2 days on - 2 days off , Work 2 nights on - 3 days off.
    If you get assigned to a house with a lot of guys, you will probably have double groups. which kills OT and when they have surplus in manpower you could be 5th man engine, or get detailed to another house that is short a man, sometimes you go out of battallion or out of borough, which I hear is good as a probie, get to work in a different area, you get treated as a guest , free meal, no chores etc but you have to get yourself there
    That about covers most of it.

In a nutshell: two tours (not shifts)
    9x6 (9am to 6pm)
    6x9 (6pm to 9am the next day)
    Work two 9x's one or two days off
    Work two 6x's then three sometimes four days off.

(Groups, charts, mutuals, 5 man engines, details, Roster tours, etc.) Those are all details that will definitely be covered during your probationary time.

I will address details real quick though: Yes, you are treated as a guest when you get detailed to another house. But you are a representative of your firehouse. Don't just disappear into the tv room while you are there. Help out with whatever you can; meal, cleaning. You'll usually be shooed away, but the effort you make to help is noted. Plus the meal on a detail is usually not free.

Sweatpants sure sound appealing today don't they? 90F

Forum Member

took my psych on sat, do they call you in for another appointment or should that be the last i have to deal with psych exams?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    took my psych on sat, do they call you in for another appointment or should that be the last i have to deal with psych exams?
    From what I have heard you will not hear anything unless there is a problem. About what list # are you? I still haven't gotten anything for psych yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    From what I have heard you will not hear anything unless there is a problem. About what list # are you? I still haven't gotten anything for psych yet.
    mid 1400's

Forum Member

For the eye exam portion, is it just the normal reading the letters off the chart with the big E on top, or is it more in depth than that?

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post
    For the eye exam portion, is it just the normal reading the letters off the chart with the big E on top, or is it more in depth than that?

Thanks
    It's more than that. You put your eyes up to a pair of lenses attached to a machine and it measures depth perception while you have to read off different sets of letters and differentiate between them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey all,
    I have seen that they are starting to call for medicals for people in the 1700's. Any one in the 1800s hear anything?

upper 18xxs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    It's more than that. You put your eyes up to a pair of lenses attached to a machine and it measures depth perception while you have to read off different sets of letters and differentiate between them.
    And more than that....

Color perception, peripheral vision are also checked.

Forum Member

for the DCAS orientation on sept 22nd, 23rd, for the CPAT, are they just showing us what the test is? OR are we running through it, so I should wear sweatpants and running shoes?

Forum Member

Default cpat orientation

maples,
    they let you run through the test stage by stage if you want to , you can wear whatever you want but if you want to crawl through the tunnel you have to wear pants, they will not let you do it in shorts.
    -good luck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by maples View Post
    for the DCAS orientation on sept 22nd, 23rd, for the CPAT, are they just showing us what the test is? OR are we running through it, so I should wear sweatpants and running shoes?
    Hey maples. They'll give you a chance to try out each event. You can wear shorts if you'd like, but if you want to try out the tunnel they'll require you to wear long pants. I figure they don't want anyone getting scrapes and what not and bleeding inside the tunnel.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

thanks for the info.

Forum Member

Anyone in the 1800's get anything for the medical yet?

Thread Information