Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Fdny List 6019

Forum Member

Before I got a NY state license, I got a ticket up here, and it showed up on my still-home state's abstract.

Now I could have sworn there was one missing from when I was 19, but I have no idea what the exact details were. I cant imagine the investigators having any secret resources to dig up what the State doesnt offer. You got an abstract, I think youd be safe to say your relevant history is what they say it is... unless they add a few extras on, but thats another story.

IIRC, the instructions differentiate between moving violations and parking tickets.

Forum Member

IIRC, the tickets drop off your record after 6(?) years. I got one 7.5 years ago that does not show up on any of my "complete" driving histories.
    Just a peon proby in the greatest job in the world; grinning ear to ear.

Forum Member

how strict are they about speeding tickets?? I think over the past seven years i have like 4 or 5 and a couple of parking tickets that took me a couple of years to pay.

Forum Member

I have more, and they havent told me to fock off yet.

Hope I didnt just jinx myself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkylinePCG View Post
    I have more, and they havent told me to fock off yet.

Hope I didnt just jinx myself.
    Question-how exactly does that work if they don't find someone qualified? Do they tell you outright that the jobs not yours or do they just stop calling/mailing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    Question-how exactly does that work if they don't find someone qualified? Do they tell you outright that the jobs not yours or do they just stop calling/mailing.

They should tell you straight out.

Forum Member

Does anyone know what formula they use in the medical for your max heart rate?
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hopefully09 View Post
    220-your age X .9.

Ex. If you are 20, 220-20=200 x .9= must be under 180.
    Thanks a bunch....
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

how do they go about measuring you max heart rate. I guess if it goes over you fail ? what do they do put you on a treadmill if so how long ?

Forum Member

I know for JCFD, my cousin said that they do the thing from the gatorade commercial. They hook the things up to you, and make you run on the treadmill.

Forum Member

Default speeding tickets

Just curious but how strict are they on speeding tickets, parking tickets, and these sorts of things. I am most interested in speeding tickets but i am sure there are other people out there with arrest(s), hopefully not plural but nevertheless. I am sure a dui probably puts you out of the running and anything violent,, but what about other stuff. any stories yall have heard. Me personally, i have probably 5 tickets over the past 7 years. Never any too serious, just little guys. Is that something i should worry about?

Default Waiting...

I am eligible 8122 from list number 6019, does any body know when I should be expecting anything to start the process for me to be interview and do the test needed to enter the FDNY?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    how do they go about measuring you max heart rate. I guess if it goes over you fail ? what do they do put you on a treadmill if so how long ?
    3 minutes on a stepmill, a one minute break and then 5 minutes with a 50 lb vest without going over the max heart rate you have

Forum Member

3 and 5 min thats not bad. but at what speed i know i been doing the 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 7.5 miles per hour with no incline for 12 min and i'm pretty sure i max out. so at what speed do they test you on the stepmill and treadmill

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
    Just curious but how strict are they on speeding tickets, parking tickets, and these sorts of things. I am most interested in speeding tickets but i am sure there are other people out there with arrest(s), hopefully not plural but nevertheless. I am sure a dui probably puts you out of the running and anything violent,, but what about other stuff. any stories yall have heard. Me personally, i have probably 5 tickets over the past 7 years. Never any too serious, just little guys. Is that something i should worry about?
    I think you should be fine. i felt like all they were really looking for was honesty, and if they caught you hiding something then they'd kick you right out. I've heard that smaller arrests, like underage drinking, speeding, etc. are OK. The bigger tickets that include drugs or violence will most likely get you eliminated. Although I know a guy who had an assault with a weapon (he got into a bar fight and used a bottle), but sat down and explained it and made it through.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    3 and 5 min thats not bad. but at what speed i know i been doing the 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 7.5 miles per hour with no incline for 12 min and i'm pretty sure i max out. so at what speed do they test you on the stepmill and treadmill
    There is no test on a treadmill only the stepmill....

The rate on the stepmill is 59 steps p/m....Personally my heart rate goes much higher on the stepmill with the vest on than it does running with no weight.
    6019 #47x

Forum Member

Hey guys, I hope everyone is still hanging in there working out and staying out of trouble. Just stopping in to say hi.

Anyone know of any good deals for a weight vest? Those things are expensive! I'm going to start using the stepmill instead of just running all the time. My list is 17## so I figure I've got until at least the summer time before I get called for that, plenty of time just better start now.

Good luck to everyone who has started the process and keep us informed as you go along.

Forum Member

You have to be honest and tell them everything, you are being investigated as a Law Enforcement Officer and will be a "nys peace officer"
    Arrests do not automatically disqualify you, if they are above the acceptable level they may hire you with a "stip". I do not know the exact guidelines for what does or does not DQ you. I think it is done on a case by case basis. They will have you sign a document "stipulation" stating that you agree to get hired with on a conditional basis, it extends your probation (6 months, 1 year, etc), In that time (academy 6months +1 year probation+ however long the stip is) you get in any trouble you will be automatically terminated.

Forum Member

Default Medical

Im really nervous about the Medical.. my heart rate goes really high on the stepmill...any idea on how i can lower that ?

Forum Member

Anyone know if you failed your psychological for the nypd if it will mess with the applying for fdny?
    List # 13**

Forum Member

Default A quick question??

Does anyone know if prior use (Two times) of marijuana 6 years ago would disqualify someone?

They placed me on investigative review for the past 7 months, beasue they want to further look into this. Which caused me to miss the last 2 classes. What do you think??

NOTE: This was 6 yrs ago and have been clean since.

Forum Member

Default Medicals

Does anyone know what is tested during the medical physical? How long do the run and how many at a clip do they pull in?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Medical

Hello All,

Took the medical today nothing to be really worried about. Its sort of like an assembly line of events. You go from place to place doing your vitals, hearing, vision, etc. The doctor looks at you checks quickly over your stuff and you are off.
    For all of you that know you will be called soon get out and work out!! We had only 15 guys today and when I left which was fairly early 4 people had failed the stair master that I knew of and most of the guys who passed did so by only a few beats. If you get out and run and work out there should be no reason you are anywhere near 90% of your max in this exam. From the buzz around the office lots of people are failing the stair master. One of the guys said that out of a 40 person class they did before us only 6 passed. Dont be one of those guys or gals. GET IN SHAPE!!

Good Luck
    Keep Working out!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with the poor timid spirits, who know neither victory nor defeat." FDR

Hey all, I just got home from my investigation, my number is in the 11XX. Anyway it went smooth, BE EARLY.. if you go and sit on the front left by the window like people have said before you will go first, the earlier you are the faster you get fingerprinted and get out. The investigators were very nice, just be nice to them and they will help you out.

Anyway I have a question, there were a few people there who were going to the CPAT prep course, they said they got something in the mail about it. I would like to go to these course's but never recieved anything in the mail about it. Maybe they didnt send it out to kids over #1000 yet? Anyway does anyone know a number I can contact to see about this or does anyone know if they have not sent it over a certain number yet, thanks a lot guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorC View Post
    Anyone know if you failed your psychological for the nypd if it will mess with the applying for fdny?
    I don't know how it works down there, but I know many times the PD and FD of a particular municipality will use the same company or psychologists. So they'll have your old answers and know why you failed. Don't lie on this psych to try and do better, or hope you remember if you lied before.

Thread Information