Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    i think i heard that there are 290 or 291 currently,
    Less people are probably going to be deferring b/c of our economy/job market, lots of people in nyc are getting laid off, and also the possiblity of the list slowing hiring down, frozen, etc.

Spoke with investigator said letters going out tuesday.
    I am off from work on Wednesday, so I will be watching the mailbox like a hawk..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Angry RFK Bridge.

Nevermind the fact that the economy is in the toilet. People are going to get fired, and how nice right before the holidays. On top of that the few of us that will be on the bubble for january probie school are loosing our minds. But the city wants to spend 10,000,000 dollars renaming the triborough bridge to the ROBERT F. KENNEDY bridge. Just figured i would put that out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Nevermind the fact that the economy is in the toilet. People are going to get fired, and how nice right before the holidays. On top of that the few of us that will be on the bubble for january probie school are loosing our minds. But the city wants to spend 10,000,000 dollars renaming the triborough bridge to the ROBERT F. KENNEDY bridge. Just figured i would put that out there.
    10,000,000. That makes me sick to my stomach...
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Heck yeah, I love calculations.

100 Man Class @ 3.94 list numbers/ Academy Cadet: List # 1281

150 Man Class @ 3.94 list numbers/ Academy Cadet: List # 1478

3.94 is the ratio from class 02-08

Good call about this forum being like a booze addiction, i couldnt agree more.

80 * 3.94=315
    315+886= 1201
    thats where we are looking then
    might be lower with less people declining but i have no idea how low it would go

I'm in for the run....If i get a letter

you have any idea what number they will hit hopefull sounds like you got a inside word.

Forum Member

hopefully---you speak so matter of factly. How do you know???????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there-

17 Guys deferred July and 3 in January will be EMS...

The class will be 100 guys

Letters going out Tuesday

As far as doing a practice run at the Rock next weekend, looks like we have a couple of guys that would be interested. Is Saturday(the 29th) good for you all?
    Unfortunately my job called me in to work because I'm pretty low on the totem pole but if anyone wants to run on Sunday let me know?

Forum Member

FDNYUSMC if you still have the number for that woman at the DCAS regarding the vets points could you PM or email me the number, tried calling a bunch of people at the DCAS, so far dead ends. BTW I have heard the same thing that you said, that in fact you do need the expeditionary medal, however I can't say I know this to be fact. Thanks alot.

Forum Member

$10,000,000!! Are you kidding me?! I heard $4,000,000. Man oh man. Unbelievable. Nanny Bloombucks and the governor need another term like I need a kidney stone topped off with a paper cut to the eye.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    $10,000,000!! Are you kidding me?! I heard $4,000,000. Man oh man. Unbelievable. Nanny Bloombucks and the governor need another term like I need a kidney stone topped off with a paper cut to the eye.....
    Yea, it's ridiculous. If it is indeed 100 candidates for the Jan. class, that's another huge blow to all of us. Argh.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

the few of us that will be on the bubble for january probie school are loosing our minds.
    mine was gone weeks ago

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to throw this out there-

17 Guys deferred July and 3 in January will be EMS...

The class will be 100 guys

Letters going out Tuesday

As far as doing a practice run at the Rock next weekend, looks like we have a couple of guys that would be interested. Is Saturday(the 29th) good for you all?
    Where is this info coming from?

Forum Member

i would like to try the run...what day and time are you all meeting up?

Forum Member

guys we gotta stop stressing out about things that we can't control....

Its not healthy to get worked up about every rumor that we hear. Or continue to make these mathematical formulas when we really don't know how much substance there really is to these rumors...

Just stay in shape and stay out of trouble.....

Anyone who has a list number under about 4000 is most likely going to have a good shot at getting this job, whether it comes in 2 months, or 2 yrs from now....

Even if we have to wait an extra 6 months or so, at least that gives us 6 extra months to prepare for the TOUGHEST ACADEMY IN THE WORLD...

Just think.....all this waiting will make it that much sweeter when we finally do get in.

Forum Member

Default Rock and roll

Yo bro, I'm usually right there with you, trying to be calm and chill out.

But for the past 8 months I've been training every day, most times twice a day...waiting for this letter to come. Waiting for January.

I know Im not alone...im just like all the rest of the guys on here.

For all of us, this is gonna be a LONG *** 6 days, and there ain't nothing we can do about it.

-114X

Forum Member

Yea I know what you mean aal, I've been training consistently since March and now I hear the January class has gone from 300 to 100. That is terrible if its true. Can Bam or anyone working at the academy tell us if this is true? thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

As a word of advice to those on the list.

DO NOT BURN bridges with your current employer. Also even if you get a letter hiring you...don't quit your current job until the last possible momement or if possible work out an arangment if the class falls through.

Currently they are claiming they are going to putting a class through. We are WAY over head count in the firemens and lower officers ranks. There are a number of issues at work here that many don't understand or are unaware of.

To think that they will contiune to hire 300 firemen when the ecconomy is in the toliet, we have more firemen than we should have according to the needed manpower levels and the city is looking to cut costs is unrealsitic...they cut a class back in 2002 or 2003 when things weren't quite as bleek....today things are much much worse.

1. The city works on long term budget models which look at the costs of everything...as every union had their starting salaries adjusted downward a few contracts ago...it made it much more inexpensive to hire firemen now based on their models than latter...as the cost of hiring firemen goes up with each subseqent contract ratification...the city gets more savings by hiring men on overtime and not hiring probies.

2. The city is going to need to slash more from the budget and every day more and more companies in Midtown and downtown are cutting 1000s of jobs which NYC taxes to death...and the remaining employees are seeing their bonuses reduced. Furthermore the losses many firms endured this year exceed their write off limits and will be carried further to future tax years thus meaning many more years of lower tax revenues.

3. Partially in reference to point No.1 the UFA is about to ratify a contract...the last thing the city wants to do is upset a union that will fight just to make a statement. They want the contract to pass and if they have anymore cuts in mind...they won't be comming until after the 11th of December when the vote is counted. And after this contract is signed...the official cost of hiring will go up so this must be considered.

4. There is a lawsuit that might be settled soon regarding hiring and it has been suggested that the city has been hiring off this list as an attempt to gain leverage in the negotiations with these bozos. We will soon see.

What I'm getting at is be cautious about leaving whatever job you have now and cautious about signing on to long term residential leases. I know that CID is telling you guys that there will be a class...but they only know as much as they are told by the people in city hall...things can and will change overnight.

Best of luck.

FTM-PTB
    Last edited by FFFRED; 11-21-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Forum Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    As a word of advice to those on the list.

DO NOT BURN bridges with your current employer. Also even if you get a letter hiring you...don't quit your current job until the last possible momement or if possible work out an arangment if the class falls through.

Currently they are claiming they are going to putting a class through. We are WAY over head count in the firemens and lower officers ranks. There are a number of issues at work here that many don't understand or are unaware of.

To think that they will contiune to hire 300 firemen when the ecconomy is in the toliet, we have more firemen than we should have according to the needed manpower levels and the city is looking to cut costs is unrealsitic...they cut a class back in 2002 or 2003 when things weren't quite as bleek....today things are much much worse.

1. The city works on long term budget models which look at the costs of everything...as every union had their starting salaries adjusted downward a few contracts ago...it made it much more inexpensive to hire firemen now based on their models than latter...as the cost of hiring firemen goes up with each subseqent contract ratification...the city gets more savings by hiring men on overtime and not hiring probies.

2. The city is going to need to slash more from the budget and every day more and more companies in Midtown and downtown are cutting 1000s of jobs which NYC taxes to death...and the remaining employees are seeing their bonuses reduced. Furthermore the losses many firms endured this year exceed their write off limits and will be carried further to future tax years thus meaning many more years of lower tax revenues.

3. Partially in reference to point No.1 the UFA is about to ratify a contract...the last thing the city wants to do is upset a union that will fight just to make a statement. They want the contract to pass and if they have anymore cuts in mind...they won't be comming until after the 11th of December when the vote is counted. And after this contract is signed...the official cost of hiring will go up so this must be considered.

4. There is a lawsuit that might be settled soon regarding hiring and it has been suggested that the city has been hiring off this list as an attempt to gain leverage in the negotiations with these bozos. We will soon see.

What I'm getting at is be cautious about leaving whatever job you have now and cautious about signing on to long term residential leases. I know that CID is telling you guys that there will be a class...but they only know as much as they are told by the people in city hall...things can and will change overnight.

Best of luck.

FTM-PTB

So FFFRED is it feasible to say that it is possible, due to anything you speak of here, they may not hire off the list at all in the future? Or is it completely impossible to make any real guesses? I've read your posts in the past so I know you've been saying this, but if you don't have hope what do you have ya know. The entire lasts years dinners are definitely hangin in the back of my throat right now.....

24xx and pretty disheartened

Forum Member

keep the faith guys, so this class is only 100 people that dosent mean that all classes from this list will be 100 people.the next test is in 2011 and they wont hire off that list until 2012. this list still has potential of reaching over 4000. whats everyone elses input on this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    keep the faith guys, so this class is only 100 people that dosent mean that all classes from this list will be 100 people.the next test is in 2011 and they wont hire off that list until 2012. this list still has potential of reaching over 4000. whats everyone elses input on this?
    Amen Brother, Amen.... I just got a letter that I have to go in for a follow up on my psych, anyone have any experience with this?...

Forum Member

it would help us all out if this forum didnt work for a couple days so we wouldnt have to compulsively check it hoping for good news :/

Forum Member

Lightbulb

I think the general consensus i've gotten from this forum, is no one knows anything 100%, Only educated guess'.

The only person that knows for sure,isn't the cid people i can tell u that, its bloomburg and unless he is in this forum then hear everything that is said but don't listen .

If every time you read something u hear and freak out your gonna drive yourself and everyone around u insane.

Just keep your head up stay optimistic and if it doesnt happen now (in jan) it will happen in the future. If u want something bad enough then you will get it!

Forum Member

Default Saturday night at the fights

Well, boys, on a completely different note...

The FDNY boxing club is squaring up against the fighting finest (NYPD) this Saturday night. From a boxing standpoint, some of the guys are new to the game or dont have much experience, but that's fun to watch sometimes in itself...

On the other hand, if you are looking for finesse and toughness, you'll find it in guys like Mike Reno and Michael Lazari. Both of these dudes have world police/fire medals, and Reno has been up to the quarter finals of the open-class golden gloves. Top notch amateurs. And I hear Reno's wife, Susan, is competing for the red corner, and she is a NO JOKE warrior (she's destroyed the golden gloves).

It's at the Aviator sports complex. Doors open at 7, and tickets are 30 bucks at the door.

Ill be there if you guys wanna link up and have a 6019 section. My number is 917-420-0573.

Here are the links to both the event, and FDNY boxing for more info.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/sports/html/...pd_boxing.html

http://www.fdnyboxing.com

-114x
    Last edited by aal2016; 11-21-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Forum Member

I didn't think I would be saying this but I may start processing for NYPD now. I cant imagine them not having a large class in july. They have a good enough starting salary now and the time carries over to FD.

Forum Member

Hopefully---With your list #, you are deffinatly going to get a letter. I wouldnt sweat it. I envy you. The people who are 1200 and up, probably not going to make it. I just hope that the economy improves and we can go back to buisness as usual.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    I didn't think I would be saying this but I may start processing for NYPD now. I cant imagine them not having a large class in july. They have a good enough starting salary now and the time carries over to FD.
    Not any more

Thread Information