Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 618 FirstFirst ... 1363103110111112113114115116123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by exam6019 View Post
    Question for those who have gone through or are going through the process. Of 3 bills I'm using between cell phone , bank, credit card, I misplaced original credit card statement for the month of Dec 07. However I did make a copy of that statement. I tried to have the credit card company send me the statement again but since I recently closed that account they don't have the original copy to send me. Do you guys think this will be a problem with investigators
    Just bring your statements and whatever copies you have. They only looked at my statement copies and not my originals. Also, I am not sure if a cellphone statement counts as proof but the others are fine.

Forum Member

just received the letter for my psych....Oct 18th. List #17xx

Forum Member

Default Instructor

I was just watching Brotherhood: Life in the FDNY. Never seen it before. In the last scene before the credits, there's this shot of the probies at the rock. They're standing at attention and one of the DIs is giving them a talk before the run. Its cold and they're all in bunker gear.

He asks them, "How are my spartans?!" And they say: "Good, sir!!" The DI asks, "Do you want this job?!" And they say, "YES SIR!" And then he says, "Well, come and get it!" The camera fades out.

I watched this scene like 10 times in a row. I think i saw that DI at the prep courses out on the rock.

I cant wait till january, fellas. Soon enough its gonna be our time to be those spartans in the snow.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    I was just watching Brotherhood: Life in the FDNY. Never seen it before. In the last scene before the credits, there's this shot of the probies at the rock. They're standing at attention and one of the DIs is giving them a talk before the run. Its cold and they're all in bunker gear.

He asks them, "How are my spartans?!" And they say: "Good, sir!!" The DI asks, "Do you want this job?!" And they say, "YES SIR!" And then he says, "Well, come and get it!" The camera fades out.

I watched this scene like 10 times in a row. I think i saw that DI at the prep courses out on the rock.

I cant wait till january, fellas. Soon enough its gonna be our time to be those spartans in the snow.
    awesome film...I myself watch it all the time...It motivates me

Forum Member

I am sitting at #118x, I have taken and passed all my tests, so as far as I can tell I should be gearing up for January. Anyone wanna do some running? Right now I am at One and a half to two miles at about an 8min. mile but I am looking to step it up to around 3-4 miles by the time class rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by GettinReady6019 View Post
    awesome film...I myself watch it all the time...It motivates me
    I also watch this film frequently. it is VERY motivating. There are also a few videos on youtube that serve as some pretty good inspiration.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NxtGenProbie View Post
    I am sitting at #118x, I have taken and passed all my tests, so as far as I can tell I should be gearing up for January. Anyone wanna do some running? Right now I am at One and a half to two miles at about an 8min. mile but I am looking to step it up to around 3-4 miles by the time class rolls around.

I also watch this film frequently. it is VERY motivating. There are also a few videos on youtube that serve as some pretty good inspiration.
    where do you live?

Forum Member

I've seen the movie as well and yes the DI in the end does still work as a DI at the rock, I saw him there when I went for the prep course as well.

The next couple months are going to be torture but once Dec comes it will hit us like a ton of bricks, I can't f'n wait.

Forum Member

Default Academy

Are the tests and quizzes short answer type? thanks

Forum Member

Gettinready, I live in the Bronx.

Forum Member

Default Ready to run....

Gettinready, I live in the Bronx.
    Hey NxtGen,
    I'm in the Bronx as well. I usually do around 3 - 6 miles at 6am every morning then hit the gym after work. If your serious about hittin the bricks let me know and we'll set something up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default PT Instructor

That PT instructor still works at the rock and is a great motivator. He would give you the shirt of his back if you showed him you deserved it. If you make it you will meet him and come do enjoy PT days you have with him.
    All quizes are true/false and multiple guess.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    Are the tests and quizzes short answer type? thanks
    Pretty sure most are multiple choice.

definitions, procedures, tricky though, detailed oriented, here is an example of a question very similar to one on a test from last class

When using a handy talky, where do you put the speaker mic when you want to make a radio transmission when you are using SCBA?

A. close to facepeice voicemitter port
    b. 2-5 inches away from facepeice voicemitter port
    c. directly on the facepeice voicemitter port
    d. 1-2 inches away from facepeice voicemitter port
    e. leave it clipped to your leave it clipped bunker coat

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky2BeHere View Post
    Getting Ready... try doing the same time at 170 bpm or do the same workout for an hour. Don't be afraid to work at 85% of your max heart rate for 45 mins to an hour.

This goes for anyone running. Don't forget to adequately stretch before and after a good run. Also, I would recommend warming up for 5 minutes before stretching.

Good luck people.
    thankyou very much ,any advice at all is a blessing...

Forum Member

aal2016 i'd say if firefighting doesn't work out for you you've got a promising future in motivational speaking. your post just got my lazy *** up to run 4 miles lol. i need to get my hands on this video somehow.

Forum Member

lol. thanks man. sure do hope firefighting works out, though.

That DI seems like he's an amazing teacher, ant. I met him once out at the rock and he was intense, but in a really motivating way. Telling me i had to start "grazing" when i eat, and start training like a professional athlete.

If you're looking for the movie, i got it off netflix. Ill throw it back in the mailbox today and it should be back on the system soon, even if they only have this one copy, which i doubt.

114X.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Hey NxtGen,
    I'm in the Bronx as well. I usually do around 3 - 6 miles at 6am every morning then hit the gym after work. If your serious about hittin the bricks let me know and we'll set something up.
    like I said, I am only at about 1.5-2miles so PM me if you can put up with that.

Forum Member

has anybody heard the amount of ems promos that may be in the jan09 class? is it ususally the same amount every class?

Forum Member

like I said, I am only at about 1.5-2miles so PM me if you can put up with that.
    You gotta turn your pm on. I dont have a problem with focusing on the 1.5m. Let me know when and where you train and maybe we can work something out.

Forum Member

The FDNY is appointing from Firefighter List #2043, which was established on May 5, 2004. To date, we have appointed 2242 eligibles from Firefighter List #2043; 302 eligibles entered the August 5, 2007 class. We reached List #4825.5."

So 4825 people were called for the last test, and about half of the people called have jobs.

Not sure if this info has been posted, but it couldn't hurt to re-post it.

Forum Member

That DI seems like he's an amazing teacher, ant. I met him once out at the rock and he was intense, but in a really motivating way. Telling me i had to start "grazing" when i eat, and start training like a professional athlete.
    Hes no DI; hes a Lieutenant. 'Intense' is an accurate adjective, but not the most telling.

Thread Information