Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply FDNYUSMC. Let's all hope and pray that the Jan. class is 300.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiend455 View Post
    well i hope they both heard wrong, and at #886 i hope i get in the next class.
    -12xx
    You shouldn't be worried fiend, if they got to 886 just to get the 300 or so that went into the Jan academy and those were the people that did the best on the written then i'm guessing as they go further down the list looking for candidates the number of non-eligibles they go thru will only get greater, even if they are only looking for 200 or so. Keep training and thinking positive and we'll get there.

10xx
    Last edited by I3akdraf; 11-16-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Forum Member

No Prob. You and I are in the same # range so lets hope that the 100 rumor is wrong.

Forum Member

Every instructor in the academy has told us something a little bit different than someone else in terms of:
    length of the next academy
    amount of people in the next academy
    future of the list

So take everything, i mean EVERYTHING with a grain of salt no matter who it comes from. No one does it maliciously, so don't think that instructors or other probies are bad guys because they tell yo something that doesn't happen, but there are rumors all over the place.

Forum Member

In regards to vets points, I didn't take the last exam, too young, but was wondering must you be deployed to a forward area, ie Iraq, Afgan or just serve during the current mission, I have heard both? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    In regards to vets points, I didn't take the last exam, too young, but was wondering must you be deployed to a forward area, ie Iraq, Afgan or just serve during the current mission, I have heard both? Thanks
    In order for you to be get Vet points, you need to have either an expiditionary medal(Global War on Terrorism Expidtionary Medal) or Iraq/Afganistan Campaign Medal. That will be indcated on your DD-214. If all you have is the Global War on Terrorism SERVICE medal, you do not rate vet points. You must serve in a foward area.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    You shouldn't be worried fiend, if they got to 886 just to get the 300 or so that went into the Jan academy and those were the people that did the best on the written then i'm guessing as they go further down the list looking for candidates the number of non-eligibles they go thru will only get greater, even if they are only looking for 200 or so. Keep training and thinking positive and we'll get there.

10xx
    yea im training and i'm trying to stay positive, but we all know how difficult that is nowadays. I must look like an *** whenever i'm feverishly looking through the mail box of my apt!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyfiend455 View Post
    yea im training and i'm trying to stay positive, but we all know how difficult that is nowadays. I must look like an *** whenever i'm feverishly looking through the mail box of my apt!
    Your killing me fiend. I'm 24xx's and still have faith I'm gonna make a class off of this list. I know your not saying you're worried that they won't reach you, but dammit. I haven't even gotten a packet yet. Your straight brother. Even if it were another 6 months. Which I really don't think it will be for you.....

Forum Member

Thanks FDNYUSMC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    In order for you to be get Vet points, you need to have either an expiditionary medal(Global War on Terrorism Expidtionary Medal) or Iraq/Afganistan Campaign Medal. That will be indcated on your DD-214. If all you have is the Global War on Terrorism SERVICE medal, you do not rate vet points. You must serve in a foward area.

i dont know,if thats necessarily the case i was in the coast guard and so was a friend of mine and he got vet points and is on the job and i was also told i was eligible as long as you have a honarble discharge on your dd-214

Forum Member

anyone get any run letter yet? when are they supposed to go out?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

mid 1400's here and no letter yet. I believe they should be sending them out this week. Anybody have any more info from there investigator about this?

Forum Member

yea, im between 1400-1450, nothing yet. At first they said they should be going out around nov. 17, then they said nov 22. didnt know if anyone heard anything else. its gonna be a long week and a half.haha
    List 14XX

I spoke to my investigator today and was told that my case is closed.

I asked if she had any new info on the class size and she told me that it it is still up in the air and i just have to wait and see if they reach my number. she told me letters are going out at the end of the month, she seemed real aggravated that i was even calling and asking.

im sitting in the high 1400s

i have a question though, if my number doesn't get called for january and my case is closed, do i just wait without talking to anyone at CID until letters for the next class go out?
    List 6019: High 1400's

Forum Member

Default Vet Points

You must have been awared an expidtionary or campaign medal. I know that to be 100% fact. Anybody could get a honorbale discharge. That is the way it was explained to me.

Forum Member

Hey Guys----

Is Dec 7th just the 1.5 mile run in under 12 mins? Is there also push-ups/situps/pull ups that day? I'm #18xx and my investigator told me today I should hear in the next week and half if I'd be in for Jan. Want to know what i'm in for on Dec 7th if I get the letter.

Thanks for the info.

Forum Member

i thought all you had to do to get veteran credits is be a veteran

Forum Member

i was awarded a hurricane katrina medal does that qualify?

Forum Member

I spoke with my investigator today and she told me that letters will go out next week not this week. I tried to pry info on how many candidates would get letters or a ballpark number on where they were, but i got nowhere. She also did say the run will be on Dec 7, as many of you have posted already.

Forum Member

For Hurricane Katrina you rate a humanitarian aid medal. You can be in the military during time of war and not be considered a vet. Thats why it is important to have an expiditonary or campaign medal. There are conflicts considered to be non major combat operatrions, but your still considered a vet. Mogadishu, Somolia, Bosnia, Granada, Panama, Etc.

Forum Member

I just passed my cpat......my list number is 20xx.....no chance of makin it in january....

so my question is....since the jan class is all but full and my number is very high, do you think they will continue to process the guys around my list number for the medicals and pschys?

Or just wait till the spring to do them just before the summer academy????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I spoke with my investigator today and she told me that letters will go out next week not this week. I tried to pry info on how many candidates would get letters or a ballpark number on where they were, but i got nowhere. She also did say the run will be on Dec 7, as many of you have posted already.
    Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking, what is your approximate list #?

Forum Member

I talked to CID today and they said that letters will be going out next week and when I asked about what list number they were sending out to, they said that they weren't sure of that yet. That only lead me to belive that they are waiting for final word on the class size b4 they send em out.

Forum Member

any one get a processing date?

Forum Member

fdnyusmc i dont really understand. although i was active duty for 4 years iam not considered an eligable vet? because i never fired a gun or been in a major campaign? i was under the impression that anybody who is realesed from AD or retires is considered a vet and entitled to certain things there after. i know the coast guard dosent get much respect from the other branches but you were a marine and trust me i respect the marine core and what you do immensely. but what if you were a marine stationed in say san diego all four years why is that marine not a veteran? and since i did my 4 years in the coast guard in puerto rico versus say afghanistan why am i not eligible we all took the same oath together at meps in fort hamilton to protect and uphold the constitution whether it be fighting terrorists overseas or busting drug runners in the carribean?

again i write this with all the respect to you and the marine core

Thread Information