Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 618 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #2141
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Got the med letter today, Thursday 6:45am sharp. Just wondering, did anyone get a slot for Tuesday or Wednesday?


  2. #2142
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    monday 8am you should go to LONG ISLAND CITY .....I have the same problem with no letter from dcas but i spoke to someone and he told me to just go and my name will be on the roster.....they explanied all this ,this evening at the rock...where were you sitting?
    Well i'm just gonna go on monday at 8am then. These DCAS things are mandatory right? Do we have to go to both days or can we just go to one of them? And if someone can give me the address that would be awesome since i never got the piece of mail. I have no clue where to go. Its a shame that an important thing like that can get lost in the mail or never mailed out. I guess thats the city for ya. Thanks guys

  3. #2143
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    BowHunter. Where are you coming from?

  4. #2144
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coooGy View Post
    Got the med letter today, Thursday 6:45am sharp. Just wondering, did anyone get a slot for Tuesday or Wednesday?
    I told you. See

  5. #2145
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    BowHunter. Where are you coming from?
    i'm coming from westchester

  6. #2146
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Well i'm just gonna go on monday at 8am then. These DCAS things are mandatory right? Do we have to go to both days or can we just go to one of them? And if someone can give me the address that would be awesome since i never got the piece of mail. I have no clue where to go. Its a shame that an important thing like that can get lost in the mail or never mailed out. I guess thats the city for ya. Thanks guys
    A Real shame! What ive decided to do now as a rule of thumb is to call the DCAS on a weekly basis to see if anything was supposed to be sent to me, this way i can sleep at night! The address that you require I belive is 4311 34th street LI City NY,11101 PLEASE ANYONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!!

  7. #2147
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    I know some people are throwing out 0800 hrs, but my report time is at 0900 tomorrow in L.I.C.

    You only need to attend one of the two sessions.

    I think there is an exception to this, but you would have to fill out some waivers from DCAS.

  8. #2148
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default Long Island City

    Since I never received anything in the mail is there anything that I need to bring?

    Any doctor's clearance forms? I had my doc clear me to participate in the FDNY one on this past friday, but since i never received anything from DCAS i am just showing up.

    I should def show up for this right? Or should i wait and call DCAS on monday and then maybe they will just tell me to come on tuesday?

  9. #2149
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Since I never received anything in the mail is there anything that I need to bring?

    Any doctor's clearance forms? I had my doc clear me to participate in the FDNY one on this past friday, but since i never received anything from DCAS i am just showing up.

    I should def show up for this right? Or should i wait and call DCAS on monday and then maybe they will just tell me to come on tuesday?
    i would definately show up .........definatley!

  10. #2150
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Question for anyone who may have already gone to the DCAS CPAT Orientation in LIC...

    Can you bring a bag (backpack) with you and approximately how long did the entire orientation last?

    Thanks

  11. #2151
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    Since I never received anything in the mail is there anything that I need to bring?

    Any doctor's clearance forms? I had my doc clear me to participate in the FDNY one on this past friday, but since i never received anything from DCAS i am just showing up.

    I should def show up for this right? Or should i wait and call DCAS on monday and then maybe they will just tell me to come on tuesday?

    No doctor clearance forms. I would definately show up if I were you, no harm in that, and also better to be safe then sorry. Worse they'll do is turn you around and tell you to come back another day but I doubt they'd do that. But then again I could be wrong.

    They are supposed to collect and have you sign and they initial the letter for the CPAT orientation, so I don't know what they will do about that.




    Quote Originally Posted by jremNY
    Question for anyone who may have already gone to the DCAS CPAT Orientation in LIC...

    Can you bring a bag (backpack) with you and approximately how long did the entire orientation last?

    Thanks
    You can bring a backpack. Wear exercise clothing with long pants if you want to try the search event. I was out in about two hours.

  12. #2152
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    233

    Default Vest

    Hey fellas, a bunch of the guys who are currently in the july class have been nice enough to offer the january guys the use of their weighted vests to get ready for the academy. I wasnt lucky/fast enough to get one of those, so...anybody else out there got one and wouldnt mind lending it out?

    I'll even split the cost with you if i can use it for the next three months and ill meet you wherever/whenever is convenient? Wouldnt mind saving a few bucks. Anybody interested in splitting the vest, pm me.

    Thanks again,
    114X

  13. #2153
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Word from one of the monitor's in LIC is week of Nov 17-21 for the Two Practice Runs and the Final Run for the DCAS CPAT.

  14. #2154
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    174

    Default

    If one were to be disqualified during the background investigation for any reason, would they be notified by mail or by phone? Or would they just be marked as such at headquarters and just have to figure it out when a letter never comes their way?

  15. #2155
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    14

    Question

    I heard from someone that you can not exceed a certain percent body fat to pass the medical. If this is true, can anybody tell me the exact number?
    -Thanks

  16. #2156
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajabiggs View Post
    I heard from someone that you can not exceed a certain percent body fat to pass the medical. If this is true, can anybody tell me the exact number?
    -Thanks
    I have another question about the medical....

    Will they fail you if you are under or over weight in relation to your height????

    I am a thin guy and tall.....def slim, but not overly skinny.........I consider myself strong for my weight........just don't wanna fail because i am a pound or two light for my height.

  17. #2157
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BowHunter82 View Post
    I have another question about the medical....

    Will they fail you if you are under or over weight in relation to your height????

    I am a thin guy and tall.....def slim, but not overly skinny.........I consider myself strong for my weight........just don't wanna fail because i am a pound or two light for my height.
    Not sure , but what you can do is jam some stuff in your pockets i guess if your unsure about your weight...dont know what they actually do to weigh you in...good luck

  18. #2158
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajabiggs View Post
    I heard from someone that you can not exceed a certain percent body fat to pass the medical. If this is true, can anybody tell me the exact number?
    -Thanks
    it goes by your body mass index....what they do is ,they measure your wrist and by the size of your wrist and your height , your weight is determined...atleast this is what i was told...i could be wrong....like the DI said the other night at the rock "If you take all your clothes off and jump up and down , and $hit is still moving when your done jumping...you need to loose some weight!'' LOL<----i found that kind of funny...good luck dude

  19. #2159
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    so i was watching the news last nite and saw some good news and bad news (but more good i think) due to the crappy economy mayor bloomberg intends to raise taxes but not freeze any city hiring he said specifically police, fire etc. did anyone else happen to catch that?

  20. #2160
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    it goes by your body mass index....what they do is ,they measure your wrist and by the size of your wrist and your height , your weight is determined...atleast this is what i was told...i could be wrong....like the DI said the other night at the rock "If you take all your clothes off and jump up and down , and $hit is still moving when your done jumping...you need to loose some weight!'' LOL<----i found that kind of funny...good luck dude
    they have the weights predetermined on a scale. Ill try and find it because some1 posted the chart. I do not think you can be under unless the doctor tells you something but if your over you will most likely fail the stairs and then the doctor will make you get down to a certain weight by the time you retake the stairs. At lest that is what happened to one guy when I did the stairs my second try

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts