Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Thanks hopefull..They only sent letters for their physical to #1033 everyone above that is in the next batch..Also had to call CID because i think im missing something any one tell me what the BP-51 looks like? They said that i can fill it out at the interview but just wanna make sure i dont have it. How many weeks into the prep classes are you and how is it going..waste of time or is it helpful?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Paperwork

Matty21 dont worry to much about the paper work other than the two that ask for you personal information. All the others you can fill out there. I was missing two forms that never came in my package and they did not seem to mind. They made it seem like that happened all the time. They just give you one to fill out there.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

The prep classes are worthwhile. They break you up into groups, everyone in the group runs through the individual events a few times, then thr groups switch. In between, theyll say 'lets do some pushups/mountainclimbers/pullups/whatever,' kind of eliminates downtime while youre waiting for your turn, and it turns the event into a little bit of a circuit training. Its time well spent.

Further down the line, the plans to run half the course non-stop, then step up to doing the whole thing. Its a buildup, the current stage is just getting everyone comfortable with how to do the events, and the atmosphere is very casual and easygoing.

I cant say what other people are thinking, but to me, its feels very much like a CALM BEFORE THE STORM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnyfreak View Post
    no prob. just keep believing. i spoke on the phone to some guy at the FDNY recruitment like 2 weeks ago and he said that the first 4000 guys could be more than sure that they'll be hired (taking into consideration that they pass everything that DCAS is going to throw at them: medical, physical, and other b.s. =)), but he also said that more than likely they're going to reach beyond that number of first 4000 people - obviously people are going to be failing left and right, not getting their stuff together or just changing their mind at the last minute. don't worry bro - your number doesn't look bad at all. i know for a fact that in the former list they've reached well beyond the 5000 mark (6000 also if i'm not mistaken). the only difference for the first 4000 is that we'll get the cpat prep class. i'm standing in the 3300s and i've got to be waiting till at least the beginning of '09 for that class and the whole processing. looking at your number you should be called around the beginning of 2010. don't quote me on this - these are just rough estimates. bottom line is: don't loose faith and your dream job will come to you sooner than you think. i keep telling myself all that. just stay in decent physical shape and you'll get it - don't kill yourself with anything - that's what the instructors at the rock are for =)
    3300s whats your final score?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    I thought the same thing but at our prep class last week it came up. The Luitenant said that quite a few can't prove the residency they claimed (thus drop a few thousand slots), a few can't pass the medical in time (providing all written accounts from past doctors on surgeries & etc), and others just defer, either because they're finishing up school, or a job, or don't think they're in shape enough to head into the academy. I sit in the mid 300s, so I'm hoping he's right.
    My investigator told me that at the top of the list it's usually a 2:1 to get the slots filled. It was obvious in the auditorium that lots of guys were completely lost with the paperwork, there were 4 or 5 that couldn't substantiate their address etc. She said that it would be very unlikely for me not to make the first class assuming I get through and my list # is 47X... She said that is based on them going through 500 candidates for the 250 non-promotion slots they expect to fill. I struck up the conversation while waiting for the fingerprints.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Just got back from investigation, they did it the same way that someone else mentioned in a previous post if you sit in the front rows on the left hand side by the windows thats who goes first. Be there early to get those seats, or you will be there forever. Took me 4 1/2 hours and i was in the front. Also they make you go to the main entrance at 9MT, there are 2 entrances.
    The Chief of Personnel gave a speach as well as the Director of CID Dean Tow.

Overheard one of the investigator talking to someone in personnel. Said that for the June 30th class they want a class of 315. They want 100 EMS promos and 215 off of 6019 list. Guy from personnel said that they have tested 38 EMS promos so far and only 9 have passed the medical, he added that guys were falling off of the stepmill. They were also doubtful that that the city was going to be able to process applicants, med & psych testing, administer CPAT and get a class of 315 by june 30th deadline.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Queens6019 View Post
    Just got back from investigation, they did it the same way that someone else mentioned in a previous post if you sit in the front rows on the left hand side by the windows thats who goes first. Be there early to get those seats, or you will be there forever. Took me 4 1/2 hours and i was in the front. Also they make you go to the main entrance at 9MT, there are 2 entrances.
    The Chief of Personnel gave a speach as well as the Director of CID Dean Tow.

Overheard one of the investigator talking to someone in personnel. Said that for the June 30th class they want a class of 315. They want 100 EMS promos and 215 off of 6019 list. Guy from personnel said that they have tested 38 EMS promos so far and only 9 have passed the medical, he added that guys were falling off of the stepmill. They were also doubtful that that the city was going to be able to process applicants, med & psych testing, administer CPAT and get a class of 315 by june 30th deadline.

Queens: Did they tell your group that you could be added to the class before people with lower numbers if your process went faster than they? I distincly heard that but I seriously doubt the validity of it.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny2b View Post
    Queens: Did they tell your group that you could be added to the class before people with lower numbers if your process went faster than they? I distincly heard that but I seriously doubt the validity of it.
    No they didnt say that.
    I think I know what your trying to say ???
    If guys with good list numbers 1-500 fail the medical, have to lose weight, get paperwork in order, etc and they dont do it by the deadline for the june class they will get skipped over and people with the higher list numbers 600-800 will go in before them as long as have completed everything ?

Forum Member

Investigators are people too. They are more interested in helping people who are interested in helping themselves; the people that are self motivated and dont need their hand held every step of the way.

That said, if someone with a lower list number doesnt get their shlt together by certain deadlines, theyll get passed over (maybe try again for the next class? I dont know what happens). Thats all it is.

Forum Member

Default Some things to add/reiterate

Been reading for a couple pages, wanted to agree and add in some things.

1) The interview was NOT as bad as I thought, and if you have your stuff together, there is no reason for anyone to be nervous or worried about it. They have a copy machine, a notary, and tell you where to get your money orders if you need, but it is definitely better to show up with copies already, and all your stuff notarized already. DO NOT BE LATE!!! If you come in late, you sit on the other side of the room, you are last to do everything, and they really lecture you about that. Specifically saying that this is the last time tardiness will be tolerated, and if you are late for your medical, psych, or anything like that, they will immediately pass over you and you can get back in for the next class.

2) They are filling for this class in July!! They are not sending packets out to the first 1000 in order to get a class together for December as well, if you go to an interview now, you are probably getting hired for June. They said that if people back out days before the exam, they will call down the list to fill the class to the max! I have not heard about the 315, but I certainly would not discount it.

3) Regarding W2's and SS statements, when I handed mine in, she made it seem like I needed one or the other, not both. I would not go by this, but if you are having trouble getting one or the other I would not worry too much

4) Anything you forget to bring, don't think you need to bring, etc, they give you a self addressd, pre-stamped envelope to mail stuff in that you forgot. This can also be used for the next few months of utility bills to prove residencey that you have not gotten yet.

5) For residency, they require a lot less than I thought. I simply gave CC bills, and that was it. I had bank statements, tax returns as well, she just wanted the CC statements and thats it! Only the first page too, so if your bills are multiple pages, leave them at home.

6) Definitely sounds like the medical and the psych are going to come well before the CPAT. They were saying in about a month we should be seeing stuff for the Med/Psych (I am list 4xx).

Again, far from as bad as I thought, and hopefully no one will have any problems and will get through it. See you all on the rock!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

Hello all,

I have a question for those who have gone though the medical process in previous lists or for this list for EMS promo.
    I know the physical part with the stair stepper but I was wondering what paperwork the medical office would need from a doctor?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Forum Member

Hey TCFDDAN Thankyou for the last post it was very informative..it answerd alot of my questions, just one thing though, do you need to bring all of your w2's from all of you jobs or just 1 to show the 6 month work experience requirement?
    thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goodscore6019 View Post
    3300s whats your final score?
    btw 97.4 & 97.5; how bout you dude??? =)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a question for those who have gone though the medical process in previous lists or for this list for EMS promo.
    I know the physical part with the stair stepper but I was wondering what paperwork the medical office would need from a doctor?
    None. Just your body.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    None. Just your body.
    I've read in past posts that if you've had surgery you'll need some sort of letter from your Doctor clearing you/saying you're fine. Not sure exactly what they needthe investigators will tell you during your medical. But I've also heard people say don't tell them unless it's obvious (huge scar, etc.) because it's a huge hassle. But I have yet to go through it, so can't confirm.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

Hello All,

So today I came home and in my mail box from yesterday Feb 21 was a letter from FDNY to report for my medical on Feb 27th. The paperwork is fairly simple just a bunch of boxes to check that say do you have this illness or not. But they want documentation of surgeries or illnesses that you have had. Did not really give me much time to get anything together or plan ahead. Just letting people who have low list numbers know that this is coming with not much warning.
    Last edited by ant195; 02-22-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ant195 View Post
    Hello All,

So today I came home and in my mail box from yesterday Feb 21 was a letter from FDNY to report for my medical on Feb 27th. The paperwork is fairly simple just a bunch of boxes to check that say do you have this illness or not. But they want documentation of surgeries or illnesses that you have had. Did not really give me much time to get anything together or plan ahead. Just letting people who have low list numbers know that this is coming with not much warning.
    went for the interview today feel free too ask any questions....but the last two days 4/50 people PASSED the medical...I do believe these were EMS promos...ANT wats your list number about
    Last edited by matty21; 02-22-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    They give you such short notice for the medical incase you are smoking weed you will fail the **** test.
    Then maybe people who are using illegal drugs should think about that BEFORE they apply for Firefighter positions.

Forum Member

HOLY sh1t, 4/50 passed the CPAT? They give you such short notice for the medical incase you are smoking weed you will fail the **** test. Where are you sitting on the list ant? Matty, how'd the interview go, what time were you out of there by?
    I meant medical they failed the step mill...I got out around 1230. to speed it up get to the front left hand side...they may move the chairs if you are there early but after they are done make sure you go back to the front left. make sure everything is filled out and signed and order your papers in the order it is on the back of the sheet. EX birth certificate then copy of birth certificate, social security card copy of your social card...and on and on you want to be in the first group going up for fingerprints. Make sure you are on time and in proper attire. Other then that they are pretty helpful copy machine and notary there if you need it.

Forum Member

HOLY sh1t, 4/50 passed the CPAT? They give you such short notice for the medical incase you are smoking weed you will fail the **** test. Where are you sitting on the list ant? Matty, how'd the interview go, what time were you out of there by?
    They should really start doing the hair analysis test like the NYPD does. That would probably eliminate a lot more undesirable people from the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    They should really start doing the hair analysis test like the NYPD does. That would probably eliminate a lot more undesirable people from the process.
    Yea that would be great, then could go back a couple of months with the hair analysis for drug use, def weed out a lot of undesirables and preserve the name of the fdny, keeping The Post from blasting them on the front page from F*ck ups that got on

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

If you spend some time at the CPAT prep course you can figure out why allot of the EMS promos are failing. Not in great shape. You dont need to be in great shape to pass the CPAT but the medical will weed out those who are not in good shape. I will let you all know what its like when I do it next Wednesday.
    Work out hard and keep your nose clean and you will prevail.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red2117 View Post
    I've read in past posts that if you've had surgery you'll need some sort of letter from your Doctor clearing you/saying you're fine. Not sure exactly what they needthe investigators will tell you during your medical. But I've also heard people say don't tell them unless it's obvious (huge scar, etc.) because it's a huge hassle. But I have yet to go through it, so can't confirm.
    I made a mistake. That was bad info I gave out the other day. When I wrote that, I was unaware of a medical clearance form (the same one in the initial investigation packet) that asks for your medical history in a page full of boxes to check and needs a notary on the back.

It got mailed out, and I never got it. As Kip Dynamite put it "I loved technology." Specifically the fax, today.

Forum Member

Quick question for you guys, i'm finishing up the background packet today, and i'm going over the drivers record stuff. I have one speeding ticket on my record right now (the only thing that shows up on the abstract)....but they want dates of EVERY ticket, well i had 2 when i was 18 yrs old....they arent on my record and i cant remember the dates etc...there is also a parking ticket in there somewhere...anyone know how strict they are on this sort of thing?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default dates

just try and find out if you know what city you got the ticket in you can try and call the police department they maybe able to help you out. If you cant find it just think of the approximate date and don't fill it in. When you get there ask the investigator. They will be cool about it.

Thread Information