Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

The most common usage is for former armed services personnel. A veteran is one who has served in the armed forces, but usually not someone who had a dishonorable discharge. It is especially applied to those who served for an entire career, usually of 20 years or more, but may be applied for someone who has only served one tour of duty. A common misconception is that one had to have either been in combat and/or has retired from active duty to be called a military veteran

i found this on wikipedia so who knows if its legit

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    any one get a processing date?
    Hi, Matt. Which processing date are you referring to? We're still waiting for the letter for the run.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Myles, i could very well be wrong. But thats how the Vet points was explained to me. Believe me when i tell you, i mean no bad will toward you or the the CG. I think anybody in the service should get vet points. I have a number for a lady down at DCAS. She is the military liason. I'm sure she could explain it better than i could. After all she should know what the rule is. I will PM the number to you tomorrow.

Forum Member

Default Fdny

December 7th---the 1 1/2 mile run

Is that the only day that they will be holding a run for the January 5th, 2009 class? I dont think they will have 300 plus people all running on the same day ( if they have a class of 300 that is). I took the psych on Saturday November 15th and all I have left is the run.

how did they do it for the july 2008 academy? was the run done all on the same day?
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 11-18-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Forum Member

This is straight from the NY State website...

Veterans eligible for the credits are those who:
    - were members of the Armed Forces of the United States;
    - served on active duty for other than training purposes in time of war;
    - were discharged honorably, released under honorable circumstances, or will be honorably discharged or released under honorable circumstances at the time of appointment; and
    - are residents of New York State at the time of application for appointment, promotion or retention, as the case may be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking, what is your approximate list #?
    I'm just passed 1000 on the list. I was part of that group of guys who took the CPAT, med and psych with the class that went in this July but didn't make it in with them.

Forum Member

Question

Hey Guys,

Is the run on Dec 7th only 1.5 mile run in under 12 mins or is it push ups/sit ups/pull ups too? I'm #18xx and keeping my fingers crossed, but I wanted to get an idea of what to expect on 12/7. Please let me know. Thanks for all the info on here so far.

Forum Member

Default training day

Hi fellas,

Im running late from practice this morning, so this is kinda short and incomplete, but i thought id throw it out there.

After the probies services today, i was thinking of running the course out at the rock. I was thinking around 6pm. And after that Im gonna hit up some planks/push ups/sit ups/pullups or maybe get a late lift in at NYSC.

Let me know, my number is 917-420-0573, and my name is Drew.

Domino123
    Firehouse.com Guest

I hate to do this to you guys, but I spoke to my investigator last night and she confirmed that the January class is being cut down to 100. I'm sitting at 15xx, so I won't be in it. Words can't explain how disappointing this is.

Forum Member

Default January Class

Hey guys Im new here,

I spoke with my Investigator yesterday around 4pm and, according to her the class should be between 100 and 200 candidates. The letters will be going out mid next week, and my # falls right on the breaking point...

I guess theres nothing left to do but wait it out. Hopefully this is the only class that theres any uncertainty about because I was stoked to get down to business at the rock.... as Im sure a lot of you were

#15xx

Forum Member

thanks fdny usmc and glycerin i guess ill just wait and see what happens. my number is 26## so who knows if ill even get a shot at the job

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    thanks fdny usmc and glycerin i guess ill just wait and see what happens. my number is 26## so who knows if ill even get a shot at the job

Keep your head up man. I'm in the same range at 24xx and I think we'll get our shot. Even if it"s in 2012, I have faith they'll reach us. All of the conditioning I have done, am doing, and will do will not be in vain. Rumors are just rumors unless they become reality....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post

Is that the only day that they will be holding a run for the January 5th, 2009 class? I dont think they will have 300 plus people all running on the same day ( if they have a class of 300 that is). I took the psych on Saturday November 15th and all I have left is the run.

how did they do it for the july 2008 academy? was the run done all on the same day?
    For the first class they did 50 guys at a time by list number on saturdays , i think one was also on a tuesday, thats all i can remember

Forum Member

FDNYUSMC could you also send me that number. Thanks.

Forum Member

Default FDNY Psych

How long does it take to find out your results for the psych? Did anyone on here get called to take an oral psych after their intial written psych?

Forum Member

talked to my investigator today. Was told that the city is going to be cutting the class size for the next class down to 100-150. When I asked if they will reach my list # I was told probably not. My number is in the mid 1400's.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

This especially sucks because I was told twice by my investigator that I was definitely going to be in the January class, but this was before they found out about the reduced class size.

Good luck to all who are closer down the line than me, I guess I just gotta hope they have a class in June and that no lawsuits from the justice department go ****ing up anything for people who try to earn the job.

Forum Member

talked to my investigator today. Was told that the city is going to be cutting the class size for the next class down to 100-150. When I asked if they will reach my list # I was told probably not. My number is in the mid 1400's.

This especially sucks because I was told twice by my investigator that I was definitely going to be in the January class, but this was before they found out about the reduced class size.

Good luck to all who are closer down the line than me, I guess I just gotta hope they have a class in June and that no lawsuits from the justice department go ****ing up anything for people who try to earn the job.
    wow. first time this has come from an investigator. I'm right around your list #. guess I shouldn't give up hope until its official, but man, feel like I just got punched in the stomach

Forum Member

Thanks for the update.. If 150 is the number, then it's in line with what "Calm" had said about the staff at the Rock ordering 150 proby binders.

Good luck and keep your spirits high.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Just from what heard right now a friend called up spoke to a lady about 10 min ago and all's she said was she heard a rumor and she was was not sure if it was true or not. Sounds to me like no one is 100% sure yet. Some are coming back saying yes its reduced and some are coming back and saying not sure what they are doing. His list number was 13XX and she said his list number was fine. Really nothing could be determined right now, just keep training and cross your fingers.

Forum Member

Anyone in the Low 1200s who think theyll get hit for this possible reduced class. Im sitting low 1200s wondering if i got a shot for JAN.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Thanks for the update.. If 150 is the number, then it's in line with what "Calm" had said about the staff at the Rock ordering 150 proby binders.

Good luck and keep your spirits high.
    Yeah i forgot about when Calm said that, good point Cuzzz. Hopefully everyone on the bubble expecting to get in the Jan class makes it. This forum is like a bad addiction to alcohol. I know every time i use it i'm giving myself an ulcer but i can't stop using it.

Forum Member

Cool

Well, one thing is for certain, we will all find out whats going on by next week.
    The List #s in the 1300s and 1400s I would think are on the bubble.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Yeah i forgot about when Calm said that, good point Cuzzz. Hopefully everyone on the bubble expecting to get in the Jan class makes it. This forum is like a bad addiction to alcohol. I know every time i use it i'm giving myself an ulcer but i can't stop using it.

I agree. I'm getting queasy from reading all this...
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

As it looks right now, calm was right on the money when he said that they ordered 300 new binders, two for each proby, which would put the Jan. class at 150.

Hopefully they will go thru at least another 400 list numbers seeing that they went through 886 to get 300 for the previous class. I am sitting in the low 1200's and when I spoke to my investigator last week he said that I should be close, and he still wasn't sure when letters were going out. Take it for what it's worth as everyone seems to be hearing different things.

Keep your fingers crossed guys that there are no more surprises. It's gonna be a long week waiting by the mailbox. This Sh*t is killing me!

Forum Member

Default the run

the run will be done all in 1 day...they usually do 50 guys at a time so if there is 100 of you guys...they have 2 runs. for our class they did 4 runs for everyone on 1 day and held another day of runs for ems promos

Thread Information