Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Default fdny

I guess there will be a hiring freeze after this class the new norm will be 100 probies per class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I guess there will be a hiring freeze after this class the new norm will be 100 probies per class.
    There's no way to be sure of that. No sense in stressing over it now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by timpala View Post
    i was told last week that 11XX should be fine and good to go. Today when i called not such good news. From what i was told they are only sending letters out to the low 1000's.

I would think that Low 1000's would be in the 1100's- possibly the low 1200's. Anything less would be nearly a statistical impossibility. That would be basically a 1:1 ratio.

I mean geez, I remember at my medical, 20% of the guys scheduled didn't show up, and from what other guys were saying that was pretty consistent with the other steps of the way. And thats not even who failed.
    Last edited by SleepyHollow; 11-25-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Forum Member

Nobody know what is going to happen with this probie class. You can do all the ratios you want but it not going to tell you anything. There are so many variables to consider. i.e. Service members who were not around for the test and are allowed to make it up. I can tell you right now I have about 5 or so Marines who were on deployment and are going to take the test. and anyone who might not be old enough to take the test. Dont forget that you have to be 21 by the time of appointment. So just sit tight and wait it out. Many of us are going to get hired. its just a matter of time.

Forum Member

I talked to CID around 3pm and was told letters are going out tomorrow and friday. They have 17 deferrals from jul class and now 15 e.m.t.'s. They are only going to be putting in 100 people and they won't be going above list numbers in the low 1,000's unless people fail the run or turn the job down. I took my medical on May and was told there is a june class but I would have to re-do the full medical.

Forum Member

I am sitting in the upper 11xx and was told there wasn't a chance I'd be in this class. Hope that helps anyone in my range

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Nobody know what is going to happen with this probie class. You can do all the ratios you want but it not going to tell you anything. There are so many variables to consider. i.e. Service members who were not around for the test and are allowed to make it up. I can tell you right now I have about 5 or so Marines who were on deployment and are going to take the test. and anyone who might not be old enough to take the test. Dont forget that you have to be 21 by the time of appointment. So just sit tight and wait it out. Many of us are going to get hired. its just a matter of time.
    well said...the truth is out there =)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LIfire31 View Post
    I am sitting in the upper 11xx and was told there wasn't a chance I'd be in this class. Hope that helps anyone in my range
    You were told this by your investigator?

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Tell your marines to register ASAP, it takes a long time for the Department of Citywide administrative services to #1 give a make up test and #2 grade it, i registered for the make up test in august of 07 i didnt take the test until march of 08 and i just got my letter with my list number last week(they told me 4-6 weeks), and my initial investigation interview next tuesday. when they go to register make sure they bring their copy of their DD214 if theyre out and their military ID if they still have it (i was on terminal leave when i registered so i had both) its a massive pain in the ***

Forum Member

I read in the previous post today that the letters are going out Wednesday, so we should have a much better idea tomorrow. I hope Sleepy's ratio's close to the actual (crossing my fingers that they reach 1200's), so the guys with higher numbers on the list will have a better chance of getting in sooner rather than later. Let's all hope and pray, fellas.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I read in the previous post today that the letters are going out Wednesday, so we should have a much better idea tomorrow.
    If they only delivered mail on thanksgiving

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    I read in the previous post today that the letters are going out Wednesday, so we should have a much better idea tomorrow. I hope Sleepy's ratio's close to the actual (crossing my fingers that they reach 1200's), so the guys with higher numbers on the list will have a better chance of getting in sooner rather than later. Let's all hope and pray, fellas.

from my investigator who i just spoke with. asked him if i would be considered for the upcoming class : "we are cutting the list down to 100. we will be lucky if we reach 1050."

Forum Member

i just got the mail and didnt get a letter yet for the run

Forum Member

So does anyone have an idea what number they will probably get up to for the JULY class if it is the same situation as now being 100 probies?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

youll have an idea after what number they get up to for January
    Please 1 class at a time

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bravest2009 View Post
    So does anyone have an idea what number they will probably get up to for the JULY class if it is the same situation as now being 100 probies?

I am not feeling very confident about making July now and I'm in the mid 1400's. That's a hell of a swing from being told twice from my investigator that I'm a definite for this Jan.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    I am not feeling very confident about making July now and I'm in the mid 1400's. That's a hell of a swing from being told twice from my investigator that I'm a definite for this Jan.
    Dude, keep your spirits high. Things can change. Nothing is set in stone. Just know that you WILL get on the job, even if you have to wait another 6 months.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Has anybody spoken to CID today or heard anymore rumors about letters being sent?

Forum Member

Seriously, with all the rumors flying around on this forum my heart is in my throat and to top it all off I can never get a hold of my investigator just so I can make sure my file is good to go.
    Anyway, that's enough ranting from me. Good luck to all this week and have a happy and stress free(yea right) Thanksgiving.

P.S- I'll be at the Rock this Saturday at 10am to run the course just to see if my ankle holds up. Anyone interested meet in the parking lot right in front of the entrance to the academy.

Forum Member

All you guys need to chill out and relax a little bit, All the rumors and hearsay
    on this thread is getting out of control.
    You all know by now what the deal is class downsizing and budget cuts and there are more to come, Keep a level head dont quit your day jobs and
    somewhere in the future your dream job will come true it just may take a little
    longer than was expected.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Dude, keep your spirits high. Things can change. Nothing is set in stone. Just know that you WILL get on the job, even if you have to wait another 6 months.
    Thanks man I appreciate the encouragement, hopefully ill meet you on the job someday. Happy thanksgiving to all.

Forum Member

Default S**t news

My buddy called CID today and was told that they sent 60 letters out this afternoon and they're still only in the upper 900's. Apparently, more letters go out friday and then next monday. Congrats to those in the 800's and early 900's, you guys have been waiting a while for this, and barely missed it the last time. So friday is gonna feel pretty damn good.

Good luck to everyone.

11**

MembersZone Subscriber

I've posted here recently and I'm 16xx. Before this all came about, my investigator had told me to expect a letter for January. About a week later, He called me to tell me that I wouldn't be reached, but to stay in shape and out of trouble because I would probably be set for the next class. Obviously, a lot has changed since then and I don't think anyone knows what will happen. In the past, the hiring ratio has been around 1 candidate hired for every 3. I'm guessing the list will get close to 1100 after this round. As someone else noted, the ratio will not be 1 to 1 and I highly doubt 1 in 2. Case in point, only 12 showed up the day of my medical and they turned away close to 20 people that showed up late for the psychological exam. My understanding is that those people are not allowed to make it up.

Everyone seems to be worrying too much, especially for a situation that we have no control over. Many of us posting are so close, that we'll get hired before the list expires, even if they only do 50 man classes. Those farther down, I can understand. But remember, Candidates will still reject the job. Current members leave the job for higher paying work. And regardless of what anyone says, there are still guys to retire. I would think the city will still want to fill spots to keep OT nonexistent, as it is now.
    Even during the war years, with similar financial problems occuring, the department still hired a couple classes of 50 people at a time.

I know many, many guys that waited 4, 6, even 8 years to get onto this job. We've waited less than two years so far, and if you're young like me(I'm 23), it doesn't matter so much. Keep faith, keep working hard, we'll get there.

I wanted to get on now, just like the next guy. But there are so many positives to this too. We have more time to train and be in even better shape. We have more time to earn and save up money, which will be important. I'm going to be able to finish my bachelors degree before the academy now. We can get out a learn a little about trade work or "handy work," which will be beneficial on the job. Learn how to cook and clean well. Maybe learn a little Spanish, since it's pretty important now on the job and in this city in general. Enjoy the city (if you live here)... there is so much to do and enjoy here. I'm going to spend more time at my family camp in the Adirondacks.

Keep your heads up guys. Everything happens for a reason and things will work out.

Forum Member

Everyone take a day off from checking the boards, the mail and worrying about the list and enjoy Thanksgiving with your family.

Have a happy and more importantly a SAFE Thanksgiving everyone.

Forum Member

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving all.
    List # 13**

Thread Information