Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 618 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113513 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Hmmm weird. hey matty are you a minority by chance?
    Sh*t List 6019 - 68xx's

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Interviews

Come on with that comment.

When I went for my interview they were saying that lots of people had to change dates had incorrect scores (had residency but didnt or had legacy or veterins and didnt) that they were back filling the interview sessions to keep them full. They are doing about 50-100 people an interview and did not want to waste the time if they did not have alot of people. So that would account for why Matty21 could be going before you.
    To give you an idea on the second date for interviews there was a guy in there with a list number in the 800s because he had his date changed.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurferP View Post
    Hmmm weird. hey matty are you a minority by chance?
    only if you consider white and Irish a minority

not sure if this was answered mayb ant knows..when it says you must prove residence from 3/07-3/08 do they need a statement for each month in that period or just one
    Last edited by matty21; 02-11-2008 at 08:48 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Matty

Matty

They want a statement for each month from 3/07-3/08. They know you wont have March and maybe not even Febuary for some bills but they give you an envelope to send it in when you get it.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Default Is it Hard to get onto FDNY

anybody know? How hards the test/academy?

Forum Member

Default One more question

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Matty

They want a statement for each month from 3/07-3/08. They know you wont have March and maybe not even Febuary for some bills but they give you an envelope to send it in when you get it.
    Do they take them printed off line or you need the ones they send you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    Do they take them printed off line or you need the ones they send you?
    I hope they do otherwise I might be screwed. Gotta talk to my folks.

Forum Member

you can generally call your bank/cc company/utility company and they can send you back copies of your bills/statements

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Copies

I was told that they need the originals but I have heard a few people who said they used copies off the web and had no problems. So I would just try and all they can say is send us the originals. They wont get angry they will just tell you to send them in. Does not hurt to try.

Forum Member

Default Selective Service Registration Record

Hey everybody,
    I just got my investigation packet. For those that have already had the interview, what exactly did you bring for your selective service record?
    Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
    got my packet yesterday gotta go down to metrotech Feb 22nd...im in the 1100's

matty, can you send me a pm or email???, i'm in the 1100's and havent heard anything...
    Last edited by formerbuckeye; 02-12-2008 at 02:33 PM.

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hey for you guys who are going to the academy wondering about getting those numbers up, check out this thread.

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=98277

Forum Member

what does everyone think of the cpat prep at the rock?

Forum Member

In case anyone cares, theres 157 (if I counted my retard fingers correctly) names for ems promo's taking med/psych updates this month.

Leaves a hell of a lot of slots...

Forum Member

Default ems promos

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    In case anyone cares, theres 157 (if I counted my retard fingers correctly) names for ems promo's taking med/psych updates this month.

Leaves a hell of a lot of slots...
    I am a bit confused about ems promos. lets say for example that all 157 make it all the way to academy. does that mean for the next 4 years there will more or less be no ems promos taking up academy slots. how does this generally work? sorry i could not figure out a better way to phrase my question

love
    chuck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    what does everyone think of the cpat prep at the rock?
    what do they do at the prep classes

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ems Promo

Talking to an EMS guy in my CPAT prep class and he seems to think that FDNY EMS will not allow that many ems promos to go into one class. I guess a while back they promoted around 50 people from the EMS side and it depleted their man/women power so much that they had to bring half the people out of the academy and back to work for EMS. It caused huge problems and a lawsuit.

He said that the way it works is that DCAS may say 200 EMS promos are cleared for this academy. That is the max number that can be put into the academy but FDNY EMS has the opportunity to say no we cant give up that many only 50 can go.

The way he made it sound is that EMS could not survive loosing 150 people, they are understaffed as it is.

Not sure if this is true but it was the second time I had heard it so I thought I would pass it on. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Any one else hear this?

FLA1786
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Talking to an EMS guy in my CPAT prep class and he seems to think that FDNY EMS will not allow that many ems promos to go into one class. I guess a while back they promoted around 50 people from the EMS side and it depleted their man/women power so much that they had to bring half the people out of the academy and back to work for EMS. It caused huge problems and a lawsuit.

He said that the way it works is that DCAS may say 200 EMS promos are cleared for this academy. That is the max number that can be put into the academy but FDNY EMS has the opportunity to say no we cant give up that many only 50 can go.

The way he made it sound is that EMS could not survive loosing 150 people, they are understaffed as it is.

Not sure if this is true but it was the second time I had heard it so I thought I would pass it on. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Any one else hear this?
    Yea, it was mentioned in the '06 thread a few times throughout.

Forum Member

Does anyone know the dates for the CPAT practice runs? Not the prep classes but the two practice runs they have been talking about prior to the actual CPAT? I want to get it out of the way ASAP.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Default 6019

Does anyone know the date for the first CPAT practice run? Not the prep but the practice event itself? Rumor has it that if you pass that you dont have to go on the CPAT day....
    6019 #47x

Thread Information