Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 618 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 12347
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

  1. #2361
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Default

    just some advice from my experiences. I've been doing the running plan that they give you at the medical office and I've really seen a big difference. It's a 25 day plan I've been doing 2 days at a time and then a day of cardio at the gym. I was just wondering if any one else was doing it and throw my suggestion for the people who arent


  2. #2362
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    42

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY36XX View Post
    Mike13310
    they may be calling guys in the 2000's to start the process but doesnt mean they will be called for the next class
    Oh ok. how long after you get called/ investigator, do you start to plan being in the academy? Me and a few other guys on here are in the 3600 range, any idea of when we can expect to be called? At least that way we can plan the upcoming year a little. Thanks Bro.[/QUOTE]

    in my opinion i definitely think you will get called just a matter of how long it takes. i would say june2010, just a guess we should know better after the january class goes in...as for your investigator question i cant tell you i didn't start the process myself yet

  3. #2363
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    just some advice from my experiences. I've been doing the running plan that they give you at the medical office and I've really seen a big difference. It's a 25 day plan I've been doing 2 days at a time and then a day of cardio at the gym. I was just wondering if any one else was doing it and throw my suggestion for the people who arent
    I just recieved that running program from a friend of mine who is doing some training at the Rock. I'm going to start it tomorrow. I'm am making the run under 12 but i want to get it down to under 10.

  4. #2364
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Can any of you guys briefly describe the running plan you are talking about. Is it one day long, one day interval? thanks

  5. #2365
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hey Guys, goodmorning. Two questions:

    1. I am in the 1400s. Does anyone out there feel that the 1400s range will be heading into the academy this January. I have been through all my tests, etc and finished/passed everything but the run which I am training for and should do fine. Anyone have word on what number they are going to actually call to report to the Rock rather than what numbers they are calling in general to go through the hiring process?

    2. Would anyone who has the training sheet for the run please post it. I saved all my paperwork but can't seem to locate that sheet.

    I appreciate anyones help. Thanks guys, have a great day!
    List 14XX

  6. #2366
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    I know this may be beating a dead horse here, but: ballooning city budget deficit, bloomberg,financial mess, all agencies ordered to cut spending. What do ya think this means for us who haven't even got a packet yet? Hopefully maybe just not as much cpat prep at the very WORST. Not trying to be to pessimistic here, I know that doesn't help anybody. But its hard to ignore with all the talk everday bout the economy, plus this long wait. Any thoughts...

    24xx

  7. #2367
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    Can any of you guys briefly describe the running plan you are talking about. Is it one day long, one day interval? thanks
    Since you and a few others have asked for it and I'm bored at work here it goes
    i used the abbreviations to cut down on typing but there explained at the bottom so anything in parenthesis is explained

    DAY 1: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 2: 15 min warm up, 4-6 1/4 mi hill (REPEATS)
    DAY 3: 30 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 4: 15 min warm up, 3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -all on flat ground
    DAY 5: 30 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 6: 50 min (EP)
    DAY 7: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 8: 15 min warm up, 3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -all on hills
    DAY 9: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 10: 10 min (EP), 25 min (T), 5 min cool down
    DAY 11: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 12: 15 (EP), 4-6 .25mi hill (REPEATS), 10 min cool down
    DAY 13: 30 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 14: 20 min (EP), (REPEATS)3*.25 mi, 3*.12mi, 2*100 yard, 2*50 yard, 10 min cool down -
    DAY 15: 35 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 16: 55 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 17: 35 min (EP)
    DAY 18: 15 min (EP), (REPEATS) 5-7*.25 mi hills, 1*.12 mi hill, 2*100 yd hill, 10 min cool down
    DAY 19:35 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 20: 10 min (EP), 30 min (T), 5 min cool down
    DAY 21: 40-50 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 22: 15 min (EP), (REPEATS) 4*.25mi hill, 3*.12mi hills, 10 min (EP)
    DAY 23:35 min (EP), calisthenics after run
    DAY 24: 45-55 min (EP), 3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)
    DAY 25: 20 min (EP), 20 min (T), 10 min (EP)

    (EP)- easy pace runs, running at a pace that you could carrry on a conversation
    3 sets of (P) (D) (C) (PU)- sets of push ups, dips, crunches, pull ups (Note i left out sometimes they say incline, flat, and decline but I try to do them all depending how I fell so use as you like)
    (REPEATS)- intervals run at a fast pace and completed within a few seconds of each other. You should try to run the last one as fast as the first.
    (Calisthenics)-anything of your choice but do them after running.
    (T)- Tempo run, these are run at a pace that is slightly uncomfortable.
    Last edited by matty21; 10-22-2008 at 11:37 AM.

  8. #2368
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I know this may be beating a dead horse here, but: ballooning city budget deficit, bloomberg,financial mess, all agencies ordered to cut spending. What do ya think this means for us who haven't even got a packet yet? Hopefully maybe just not as much cpat prep at the very WORST. Not trying to be to pessimistic here, I know that doesn't help anybody. But its hard to ignore with all the talk everday bout the economy, plus this long wait. Any thoughts...

    24xx
    i hear you bro the wait is killer, i really dont know what the outcome of the economy will be but hopefully everything will work out. these issues are 100%out of our hands its up to the politicians....pretty scary thought. iam hoping with ya iam 26##

  9. #2369
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    538

    Default fdny

    what is the highest list # that has gotten a packet to begin processing?

  10. #2370
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hey guys,

    So I am list # between 1400-1450. I know there is a lot of speculation as far as what number is actually going to get called for the January class. Does anyone have any more concrete info to as high they are going to go for January? It seems they are in the 2000+ now for processing but I don't think they are actually going to get that high for January. Would I be correct in saying that? Thanks for any help.
    List 14XX

  11. #2371
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Matty21- thanks for typing all of that up. I must have missed that paper. You are doing 2 days at a time like 1 in the morning and 1 at night and then the 2nd day regular cardio? thanks

  12. #2372
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    what is the highest list # that has gotten a packet to begin processing?
    The last group to go in (late august) got up to around 2150/2200

  13. #2373
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jremNY View Post
    The last group to go in (late august) got up to around 2150/2200
    Does anyone have a more solid idea of what number will make it into the academy for the January class? Low 1400's here and it seems that that are into the low 2000's for the packet. Completed all my tested and passed and now just waiting for the run. My investigator said run letters are going out mid November. Trying to gauge the timeframe and hope to make it into this coming class (like everyone else) so I don't have to worry about the damn cutbacks. Thanks guys.
    List 14XX

  14. #2374
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Does anyone know what list #s are going to be called for this January 09 Class?

  15. #2375
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Does anyone know what list #s are going to be called for this January 09 Class?
    Won't really know until people are called for the run and ultimately when they find their letters in their christmas stockings.

  16. #2376
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    Matty21- thanks for typing all of that up. I must have missed that paper. You are doing 2 days at a time like 1 in the morning and 1 at night and then the 2nd day regular cardio? thanks
    no, i do 2 days of running on say mon and tues and then I'll go to the gym on wednesday instead of doing day 3.. It cuts back on the aches and such and im still getting a day of cardio in

    Hope the chart helps

  17. #2377
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Does anyone know what list #s are going to be called for this January 09 Class?
    My investigator told me "oh yeah, it definitely looks like were going to reach your number for the Jan class, I was just talking to a candidate in the 1900's and I couldn't tell him for sure if he would make it, but it could be close for him."

    My # is mid 1400s so your looking real good if your sitting at mid 1300's, so long as my investigator isn't playing a horrible joke on me.

  18. #2378
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    My investigator told me "oh yeah, it definitely looks like were going to reach your number for the Jan class, I was just talking to a candidate in the 1900's and I couldn't tell him for sure if he would make it, but it could be close for him."

    My # is mid 1400s so your looking real good if your sitting at mid 1300's, so long as my investigator isn't playing a horrible joke on me.
    I'm in 1700's and haven't even gotten a psych yet, I'm sure it could happen any day and I could finish up the BI and make the run, but it's looking more and more everyday like I'm looking at July, unless a lot of guys pass on the job or fail the run. IDK, the waiting is really a killer I am training my *** off and I jump through all the hoops they ask me to but your mind runs wild while waiting, lol.

    Stay strong boys, mentally as well as physically.

  19. #2379
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    181

    Default

    LongCut- Thanks for the info. And for yours and my sake, lets hope your invesigator a sick, twisted individual who would play a joke like that.

  20. #2380
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fdnyjan09 View Post
    I'm in 1700's and haven't even gotten a psych yet, I'm sure it could happen any day and I could finish up the BI and make the run, but it's looking more and more everyday like I'm looking at July, unless a lot of guys pass on the job or fail the run. IDK, the waiting is really a killer I am training my *** off and I jump through all the hoops they ask me to but your mind runs wild while waiting, lol.

    Stay strong boys, mentally as well as physically.
    make sure you keep in touch with your investigator to make sure nothing is holding you back from getting a letter for the psych. Try and see if anyone in the same list # area of you has gotten a psych.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Test 6019-Union Square Protest
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
  2. List #6019
    By ffbam24 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 08:59 PM
  3. FDNY List #6019
    By MailBox123 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
  4. FDNY Exam #6019????
    By HouyBoy in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
  5. FDNY Exam #6019-John Jay College Forum
    By exp1isastreet in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts