Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 618 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Does anybody have any reliable information about the city possibly going into a hiring freeze. My list # was high 28xx and i was hoping for the jun 09 class.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything about a possible hiring freeze or the idea of smaller classes. My list # is high 28xx and I was hoping for the summer 09 class. Anyone with any information would be a great help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test6019 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about a possible hiring freeze or the idea of smaller classes. My list # is high 28xx and I was hoping for the summer 09 class. Anyone with any information would be a great help.
    to be honest i dont think theyll even come close to my number which is in the 26xx for june09...jan10 is more realistic... either way stay prepared

Forum Member

I've saw on this message board a couple weeks ago that they were trying to process up to 2200 for this january class.Anyone in the low 2000's hear anything about getting in for the jan 09 class

Forum Member

im in the 4400´s and i was hoping to go in july 2010 but with everthing that is happening now im not so sure about anything. If the list goes up to 2200 after two classes it is promising however, i guess we´ll just have to wait and see

Forum Member

Lightbulb future of 6019

This is only my opinion but take this for what its worth. Between the economy, blommbergs cuts, FDNY being well staffed now and common sense, its hard to see the dept.continuing hiring at the rate it has been for the last few years. Jan 09 class has already been projected to be 300 plus. I strongly feel future classes though will be only 200 plus. Calm has even stated attrition rate has slowed down and there's really no need to keep putting 300 plus class sizes in. Its really over kill to continue hiring at this rate. Hopefully the the hiring ratio will stay at least 3 : 1 if not higher. Again this is just my opinion. I hope whatever happens that we still all make it. 39xx.
    Last edited by exam6019; 09-27-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Forum Member

For those of you gearing up for January, I just wanted to pass along a few things that have come to my attention since our current class started...

No matter how well prepared you are coming in, regardless of how good you think youll be, what youre actually bringing to the table right now, would be considered huge if it even filled up one of your pockets.

Take every chance you get between then and now to tighten up everything you actually can control; get organized and be efficient with your time. Get used to going to bed early. Be in shape, with no injuries. Eat healthy and develop a thirst for water and diluted gatorade. Warn your girlfriend that youre going to be busier than ever for the first 6 months of the year.

You dont need to be putting all this together with everything thats about to be thrown at you. Its been said before, Ive read it myself. Maybe the reason it keeps coming back up though, is because its important.

Stretching a line, raising a ladder, just getting dressed right... how hard could it be? Youll be buried in the procedures. Then when you get the big stuff down, youll be amazed at just how tangled up you can get in the little details.

This assumes of course that your paying close attention; if youre not, you may just enjoy a blissful ignorance that keeps you from getting humbled every, single day. Youll never believe just how resilient your ego is, as often as youll find it getting checked.

Its challenging, no question about that. The grueling nature of the academy is only rivaled by the willingness and ability of the class to meet the demands placed on it. You get the option, the very first day when you raise your right hand, to either shoulder a fair share of the load, or to just go through the motions and leave your new brothers to pull you along too.

Dont. Be. That. Person.

The program can be one of the more torturous experience of your life, or one of the more fulfilling; again, its your option. Its definitely not for everyone.

If it is though, and you can take a few bites out of a 6 month long shlt sandwich, then no amount of pushups, or planks, or 'serpentine' is going to wipe that big retarded smile off your face when you wake up in the morning.

Just dont let the DI's see it.

We're 13 weeks in. Thats what Ive picked up since the start.

Good luck guys.

Thanks for the info Skyline.

On a side note, anyone think they are going to be in the January class interested in rooming together?

I'm in a good spot in Brooklyn now, and one of the roomies I live with is moving out in December sometime.

I was thinking of heading up to the Bronx to make the commute easier if the right place can be found.

Either way if you are interested shoot me a PM.

Forum Member

Exactly what Skyline said.

If you aren't a ballbag, you'll begin realizing one of the most important things of this job:

It is bigger than you are. Much, much, much bigger.

If you don't quite understand what that means, you will. If you are the type of person that doesn't get it and doesn't think you'll feel that way, pass on the job and go somewhere else. This job isn't about you.

Good luck to you all. You're on the threshold of what, quite possibly besides family, will be the beginning of one of the greatest things in your life.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

all this talk of hiring freezes and small classes happens every 4 years after the tests. the FDNY will ALWAYS need more people. The classes will be around 300 for the duration of this list, yes even with the budget cuts. This is all according to my sources, which so far have been reliable.
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

Forum Member

Ok this is probably a little premature but ive been hearing that the january class is going in with 300 plus and they reached up to 2200 on the list. Any ideas on how high they will go on the list for the class after this january class?

MembersZone Subscriber

Well went to my medical and ended up being 7 beats over my max heart rate....sucks. They seemed pretty positive about me passing the second time around. Has anyone else had to go back? I was just curious to how they do it the second time. Is it done the same way (5:12) or do they keep you on longer?

Trying to find out if anyone fell into the same boat as me in the past....thnx all

Forum Member

Question

MDEL, wat's your approx. list number? sorry I cant answer your question, just trying to get a feel for what number they are up to, I'm around 1900 thought the letter would be here yesterday so I'm just waiting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Well went to my medical and ended up being 7 beats over my max heart rate....sucks. They seemed pretty positive about me passing the second time around. Has anyone else had to go back? I was just curious to how they do it the second time. Is it done the same way (5:12) or do they keep you on longer?

Trying to find out if anyone fell into the same boat as me in the past....thnx all
    where are you sitting on the list?

MembersZone Subscriber

high 1800s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    high 1800s
    COOL THX..JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE UP TO FOR MEDS..IM LOW LOW 2000'S

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    COOL THX..JUST WONDERING WHAT THEY ARE UP TO FOR MEDS..IM LOW LOW 2000'S
    They seem to be doing like 100 meds a week

Forum Member

Anyone who has a weighted vest that is willing to sell it or let me borrow it, please send me a PM. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. Good luck to everyone.

Default List 6019

Ive been reading this thread monthly for a while now. A lot of people are curious what they are up to it seems low 20xx. My question is what number will they reach when they stop taking from List #6019? Anyone who has taken the previous test or whos on the job already have an idea of what list number they could reach within the next three or four years?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=test6019;992886]Ok this is probably a little premature but ive been hearing that the january class is going in with 300 plus and they reached up to 2200 on the list. Any ideas on how high they will go on the list for the class after this january class? Quote Depends on how many candidates they go through for jan 09 class. My guess is they will reach 1700s for jan and would probably sent out at least 800 or more packets this spring, bringing them up to list # 3000. Depends also on future class sizes. If they don't get to much smaller following jan class then I would have to say they will reach at least 2500 for summer 09 class. It all depends on what list number they reach for next class. 39xx
    Last edited by exam6019; 09-30-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Thread Information