Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Hey hopefully09,

Check your PM..
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Anybody down to run the 1.5 mile course tomorrow?

Forum Member

Default Fdny

What is the highest list number that got a letter in the mail for the 1 1/2 run?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    What is the highest list number that got a letter in the mail for the 1 1/2 run?
    That's hard to ascertain. I am in the 900s and have not received a letter yet. Give it a few days and maybe you'll get an answer to your question.
    Last edited by Cuzzz2259; 12-01-2008 at 09:58 AM.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Default run

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post

im in the 890's and i got the letter for the run on friday.

Forum Member

so is scopetta going to announce future hiring procedures for the fdny today? i heard in the thread that he was. also if someone wouldnt mind my list is 26## iam still pretty confident about getting the oppurtunity but what do you others think?

Forum Member

does anyone know the time scopetta's speech will air or where we can see it?

Forum Member

When announcements are made, where can we find out about them?
    List 14XX

Forum Member

Last edited by Figh17ting; 05-03-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Forum Member

Think someone said to watch fox 5 news at 5pm or 6pm for the future hiring info.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    Got my letter today, see you guys on the 7th
    Congrats on receiving your letter. That's good news.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzz2259 View Post
    Congrats on receiving your letter. That's good news.
    Is it safe to venture a guess that everyone has pretty much one eye glued to this forum and one eye on the mailbox.....

Anyone get in touch with their investigators this week and hear anything new?

Forum Member

friend called CID said they are up to about 1030 on letter with more going out through out the week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Is it safe to venture a guess that everyone has pretty much one eye glued to this forum and one eye on the mailbox.....

Anyone get in touch with their investigators this week and hear anything new?
    I totally agree with you on that one.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    friend called CID said they are up to about 1030 on letter with more going out through out the week

i really wish everyone down there would have the same story. i just called myself and they said they are only going to reach 1015. so my advice to everyone on here, as i am sure everyone is doing, just keep your eyes open and fingers crossed because every story you hear is going to be different. and i am not calling you a liar matty because i hope your number and facts are true. just want to state what i just heard as well. good luck to all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post

i really wish everyone down there would have the same story. i just called myself and they said they are only going to reach 1015. so my advice to everyone on here, as i am sure everyone is doing, just keep your eyes open and fingers crossed because every story you hear is going to be different. and i am not calling you a liar matty because i hope your number and facts are true. just want to state what i just heard as well. good luck to all.

Forum Member

congrats to everyone that has recieved a letter! good luck with the run!
    Crossing my fingers at- 12xx

Forum Member

Well I didn't see anything on fox about the hiring so if anyone hears anything please let us know.
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Lightbulb Good news...

I just wanted to throw some potential good news out to everyone because all the rumors and bs make me sick whenever I come tho this site. It is a fact that the federal government has made it so that any NY firefighter who retires on full disability after this year (starting January), he/she will now be taxed on all money collected. This has not been the case in the past and even currenty. There are a ton of veteran firefighters who are working hurt yet have been waiting to retire on disability because the amount of money you recieve for the rest of your life (currently untaxed) is ultimately determined by finding the average of your three highest paid years. The longer they stay in, the more they will recieve for the rest of their lives. Because of the new law, these guys will apply for retirement with full disability before January 09 thus opening up a huge gap for new probationary firefighters. Also for those talking about there being a smaller class this January.... That is senseless because it will cost almost as much to the city to run a smaller class as it will to run a larger one. All I can say is that you should never trust what you hear. I had a current NYC fireman swear to me about a year ago that he knew for a fact that test 6019 was to be completely scrapped. He swore it was true. And we already have the 1st 6019 class just a few weeks away from graduation. You gotta understand that these rumors spread like wildfire and change like a bunch of 3 yr olds playing telephone. Best of luck to all. My sources are good but again.... you never know. Oh and just wanted to say real quick that it took almost 900 or so names to get the first class in the academy this summer and that number (as evidenced by the past) only increases as the distance between when the test was given and when the candidate gets offered an invite to the academy. So whoever is saying that they are only inviting up to 1030, that is ridiculous. Unless Bloomburg decided that the academy will last half a week and consist of 8 guys (joke). Goodluck and relax. Good things will come to you if you are patient and you truly deserve it.

Forum Member

anybody getting letters? no post all day isn't like you guys haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2be View Post
    anybody getting letters? no post all day isn't like you guys haha
    We're all holding our breath waiting for the mail to be delivered.....

Forum Member

No mail for me. But that's not a huge surprise. Keeping my fingers crossed for a wednesday letter miracle.

114X.
    Last edited by aal2016; 12-02-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    CID told me letters out to 994, with up to 1042 on "hold" in case of deferrals or failures.

Spoke to my investigator today and she said the same thing. I am 118x and was told two weeks ago I was a lock for january, with the way things are its looking like I might not be in until Jan 2010.......phuckin' RFK bridge......

Forum Member

So out of the next hundred and some odd guys after list# 887, which was supposedly reached for the first class, not one guy failed, didn't show, etc. any part of the process. I find that hard to believe. What happened to the numbers that were given out yesterday by CID, up to 1030 letters were out and still climbing according to some people? I guess no one is on the same page down there.

How they went through 887 list #'s to get 225 guys for July and then turn around and pretty much go 1 for 1 up to 994 for the next 100 or so they hire is beyond me. At this rate the list will expire by the time they reach the 1600's.

TRY to stay focused guys as it looks like we have a long road ahead of us and good luck to the guys moving on in the process. You are lucky to be getting in before things get any worse.

Forum Member

wow only 994 huh.. less than 110 numbers for 100 candidates. That's not good.

Thread Information