Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 618 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

how many times can you defer your entry into the academy? not that i'm in that position or that i would ever defer but i know a lot of people who have or are going to have to defer when they get called.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Default how it happens

Hi im list #2500 I called up the fdny investigations unit and they told me that they are up to list #2100 and I should recieve notice soon what happens next in order from now till possible class...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    That would be one helluva copy and paste project using the "quote" button.

Here you go skeezix: Click here
    there you go kings

Forum Member

[QUOTE=SurferP;989320]how many times can you defer your entry into the academy? not that i'm in that position or that i would ever defer but i know a lot of people who have or are going to have to defer when they get called.[/QUOTE. Until the list expires which means the last academy class off 6019.
    Last edited by exam6019; 09-17-2008 at 05:23 PM.

Forum Member

anyone else going to the info class tonight at the Rock? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no walking on the sidewalks?

Forum Member

Brand new to F. Forums. Got a couple million questions if anyone can shed some light....

I took and passed all my exams already (Written, Physical, Psych, Med, ect.). I have all my info handed in and with any luck I'll be called for January's class.

-First of all.....when will they let me know about the run before the academy starts? The guys in the previous class were scheduled for their run only two weeks before they started the academy. But at the same time, they were the 1st class from the list and they had a deadline to get the class assembled in time for the prescheduled start date. I'm wondering if they will let my potential class know earlier, due to the increased amount of time before the academy's next class is scheduled to start(approx. 4 months).

-Next....Is it in fact, only the ~12 min./1.5 mile run scheduled for that particular date? as I have also heard rumors of another Stair/Heart Monitor test accompanied by an additional push-up/pull-up/sit-up test.

-Finally...Anyone know anything about the schedule in regards to the academy? What time do you go in and leave approx.? Any weeks off during the 6 Months? Is it true that you are not allowed to work another job while in the academy/as a probie? And can you really not work 24s as a probie? That would blow....

Thanks in advance. I'm sure everyone is either curious about these things or will be in the near future. Good luck to all once again. Sorry so long.

Alt-2-5-1

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RosieE63 View Post
    Brand new to F. Forums. Got a couple million questions if anyone can shed some light....

I took and passed all my exams already (Written, Physical, Psych, Med, ect.). I have all my info handed in and with any luck I'll be called for January's class.

-First of all.....when will they let me know about the run before the academy starts? The guys in the previous class were scheduled for their run only two weeks before they started the academy. But at the same time, they were the 1st class from the list and they had a deadline to get the class assembled in time for the prescheduled start date. I'm wondering if they will let my potential class know earlier, due to the increased amount of time before the academy's next class is scheduled to start(approx. 4 months).

-Next....Is it in fact, only the ~12 min./1.5 mile run scheduled for that particular date? as I have also heard rumors of another Stair/Heart Monitor test accompanied by an additional push-up/pull-up/sit-up test.

-Finally...Anyone know anything about the schedule in regards to the academy? What time do you go in and leave approx.? Any weeks off during the 6 Months? Is it true that you are not allowed to work another job while in the academy/as a probie? And can you really not work 24s as a probie? That would blow....

Thanks in advance. I'm sure everyone is either curious about these things or will be in the near future. Good luck to all once again. Sorry so long.
    how do you know you passed your psych and med, did anybody tell you this or are you just assuming?

Forum Member

Default Dcas Orientation

Guys i just went to the rock tonight for the 1st time ever....

Amazing place.

I had the the FDNY administered CPAT orientation. I spoke to a lot of the other recruits and it seems like almost everyone was scheduled to have the DCAS orientation on the 22nd and 23rd.

My problem is that i never received a letter from DCAS. What if i am supposed to be there Monday morning. I wanna call DCAS tomorrow but they will be closed. I guess if anyone knows the times that it starts and where it's located I will just show up on monday. I got work on monday but guess i'll just have to have a "sick" day.

If anyone has any info about these DCAS session please let me know. Thanks fellas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Guys i just went to the rock tonight for the 1st time ever....

Amazing place.

I had the the FDNY administered CPAT orientation. I spoke to a lot of the other recruits and it seems like almost everyone was scheduled to have the DCAS orientation on the 22nd and 23rd.

My problem is that i never received a letter from DCAS. What if i am supposed to be there Monday morning. I wanna call DCAS tomorrow but they will be closed. I guess if anyone knows the times that it starts and where it's located I will just show up on monday. I got work on monday but guess i'll just have to have a "sick" day.

If anyone has any info about these DCAS session please let me know. Thanks fellas
    monday 8am you should go to LONG ISLAND CITY .....I have the same problem with no letter from dcas but i spoke to someone and he told me to just go and my name will be on the roster.....they explanied all this ,this evening at the rock...where were you sitting?

Forum Member

I believe the sessions for the orientation are 0800 and 1300. I had mine 1300, but 0800 would probably be the safest bet. And remember to show up early.

Once again and sorry for posting this so much, but for anyone in the 1800s and above, PLEASE post and let us know if you received a letter for the medical. I am currently out of the country (Canada) and need to know if I may be getting the letter in and need to come back early. List number 183x.

Good luck everyone!

Forum Member

CoooGY, to ease your pain alittle ill tell you what i have heard from a reliable sorce. So far I have heard that they are having troble getting enough people for this January class. I'm not really sure if i want to belive it or not. I would imagine everyone up to 2100 will probably be getting either a letter for the psych or the medical within the near future so they have enough for the class. The waiting sucks but you just be patient and keep training.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    CoooGY, to ease your pain alittle ill tell you what i have heard from a reliable sorce. So far I have heard that they are having troble getting enough people for this January class. I'm not really sure if i want to belive it or not. I would imagine everyone up to 2100 will probably be getting either a letter for the psych or the medical within the near future so they have enough for the class. The waiting sucks but you just be patient and keep training.
    Everyone up to 22xx is being processed as if they are going in Jan, doesn't mean that they will be.

Forum Member

Im just saying thats what i have heard. thats all.

Forum Member

yea just because your in the batch getting processed for Jan dont get your hopes up I was processed for July and didnt get called

Forum Member

FDNYUSMC: Thanks for the reply, I really hope you are right about that. I am praying I will make the January class. I just don't want to miss anything in the mail and get thrown off the list.

I already know I have a longshot of making it for January. Just trying to keep the faith.

Forum Member

Gentlemen, believe me i know nothing is a garentee when your dealing with the city. im not trying to get anyone upset.

Forum Member

Default Breathing Techniques

Any good tips for breathing techniques to lower you heart rate while on the step mill?

in through your nose, out through your mouth, as deep and slow as you can do it

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    in through your nose, out through your mouth, as deep and slow as you can do it
    nailed it.

Thread Information