Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I just read a farewell message from Calm in the 2008 thread. What's going on?? Why the sudden goodbye (at least to us)???? Where are you going?????
    It sounds like Calm is either going back to a house or retiring. I will go with the latter. Too bad we will not get a chance to meet him.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

either way, i'd like to think that someone will call their investigator first thing tomorrow morning to get the scoop from them.

i know you guys all love my ratios on who will be hired but they should theoretically get up to #1,280 for a 100 man class, based on the factor that they went through to get class 2-08.

this would also make sense based on what guys in the 1800's were saying about their chances of getting in, as far as the ratio of guys who were going to get hired goes anyways.

but as they say in the financial world "past performance does not guarantee future results"
    Last edited by SleepyHollow; 11-09-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: wanted to add some more

Forum Member

cuzz. I got my dcas letter yesteday saying that i passed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    cuzz. I got my dcas letter yesteday saying that i passed.
    I really don't understand why they're doing that. Such a waste of money.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

me neither. I think we would know that we passed since we have continued on in the processing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalmB4Storm View Post
    Over the past 24 hours the next class has been postponed and then decided to go ahead with it at a reduced head count of 100.

By Friday of next week, who knows what will be decided.

This much is sure, you won't hear it from me!

"reduced head count of 100" could quite possibly mean less 100 than previously thought. So 200 then. We'll know everything by january i guess....

Forum Member

Ant,

Check your PM.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

I hope your ratio is right Sleepy

Forum Member

Hey, Cuzzz. Yea, I just read that he's retiring.... It's unfortunate that we won't get the chance to meet/learn from him. I was really looking forward to meeting him and thanking him in person for all the kind advice he's posted on this board. I'll just take a moment here to thank him for all he's done for us. Thank you Lieutenant for all your insight, and I will hopefully get the chance to meet you on the Rock if/when I get in (hopefully you'll come visit). Thank you again!

P.S. Let's all pray that they'll go with the regular 300 candidates for the January class. =)
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey, Cuzzz. Yea, I just read that he's retiring.... It's unfortunate that we won't get the chance to meet/learn from him. I was really looking forward to meeting him and thanking him in person for all the kind advice he's posted on this board. I'll just take a moment here to thank him for all he's done for us. Thank you Lieutenant for all your insight, and I will hopefully get the chance to meet you on the Rock if/when I get in (hopefully you'll come visit). Thank you again!

P.S. Let's all pray that they'll go with the regular 300 candidates for the January class. =)
    I second that...
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Cuzzz i just got a letter say i passed the physical too. I also took it back in April, guess that means were ok for the next step.

Forum Member

What 2008 thread did you read this on?

Forum Member

Default Fdny

Has anyone had any luck in resheuling their psych or know anyone who has resheduled it? I have another civil service exam on the same day as the psych and I am hoping I can get an alternate date.

Forum Member

Default 100?

i also read that there is "supposed" to be 100 in the next class on the fdny rant. Keep training don't get discouraged although at times it is difficult. Stay focused be prepared anything can happen from now to jan good or bad.

Forum Member

Where is this 100 Probies coming from??? What is the Sorce???

Forum Member

Hey, FDNYUSMC. The news came from Calm, and everyone here is praying that it isn't true...
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Default Cpat

I know I'm farther behind than everyone else, but I'm sitting at 20XX. (close to 2100) and I was wondering if anyone else close to me got their letter for the CPAT. I just can't get a hold of my investigator. I think if I leave him one more message its legally harassment. anyway, could anyone let me know? I might be out of town and I don't want to be out of the game this early. thanks and good luck to everybody. stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maples,

I got my CPAT info on Friday. It's next week. I was scheduled for Mon/Weds @ 3pm and Friday at 11am. I am likely going to have to reschedule for the next CPAT administration in the Spring. Theres a phone number listed on the Notice to do this.

Hope that helps.

My list # is 20xx

Quote Originally Posted by maples View Post
    I know I'm farther behind than everyone else, but I'm sitting at 20XX. (close to 2100) and I was wondering if anyone else close to me got their letter for the CPAT. I just can't get a hold of my investigator. I think if I leave him one more message its legally harassment. anyway, could anyone let me know? I might be out of town and I don't want to be out of the game this early. thanks and good luck to everybody. stay safe.
    Last edited by jremNY; 11-10-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added list #

Forum Member

So did anybody speak to their investigator or somebody in the loop about the size of the next class?

Forum Member

talked to mine less than a week ago, but before all these new developments, hopefully someone called today or tomorrow

Forum Member

Cool

i called my investigator today and she said they are waiting for the psych results. Candidates that took the test on 9/13 are "Pending" until the medical dept puts in the info.
    She wouldn't give me any straight answer about the january class and told me to call back wednesday.
    -12xx

Forum Member

Thumbs up 300?

i also just heard from a candidate in another forum, that he contacted his investigator on wednesday. He confirmed that the academy is down to 18 weeks but said the total to go in is 300!

Forum Member

I spoke to my investigator today about my medical. while i was on the phone with her i tried to feel her out without asking directly. she said canidates within my list range are on schedual for January. Take it for what its worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiend455 View Post
    i also just heard from a candidate in another forum, that he contacted his investigator on wednesday. He confirmed that the academy is down to 18 weeks but said the total to go in is 300!
    Also called downtown today confirmed highest list number to get packet is 2121.

sitting at 33xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    talked to mine less than a week ago, but before all these new developments, hopefully someone called today or tomorrow
    Yeah, I spoke to my investigator last Thurs so I am gonna have to give it at least a week or two before I go calling up again. I don't want to call up every time I hear a rumor on an internet forum. Hopefully someone on here will get the latest news from someone at metrotech and share it with the board.

Thread Information