Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    How do you know? Was it on the news yet or something?
    have we gotten letters im a couple hundred lower then you and I havnt. I'm just saying Rosie is saying the class is going to be bigger then 100 it its looking like its going to be 100 as was predicted by Calm and the information from CID

and after calms post looks like 0/2

Default CID Lance D

Hi all,
    I should have my investigator Lance's number. I don't remember ever having it. I was hoping someone on the forum has the number to reach him and could post it. Thank you so much I greatly appreciate it.

dreamin @ 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Look on the bright side, they are still planning on hiring now and in the future till 2010 and were in a recession.

I'm know I'm letting the forum drive me insane which is exactly what calm is saying to stop doing, but: Are you insinuating somehow that they are only planning on hiring til 2010? Cause I am for sure beyond then...

Forum Member

Default should i stay or should i go now

my list number is 20XX so i know i have to wait a while. And now that this is happening, I might have to wait longer. I don't mind waiting at all. I'm a pretty patient person.
    First, has anyone near my number heard anything about the medical and/or psychological test? just wondering because...
    I'm not from NYC, I'm trying to move there, but of course, for me, and I'm sure everyone else, money is very tight. And like Calm said, (everyone should be), I am/trying to do some other things now, to waste time until the fire department calls. So I guess this is just a statement/opinion/question, but should I move to NYC? Or just stay where I am and do what i've been doing until they call.
    I know everyone already knows, but money is tight, moving costs a lot, and NYC isn't any cheaper. So should I stay or should I go.
    I just don't want to be working jobs that I don't give 2 shi*s about until the dept calls, I'd rather be doing something I want until then, just in case it does take a while.
    But anyway, just thought I would throw my 2 cents in and I would appreciate if anyone else had any other opinions. because thats all we can put in for now right? there are no facts.
    stay in shape.
    stay smart.
    stay safe.
    good luck to everyone.

-Maples.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by maples View Post
    First, has anyone near my number heard anything about the medical and/or psychological test? just wondering because...
    Havent heard anything and I am 20xx as well.

If the city were smart, they wouldnt waste $ on tests until much closer to our numbers.

They raced to get all requirements complete for those up close to 2000 when they were on target for 300 class sizes.

Not sure where you are, but find something you like to do, find an area you like to live and go on living.

We probably have at least a year to go. Things happen, things change. So when you get that next step in the mail or that phone call, you may be up for it, or time may have passed that opportunity by.

When all is said and done, just make yourself happy - and waiting probably isn't going to do it for any of us.

Forum Member

Default salary

just wondering, how much do you get paid while in the academy??

Forum Member

Default FDNY to cut staffing during PM hoursThursday, December 04, 2008 | 11:42 AM

Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta announces plans Thursday to cut staffing at four firehouses at night, part of a sweeping Bloomberg administration order to save money in the economic slowdown.
    The firehouse plan emerged from Mayor Bloomberg's mandate to all city agencies in September to cut spending by 2.5 percent this fiscal year, which ends next June, and 5 percent the following year.
    As part of the FDNY cuts, the department plans to eliminate nighttime engine companies in four firehouses that also have ladder companies. The move allows those firehouses to stay open, but with fewer firefighters at night.
    The cuts will affect four of the city's 350 firehouses.
    Story continues belowAdvertisement
    Those firehouses include:

EC 4 South Street, Manhattan
    EC 161 McClean Avenue, SI
    EC 271 Himrod Street, Brooklyn
    EC 53 Schofield Street, The Bronx
    **Eyewitness News is told all four, ladder companies will continue to staff the firehouse through overnight hours.

**A fire unit on Governor's Island will be disbanded.

Cuts will reportedly take effect on January 17th. This is intended to save roughly nine million dollars.

A nighttime closure, given firefighter hours, would probably mean eliminating the engine at firehouses between 6 p.m. and 9 a.m. That would cover the usual 15-hour shift that firefighters alternate with a 9 a.m.-to-6 p.m. shift of nine hours.
    The firefighters union has objected to such changes in the past. Stephen Cassidy, president of the Uniformed Firefighters Association, has noted that the first alarm for the World Trade Center attack came about 15 minutes before 9 a.m. on Sept. 11, 2001.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf..._island_f.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=6538412
    Last edited by Queens6019; 12-04-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Default Lances number

Anyone have Lance Dubners number? I would greatly appreciate it. Look at the bright side I would rather do the academy in the summer rather then winter =) I think I'm going to get some pizza with the news that only 100 people are goiing in according to those on the forum/

Forum Member

Default salary

just wondering, does anyone know how much you make while in the academy?

Forum Member

The incoming January class of new firefighters will include only 100 members, as opposed to 300, as initially planned.

confirmed per NY Times
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ur-firehouses/

Forum Member

The incoming January class of new firefighters will include only 100 members, as opposed to 300, as initially planned.

confirmed per NY Times
    Just to piggyback on what Queens said, CID is only filling up 100 seats. I just got off the phone with CID. I am in the upper 900s and have not gotten a letter yet, so I decided to check my status. The very nice lady said that they sent letters out to List # 965. Depending on the number of failures and deferrals, they will send out more.
    FDNY 6019 #9XX

Forum Member

Question

Im really not a numbers person. But if what cuzzz says is right, I dont get get how it took almost 900 to get 300, and for 100 they only went trough 150. I dont get it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    Im really not a numbers person. But if what cuzzz says is right, I dont get get how it took almost 900 to get 300, and for 100 they only went trough 150. I dont get it.
    Thinking maybe there were more than 17 deferalls from the first class. Plus the emt's and probably nobody's gonna defer this time. We shall see for sure in the near future where they get up too....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYUSMC View Post
    i agree USMC i wrote that in a previous post, but someone said they don't run every candidate in one day but rather in squads of about 50 so this may only be the first run on the 7th with a couple more to come.

Forum Member

They must do it that way. Because it just seem very unlikely that everyone qualified for the job. But if they only run 50 at a time it would make sence that they sent out 60 letters. I guess they anticipate that 10 or so wont show up.

Forum Member

everyone keeps talking about there only being 17 deferrals, but my number was 5xx im going into this class, n im not considered a deferral. i wasnt 21 yet so i had to wait. i didnt had to sign deferral papers or anything and am almost %100 positive that im not considered a deferral so you need to factor that in to the numbers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Thinking maybe there were more than 17 deferalls from the first class. Plus the emt's and probably nobody's gonna defer this time. We shall see for sure in the near future where they get up too....

Your right. There are also 23 investagation holds from July. I'm one. 68*

Forum Member

Ok, The last post was a little innacurate. Guys that are going to the run on the 7th you better be posting what happened as soon as you get home, kidding, but not really. Also let us know when you guys get letters and about where on the list you are, cause i'm hearing 10 different stories from CID. THANKSSSSSSSS

Forum Member

Well its more and more looking like they are gonna reach the low 1000's for this upcoming class....

Now what is going to happen to the ppl in the high 1000's and low 2000's that already started their processing?????

Guys around this number have already handed in their packets for the investigation and had taken their physical exams....

Obviously the city started processing us way too soon and it looks like we are probally looking more towards 2010.

Does anyone think that they will still gives us the medical and psych exams right now since they already started processing us???

Does the physical exam results expire after a certain time.....I just passed it 2 weeks ago, but what if they dont reach the low 2000's for another 2 yrs. Will i have to re take it?

thanx

Forum Member

Next exam is in JAN 2011 (if they give it every 4 years)

July 2009-class of 100
    Jan 2010-class of 100
    July 2010-class of 100
    Jan 2011-class of 100
    July 2011-class of 100
    Jan 2012-class of 100

July 2012--Hire from new exam

If they go with this pattern to hire 600 for the next 3 years
    600 candidates x 3.5 list numbers = 2450
    get upto approx list #1050 for Jan 2009 class

Maybe they will reach list # 3,500 and thats if there is no hiring freeze

The NYPD canceled its Jan 2009 class and it was expected that the July 2009 would have 2000 but now the July 2009 and Jan 2010 class have been cut to 500-700. Just read it in the Chief newspaper.
    Last edited by QCFRANKC; 12-04-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Forum Member

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Last edited by Figh17ting; 08-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by shanahan14 View Post
    This post is from RosieE63 . It got buried a couple of pages back. I want to re-post it because it makes sense and makes me feel better. I don't know how you guys make it with the blue background, so I copy and pasted it.

"I just wanted to throw some potential good news out to everyone because all the rumors and bs make me sick whenever I come tho this site. It is a fact that the federal government has made it so that any NY firefighter who retires on full disability after this year (starting January), he/she will now be taxed on all money collected. This has not been the case in the past and even currenty. There are a ton of veteran firefighters who are working hurt yet have been waiting to retire on disability because the amount of money you recieve for the rest of your life (currently untaxed) is ultimately determined by finding the average of your three highest paid years. The longer they stay in, the more they will recieve for the rest of their lives. Because of the new law, these guys will apply for retirement with full disability before January 09 thus opening up a huge gap for new probationary firefighters. Also for those talking about there being a smaller class this January.... That is senseless because it will cost almost as much to the city to run a smaller class as it will to run a larger one. All I can say is that you should never trust what you hear. I had a current NYC fireman swear to me about a year ago that he knew for a fact that test 6019 was to be completely scrapped. He swore it was true. And we already have the 1st 6019 class just a few weeks away from graduation. You gotta understand that these rumors spread like wildfire and change like a bunch of 3 yr olds playing telephone. Best of luck to all. My sources are good but again.... you never know. Oh and just wanted to say real quick that it took almost 900 or so names to get the first class in the academy this summer and that number (as evidenced by the past) only increases as the distance between when the test was given and when the candidate gets offered an invite to the academy. So whoever is saying that they are only inviting up to 1030, that is ridiculous. Unless Bloomburg decided that the academy will last half a week and consist of 8 guys (joke). Goodluck and relax. Good things will come to you if you are patient and you truly deserve it. "
    Not saying this is true, but i just heard something similar to this, I actually think the numbers are out of porportion, so dont shoot the messenger. Just letting you know what i heard.

I heard that there will be mass retirements on December 31st, 2008 600 -1000 guys will be retiring from rank staff chief to firefighter. Guys with like 20- 25 years on are getting out. This is because they are going to tax 3/4 disability after this. also something about taxing the sixtieth? Dont know what sixtieth means. Guys got hit hard on there 457 plans. But also heard that this will not really affect staffing/hiring too much since the city is 500+. guys, plus the guys that are working the night tours in the 4 firehouses just shutdown will be getting detailed out to somewhere, plus the graduating class of close to 300 probies, plus the next class of 100.
    Last edited by Queens6019; 12-05-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Forum Member

confirmed per NY Times
    The FDNY also plans to cut back its training class by five weeks and hire only 100 new firefighters instead of the 300 it planned to hire from this January's academy class -- the lowest number since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
    SI Advance

Among the budget cuts were a reduction in the length of Probationary Firefighter Training School (from 23 to 18 weeks of instruction), at a savings of $6 million annually. Savings also will be achieved through reduced hiring of firefighters, beginning with the upcoming January class, when 100 - instead of 300 - new firefighters will be hired.
    FDNY

Forum Member

Default Ems

Hey fellas,

Im a NYS EMT and im thinking of trying to get on EMS while i wait, now that this wait is going to be indefinately longer than i thought it would be. It's not just cause i wanna start chipping away at my 20...i really wanna see what working for 911 EMS is like.

Thing is, i called the FDNY a year ago and 6 months ago with my info, and they never got back to me. Called today, and they patched me through to CID. CID told me today that the way they are doing things now is not hiring provisional EMTs, they are just hiring EMTs off of a civil service list generated from a test they had some time in the recent past, and will have again in june.

Any FDNY EMTs or others have any insights on this? Are they really not hiring provisional EMTs? Or was the lady at CID (who refused to answer questions or listen to a single word i said) wrong?

Thanks,
    114X.

Forum Member

Have a friend on EMS, said there was another promotional being given in February makes sense since they give it every 2 years instead of 4 like the competitive. You have to apply for and be granted civil service staus before you can transfer. Which can take some time sometimes This is the NOE http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...0808552000.pdf
    Sorry to say but this is also going to hurt guys that have high list numbers, because as long as an EMS guy gets a 70 on the test they skip to the head of the line, thats why guys call it "backdooring your way in". Im neutral on this, if you want this job bad enough you will do anything to get on, just remember EMS, Every Minute Sucks.

Al I would call recruitment not CID, if your looking for employment with EMS. Even though you are a NYS EMT you still have to go through the FDNY EMS academy, its a couple of weeks and you brush up skills, do evoc, etc etc
    Last edited by Queens6019; 12-05-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Thread Information