Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    got my packet yesterday gotta go down to metrotech Feb 22nd...im in the 1100's

matty, can you send me a pm or email???, i'm in the 1100's and havent heard anything...
    Last edited by formerbuckeye; 02-12-2008 at 03:33 PM.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey for you guys who are going to the academy wondering about getting those numbers up, check out this thread.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=98277

Forum Member

what does everyone think of the cpat prep at the rock?

Forum Member

In case anyone cares, theres 157 (if I counted my retard fingers correctly) names for ems promo's taking med/psych updates this month.

Leaves a hell of a lot of slots...

Forum Member

Default ems promos

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    In case anyone cares, theres 157 (if I counted my retard fingers correctly) names for ems promo's taking med/psych updates this month.

Leaves a hell of a lot of slots...
    I am a bit confused about ems promos. lets say for example that all 157 make it all the way to academy. does that mean for the next 4 years there will more or less be no ems promos taking up academy slots. how does this generally work? sorry i could not figure out a better way to phrase my question

love
    chuck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    what does everyone think of the cpat prep at the rock?
    what do they do at the prep classes

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ems Promo

Talking to an EMS guy in my CPAT prep class and he seems to think that FDNY EMS will not allow that many ems promos to go into one class. I guess a while back they promoted around 50 people from the EMS side and it depleted their man/women power so much that they had to bring half the people out of the academy and back to work for EMS. It caused huge problems and a lawsuit.

He said that the way it works is that DCAS may say 200 EMS promos are cleared for this academy. That is the max number that can be put into the academy but FDNY EMS has the opportunity to say no we cant give up that many only 50 can go.

The way he made it sound is that EMS could not survive loosing 150 people, they are understaffed as it is.

Not sure if this is true but it was the second time I had heard it so I thought I would pass it on. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Any one else hear this?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Talking to an EMS guy in my CPAT prep class and he seems to think that FDNY EMS will not allow that many ems promos to go into one class. I guess a while back they promoted around 50 people from the EMS side and it depleted their man/women power so much that they had to bring half the people out of the academy and back to work for EMS. It caused huge problems and a lawsuit.

He said that the way it works is that DCAS may say 200 EMS promos are cleared for this academy. That is the max number that can be put into the academy but FDNY EMS has the opportunity to say no we cant give up that many only 50 can go.

The way he made it sound is that EMS could not survive loosing 150 people, they are understaffed as it is.

Not sure if this is true but it was the second time I had heard it so I thought I would pass it on. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Any one else hear this?
    Yea, it was mentioned in the '06 thread a few times throughout.

Forum Member

Does anyone know the dates for the CPAT practice runs? Not the prep classes but the two practice runs they have been talking about prior to the actual CPAT? I want to get it out of the way ASAP.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Default 6019

Does anyone know the date for the first CPAT practice run? Not the prep but the practice event itself? Rumor has it that if you pass that you dont have to go on the CPAT day....
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Theyre scattered through the rest of february, starting next week.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    I am a bit confused about ems promos. lets say for example that all 157 make it all the way to academy. does that mean for the next 4 years there will more or less be no ems promos taking up academy slots. how does this generally work? sorry i could not figure out a better way to phrase my question

love
    chuck
    I thought I remember there being a promo test every 2 years...I can't find anything on the website or DCAS that says this though...maybe someone could chime in

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful View Post
    Hey everybody,
    I just got my investigation packet. For those that have already had the interview, what exactly did you bring for your selective service record?
    Thanks for the help ahead of time.
    Go to "www.sss.gov" and there's a huge icon that says "check a registration." click on that, enter your info-and I just printed out the page that listed the record-which they accepted.

Forum Member

Hey fellers. We seem to be getting a little clearer picture as to the timeline of events, so I was wondering if we could re-cap them in one spot to sort of mark what we know now:

-Background letters have gone out and dates are already known
    -DCAS CPAT orientation will start when and go to when? I've heard a few dates and was wondering what the latest was.
    -Med/Psych evals are beginning when?

I know much of this is conjecture and up to change, but I'd like a general idea. I'm thinking of trying to plan a last getaway, in case I'm fortunate enough to make academy 1, sometime before mid-July. I'm looking at late-May or early June, thinking that most of the stuff might be over by then. They just give such a short notice, I don't want to run the risk of having scheduling clash and losing out on money for reservations, as I would obviously pick the job over vacation.

It's kinda frustrating to know the stuff is out there and coming up, but not knowing if I'll get more than 2 weeks notice for any of it.

Thanks guys; I appreciate the info. Hope you all are doing well and getting everything together okay.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

Default CPAT sessions

Hi Ant, Skyline, and others!

Thanks for being so helpful with this stuff! I read through most of the thread, but still dont have an answer to one question i had, which others might have as well.

I have recieved the background investigation packet and am due on the 25th of feb for my interview, but there was no mention of a CPAT prep class or the med/psych evals in my packet. Clearly, others have started to train for the physical already, so im guessing that only candidates below a certain # were invited to the rock for this. Anyone able to confirm that this is the case? Im around 11XX, and know i should be crossing my fingers for the 2nd class, but i just wanted to check - this job means everything to me, as it does to you guys.

Secondly, when i received my interview/background investigation packet, there was mention of a medical exam (1 page outlining the step test and flexibility stuff), but no mention of what our heart rate limit would have to be. Im an amateur boxer and im in pretty good shape, but i want to test this out on a machine and be good and calm for the test.

If you guys know the answers to either of these questions, would love to hear back. Sure would be good to hear Lt. Cassiola's voice sooner than later, right fellas?

Forum Member

Default Sorry fellas!

As it turns out, i found a few answers way back on the thread:

225 or 220 - age x .9 for max heart rate on medical.

CPAT prep course for the top 1000.

Two classes coming up soon off 6019: june and january.

Hoping these are correct, anyone care to confirm as best they know?

Thanks!
    Drew

Forum Member

Whats up fellas...glad to see a thread out here...helps out alot..... im just wondering if anyone knows anything about the ticket thing? how far back do they want to know? and if anyone might know how far out i am from getting anything in the mail, my list # is in the low low 2000 range...thanks to anyone who has some helpful info and good luck keep your heads up and run hard!
    Last edited by GettinReady6019; 02-28-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Forum Member

They give the EMS promotional test to FF every 18 months, however emts must attain "civil service status" before being promoted, which takes around a year i believe, if they dont have it already. All they have to do is get a 70 on the test to get on.( EMS guy can get a 71 on the promo exam and be in the academy before a guy with a 103 on the open competitive)

I was surprised to see someone in the 1100's getting an investigation packet. Does that mean things are moving right along at that pace? How is everyone making out with investigations and the such?

I'm list number 1615 and I haven't seen anything as of last thursday. I'm upstate right now watching my little brother wrestle. I'm supposed to stay the week cause he wrestles in the state qualifier tournament next week. I'm thinking I might head home to look and make sure I'm not supposed to show up anytime soon.

Just curious, could I call DCAS to see if they had sent a packet or if I'm scheduled anytime soon? I saw the 22nd for the one guy in the 1100's and that makes me nervous. I would call home, but my I live with my uncle and he's in Florida for business.

Stay Safe everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    ( EMS guy can get a 71 on the promo exam and be in the academy before a guy with a 103 on the open competitive)

And so can an EMS guy who gets 100% on the promo???? Well I guess that guy dosnt deserve it.

Forum Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info red2117

Shawshank

Default Will I hear something soon?

Whats up folks on the 6019 list. I am in the 2000 range on the list with a score of 97.777678. (or something close to that) Does anyone have any type of estimation on when I could be doing my c-pat???? I'm not really farmiliar on the time frame of this process. Maybe I need to stop taken so many exams. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa View Post
    And so can an EMS guy who gets 100% on the promo???? Well I guess that guy dosnt deserve it.
    I'm not voicing an opinion, just stating facts and a scenario

Default Packet

I still have not received a packet, is there any way of finding out what is going on or do I just have to wait?

Forum Member

I heard some numbers the other day, think about them what you will:

Regarding first-day physical testing, we all know to anticipate having to do some pull ups. Apparently 60% of the new (current) class was unable to reach the required FOUR pullups. 25% of the class, couldnt do ONE.

That leaves 15% meeting the minimum requirement for the exercise... Which group are you going to be part of??

Thread Information