Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default ****

Well fellas,

I guess this night puts all of our recent "suffering" in perspective.

Guys on the job, what can we do to show our support to 12 truck and squad 18? And what can we do for Lt. Ryan's family?

We're not on the job yet, and most of us did not know these men, so i don't know what is appropriate.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by aal2016; 11-23-2008 at 02:55 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by aal2016 View Post
    Well fellas,

And what can we do for Lt. Ryan's family?
    Get onto the job then get into the job. Make it better than you found it and never forget his sacrifice or the 1139 before him.

Forum Member

R.I.P. Lt. Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Like Calm said, get onto the job. While we appreciate the offer, we'll take care of our own. With all due respect to you guys, I don't mean to sound exclusive. (Lou, is this out of line to say? If so, I'll retract it.)

You can show support by coming to and participating in other events. Turkey Trot (5k) is tomorrow at Flushing Meadows Park. 1030 registration. $20.

RIP Lt Ryan.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Like Calm said, get onto the job. While we appreciate the offer, we'll take care of our own. With all due respect to you guys, I don't mean to sound exclusive. (Lou, is this out of line to say? If so, I'll retract it.)

You can show support by coming to and participating in other events. Turkey Trot (5k) is tomorrow at Flushing Meadows Park. 1030 registration. $20.

RIP Lt Ryan.

I really wish I knew about this ahead of time, but my boss will flip if I call in sick now. Because the tunnel to towers was amazing and extremely humbling...

Forum Member

Point taken, calm and bam.

P.S. Does anyone know how Lt. Walsh is doing? I havn't read anything in the papers, maybe her family and she want to keep it personal. I just remember meeting her at the academy, and am hoping she's getting better.

P.P.S. Looks like we're running the rock wed night this week, as well as with the group on sat afternoon. Any takers for wed gimme a ring or a pm. I think hopefully is organizing for sat.

11XX
    Last edited by aal2016; 11-24-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    I won't make Wednesday but if guys are still down for Saturday that will be cool. I guess we will wait and see who gets letters and then see who would want to go practice run.

This probably goes without saying but if anyone gets a letter post it up on here and I will do the same.
    I'll be there Saturday morning letter or not. If it doesn't come this week it will eventually and either way I want to be good to go when it happens.

Forum Member

Just saw on the news Scopettas final decision on what 5 firehouses are going to close for night tours and the final decision on shortening probie school will come out on monday.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 11-24-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Forum Member

thanks again for help...appreciate it ; )

Forum Member

hope the letters get sent out early tomorrow morning, so we can have a chance at getting them wed, with no mail being delivered on thanksgiving

Forum Member

so if there was gonna be final word on the class size today, did anyone hear anything yet?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bravest2009 View Post
    so if there was gonna be final word on the class size today, did anyone hear anything yet?
    next monday is what the report said

Forum Member

next monday as in December 1st, or meaning today the 24th? where did you see this report?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Queens, shortening probie school meaning to 18 weeks or to 100 names?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bravest2009 View Post
    next monday as in December 1st, or meaning today the 24th? where did you see this report?
    Next monday as in Dec 1st, Fox five 6 O'Clock news, they just had a city council hearing on the budget cuts today they discussed cutting funding to cultural institutions, FDNY and NYPD Ray Kelly and Scopetta were
    there and spoke. I think he meant the length of the academy but he could of meant either i guess. Scopetta said he would announce the changes on monday dec 1st but they wouldnt take effect till january.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 11-24-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Forum Member

they told us today that the next class was only going to be 100 people and 18 weeks long.

Forum Member

Default fdny

who told you the class was going to be 100 probies?

Forum Member

CID told me on the phone it would be a "small class" last week. i couldn't get a number though.

Forum Member

having a smaller class is really gunna set me back :- \ but on a good note, for everyone getting in one of these smaller classes, you're going to get much more hands on time training, deffinatly a benefit.

PS, i kept trying to post this and it never got put up, does someone have the number for the investigators on hand..i can't find where i put mine.

Forum Member

The general number for CID is 718-999-1146
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    The general number for CID is 718-999-1146
    Awsome...thanks a lot man

Forum Member

anyone talked to their investigators or CID today, find out if the letters went out today, what list # they got to, definite run date?

EDIT - Just called the general number CID and they said letters have not went out but mayb by the end of the week.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 11-25-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    anyone talked to their investigators or CID today, find out if the letters went out today, what list # they got to, definite run date?
    I don't want to annoy my investigator.. I spoke to her about a month ago and she said that too many candidates were calling her and she could not get any work done.

I will wait on the USPS snail mail. If I don't get a letter by Friday afternoon, then I'll call Monday morning.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post

EDIT - Just called the general number CID and they said letters have not went out but mayb by the end of the week.
    Ok, then that should answer most of the questions regarding the letters.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

just want to make a post on what i got told today being on the phone with an investigator. i was told last week that 11XX should be fine and good to go. Today when i called not such good news. From what i was told they are only sending letters out to the low 1000's. Those are the letters being sent out but hey some guys might turn down the job so mayb they will get to a higher number. Good luck to all in that number range, as for the rest of us another six months to work on what we need to work on, keep your heads high as this is from a source, but still not convinced that everyone is on the same page and knows what is really going on yet.

Thread Information